God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Update: Some of the negative reviews are also because of forced PSN Account Requirement to Play

6zhGBKQpPrlLNI2a7EfALNs1.png

God of War: Ragnarök debuts on PC today with a 22,967 concurrent players peak on Steam so far. God of War (2018) peaked at around 73.5k on Steam at launch.User reviews are mixed with about one third of the reviews complaining about the forced PSN Account requirement.

One of the mai reason gamers are angry is that God of War Ragnarok doesn't run on graphics cards with less than 6 GB of VRAM, mainly affecting GTX 1650 owners

Fix the 4gb vram ngc please i paid to play, i waited for two months for a game that runs on ps4 to simply not run on a mid end pc. THIS IS A LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE CONSUMER

You pay looking forward to playing the game, you count down the days to its release and when the game is finally available to play, you get a message saying that you can't play it because your video card doesn't have 6GB of RAM... It's disheartening to have to deal with the fact that you have to force yourself to upgrade in order to play a game that was released on PS4. If the game doesn't run, I'd understand... but if I don't even have the opportunity to open the game? what a bastardization

god-of-war-ragnarok-113980.webp
dKtJ6vr.jpeg

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's strange because it can run just fine on APUs that have less than 0.5GB of VRAM, even on configs of 16 GB RAM, using that system memory as VRAM. The fact that is DDR5 RAM might help.

Chips like the 8600G can run it at 1080p 30 low/medium settings. Other than that, it seems to be a great port.

Yeah system requirements even state the minimum VRAM required. Just refund and stop complaining.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
1650 Lmao, no disrespect but the guy should go back to flipping burgers. Do people really expect to game on xx50 cards? those cards are for csgo and dota 2 at low settings

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
11 Jul 2024
God of War: Ragnarök debuts on PC today with a 22,967 concurrent players peak on Steam so far. God of War (2018) peaked at around 73.5k on Steam at launch.
This alone tells you that the majority of people who played GoW 2018 on PC, went ahead and bought themselves a PS5 to play Ragnarok on launch instead of waiting 2 years.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
- Brag about PCs being so much more powerful than consoles
- Sony releases game that ran on console with up to 16GB shared memory, with 6GB VRAM requirement on PC
- "Why can't I run this on my potatoe PC?"

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Damn right! Fuck you Gabe you're going down!

Yeah, Steam isn't "going down", but Sony unlike the other companies makes games every year and not just annual sports titles or annual shooters. They also have relationships with 3rd parties.

They can etch out their own section of the PC market and run it at a profit instead of a loss like EGS.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Yeah, Steam isn't "going down", but Sony unlike the other companies makes games every year and not just annual sports titles or annual shooters. They also have relationships with 3rd parties.

They can etch out their own section of the PC market and run it at a profit instead of a loss like EGS.
Shut the fuck up Sony won't do shit!

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Average Steam player PC is less powerful then base PS5? That's pitiful.

That's the secret truth of PC gaming and why a lot of people are angry about the Pro.

PC games release and they don't work on every configuration out of the box and most of these configs are lower end than PS5.

The PC gaming community likes to pretend like everyone has a 4090.

A higher percentage of PlayStation 5 owners will own a PS5 Pro than PC gamers own any of these high end cards.

Last edited: