Grand Theft Auto 6 Announced. First Trailer is coming in December.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Who want to bet this gets delayed to early 2026 then again to mid 2026?
I could see this happening because of the PS5 Pro and depending on how many bugs, glitches etc. it'll have during 2025... But it might still be out late 2025... But we'll see if a delay happens during mid-late 2025... Or not.

But it's still very early to tell if this will indeed happen or not... But we should get to know that in 2025 though!

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
This. Take 2 can't afford to not release it. Their financial situation is dire. They've been in the red for a while now.

Take 2 will delay before releasing something they're not 100% sure will make ALL the money.
This is going to be their new main cash cow for the next 15 years.
They can afford to be stay in the red.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Take 2 will delay before releasing something they're not 100% sure will make ALL the money.
Yeah, they’ll delay it as long as they need to. R* are perfectionists

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Evilms

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
They can release whatever when it comes to GTA and earn billions. Just look at all the GTAO anti-consumer,pay to win crap that they earn huge money on.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
It would be hilarious if this reviews as a middling 7-8/10 game. Will be fun watching the industry implode if that happens. Anyways with more than a decade between entries they have built up almost mythical expectations from gamers which they won't be able to reach, the bar to reach for rockstar is up there with the stars and its very hard to do that with game after game

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
It would be hilarious if this reviews as a middling 7-8/10 game. Will be fun watching the industry implode if that happens. Anyways with more than a decade between entries they have built up almost mythical expectations from gamers which they won't be able to reach, the bar to reach for rockstar is up there with the stars and its very hard to do that with game after game

No canonical episode of GTA 3D has scored below 9/10, it would take an industrial catastrophe for GTA6 to get below 90, otherwise it's unlikely to happen.
wx0xB9y.png

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
No canonical episode of GTA 3D has scored below 9/10, it would take an industrial catastrophe for GTA6 to get below 90, otherwise it's unlikely to happen.
wx0xB9y.png
The thing is maintaining that is very hard and law of averages is the same for everyone, At some point Rockstar will have a flop and all I am saying is the fallout will be hilarious to watch from side lines if it is GTA 6

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The thing is maintaining that is very hard and law of averages is the same for everyone, At some point Rockstar will have a flop and all I am saying is the fallout will be hilarious to watch from side lines if it is GTA 6
Well it won't be GTA 6 that's for sure

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I feel like GTA isn’t a series they’ll spare any expense for. They are gonna invest a shit ton in this and it’s really gonna show if RDR2 is anything to go by.
The trailer and leaked content we saw was already impressive. Rockstar knows what is riding on this, anyone thinking they won't make the best game they possibly could is delusional. Story will be mediocre I'm sure, but I expect everything else around it to be immaculate as it was for GTA V, which still puts so many open world games to shame 11 years later

• they're_right_you_know

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Many games have tried to compete with GTA, but to no avail. They've all fallen flat on their faces for simple, obvious reasons: experience, talent, time and resources.

We've had games like :
  • True Crime
  • Driver
  • Cyberpunk
  • Yakuza
  • Bully
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Mafia
  • The Saboteur
  • CrackDown
  • Scarface
  • Total Overdose
  • Getaway
  • Just Cause
  • The Godfather
  • Watch Dogs
  • LA Noire
  • Gangstar
  • Mercenaries
  • Wheelman
But for me, urban and above all credible open worlds are something only Rockstar knows how to do. Putting so much detail into an open world you have to be a perfectionist like them.

And over the decades, GTA has become such a powerful license that it seems impossible to dislodge today, and it's no wonder that there are fewer and fewer GTA Like games.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
And what kind of bet do we get from you if it doesnt get delayed into 2026
If GTA Vi is not a 2026 game I will ask the mod team to change my tag to Code Veronica is better then RE4 and if you loose you must watch one of my RE4 video and comment "RE4 is love, RE4 is life"

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Many games have tried to compete with GTA, but to no avail. They've all fallen flat on their faces for simple, obvious reasons: experience, talent, time and resources.

We've had games like :
  • True Crime
  • Driver
  • Cyberpunk
  • Yakuza
  • Bully
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Mafia
  • The Saboteur
  • CrackDown
  • Scarface
  • Total Overdose
  • Getaway
  • Just Cause
  • The Godfather
  • Watch Dogs
  • LA Noire
  • Gangstar
  • Mercenaries
  • Wheelman
But for me, urban and above all credible open worlds are something only Rockstar knows how to do. Putting so much detail into an open world you have to be a perfectionist like them.

And over the decades, GTA has become such a powerful license that it seems impossible to dislodge today, and it's no wonder that there are fewer and fewer GTA Like games.
Huh?? Yakuza and Cyberpunk are not GTA competitors, that was never their intention. ...Not even close

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It would be hilarious if this reviews as a middling 7-8/10 game. Will be fun watching the industry implode if that happens.
No it would not, why wouldn't you want this to be a great game like RDR2?

We've had games like :
  • True Crime
  • Driver
  • Cyberpunk
  • Yakuza
  • Bully
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Mafia
  • The Saboteur
  • CrackDown
  • Scarface
  • Total Overdose
  • Getaway
  • Just Cause
  • The Godfather
  • Watch Dogs
  • LA Noire
  • Gangstar
  • Mercenaries
  • Wheelman

R* open world games are in a league of their own, RDR2 in a lot of aspects looks 10 years ahead of it's time (in some aspects like combat, not so much)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It would be hilarious if this reviews as a middling 7-8/10 game. Will be fun watching the industry implode if that happens.
Won't happen, just for being GTA will get great scores. And well, the industry won't care if it gets mediocre/bad reviews, or sales. It would only meaningfully affect Take 2.

Not even the platform holders who get a cut from it, since they have a lot of other successful AAA games every year and their revenue is spread between a gazillion other games.

And well, regarding the non-Take 2 big publishers would be happy to see it because it would mean a bigger portion of the pie for them.

We've had games like :
  • True Crime
  • Driver
  • Cyberpunk
  • Yakuza
  • Bully
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Mafia
  • The Saboteur
  • CrackDown
  • Scarface
  • Total Overdose
  • Getaway
  • Just Cause
  • The Godfather
  • Watch Dogs
  • LA Noire
  • Gangstar
  • Mercenaries
  • Wheelman

These games have an urban setting and are -at least some sort of- open world games. But that doesn't mean they were aiming for GTA levels of success or to dethrone GTA.

Even less GTAV numbers, nobody aims to achieve that because it's a very rare one in a lifetime exception, even for the GTA series.

There are many non-Rockstar (like several from Ubi, Sony or CD-Projekt) very successful open world games. But as happened with GTAV, GTA6 Rockstar will spend the amount of dev and marketing resources that these other companies spend in like half a dozen open world games or more.

I mean, if you combine all the open worlds that Ubi or Sony released from a GTA release to the next one and combine their revenue or resources probably will be similar -or higher- to the ones Rockstar released in that period.

GTAV was released almost 11 years ago, in 2013. Since then Ubi released Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Rogue, Unity, Syndicate, Origins, Odyssey, Valhalla, Mirage. Plus also Pirates, Freedom Cry, Memories, Chronicles: China, Chronicles: India, Chronicles: Russia, Identity, Unity: Arno's Chronicles, Rebellion, Nexus VR. Plus remasters, a movie, novels and other stuff. And that's only AC, they also made many other open world like Far Cry, The Division, Watchdogs or Ghost Recon(or non-open world big AAA as would be things like Rainbow 6 or The Crew) series, while Rockstar only has RDR.

Last edited: