GSD European sales October 2023 - PS5#1(+143%) NSW#2(-20%) XBS#3(-52%) / EA FC24 #1, AC Mirage#2, SM2#3

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I've always got the sense the MS views the general public as gullible and dumb. This goes back decades, for me, in how they handled Windows and their other software applications. They'd rather force their products on people and exert control as opposed to offer a competitive and attractive product that people want to buy. They've succeeded in that area and now their software is the default setting for many people and businesses. It should never have been allowed to happen, but it was.

I think where they're running into issues now is that gamers, as a whole, are not gullible and dumb. Many of us are very knowledgeable, educated, and passionate about our hobby. It's why MS doesn't get that their most notorious, evangelistic influencers are not going to draw people to their brand. As well, their heavy-handed approach to reshaping the gaming industry to one where they're in control is not resonating with the majority (declining console sales, stagnating Game Pass sub rates, loss of market share even in countries they were once strong in, etc.) and the decline has only sped up with their acquisitions. XBox, as a brand, is not attractive to many people on a world-wide scale. That's the result of continuing on with their current leadership and strategy. I say let them have at it. I have no tolerance for that kind of arrogance and, petty as it may be, am enjoying seeing the results of it.
Don’t kid yourself, gamers are dumber than the general public.

The amount of morons who bought multiple 360s to replace RROD systems illustrates that beautifully.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Starfield sucking was a massive blow to Xbox

All the hype, all the expectation. It really ended up a sink or swim moment for.Series X

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
All the hype, all the expectation. It really ended up a sink or swim moment for.Series X

Can't find a video where Ryan McCaffrey cried like a baby after Redfall review and said that Starfield needs to be a success for Xbox. It was hilarious

Reactions: Yobo

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Can't find a video where Ryan McCaffrey cried like a baby after Redfall review and said that Starfield needs to be a success for Xbox. It was hilarious
this one? these idiots are making the same mistake by hyping up Forza MS8 and Starfield, 2 more duds with huge issues that had potential. Instead of calling out the massive flaws they act like these games are great and it's why Xbox will continue to be mediocre

At 45:10 minute mark

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
this one? these idiots are making the same mistake by hyping up Forza MS8 and Starfield, 2 more duds with huge issues that had potential. Instead of calling out the massive flaws they act like these games are great and it's why Xbox will continue to be mediocre

At 46 minute mark

Yep, found it. Just started to watch it 30 min. ago. Need to find a part where Ryan almost cried. LOL

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Starfield sucking was a massive blow to Xbox

But, according to the likes of AdamsApple and other GAF shills, nobody ever said it would be the game of the generation or would put Xbox on top...

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Hey, they had fun with it.

Fun is very subjective.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Hey, they had fun with it.

Fun is very subjective.
Sure, nothing wrong with that. I had fun with Forspoken but I'm not gonna tell Square Enix that they did an amazing job with it and that there is nothing wrong with the game and anyone that criticizes it is a hater fanboy and its just #SquareEnixTax. I'm not saying they're bad games, just that they failed to reach their potential and instead of discussing those, they just talk about how amazing the games are and act like they're perfect. Which is why the cycle will continue.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Sure, nothing wrong with that. I had fun with Forspoken but I'm not gonna tell Square Enix that they did an amazing job with it and that there is nothing wrong with the game and anyone that criticizes it is a hater fanboy and its just #SquareEnixTax. I'm not saying they're bad games, just that they failed to reach their potential and instead of discussing those, they just talk about how amazing the games are and act like they're perfect. Which is why the cycle will continue.
I know

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Don’t kid yourself, gamers are dumber than the general public.

The amount of morons who bought multiple 360s to replace RROD systems illustrates that beautifully.

That's a good point, but considering the sales gap that went on between the following generation consoles - I have little doubt that helped shape some choices. Anecdotal, of course, but I saw many people talking about that as a reason for jumping to PS4 from the 360. Other reasons are more prevalent - the XBone reveal, Kinect, Sony first-party and hardware, price, etc.) - but it's still there as a reason. For me, that whole debacle was just another example of MS screwing over their own customers. I remember even once they finally admitted it was their fault, people reported sending in RROD systems and getting RROD systems back. I suspect a lot of eyes were opened by stuff like that and we're still seeing the effects of that to this day. It take a lot to build customer good-will and little to destroy if for most.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That's a good point, but considering the sales gap that went on between the following generation consoles - I have little doubt that helped shape some choices. Anecdotal, of course, but I saw many people talking about that as a reason for jumping to PS4 from the 360. Other reasons are more prevalent - the XBone reveal, Kinect, Sony first-party and hardware, price, etc.) - but it's still there as a reason. For me, that whole debacle was just another example of MS screwing over their own customers. I remember even once they finally admitted it was their fault, people reported sending in RROD systems and getting RROD systems back. I suspect a lot of eyes were opened by stuff like that and we're still seeing the effects of that to this day. It take a lot to build customer good-will and little to destroy if for most.
Sure, but we had years of "MS has great service, they take care of their customers", Sony is not like that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
that too, but they spun the constant replacement as a benefit... kind of brusing off the whole problem to begin with.

Interesting. Who spun it that way? I have seen people saying the received multiple replacement units, but very few were pleased by the experience.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Interesting. Who spun it that way? I have seen people saying the received multiple replacement units, but very few were pleased by the experience.
I was talking about the cretins who happily paid full price to replace their systems before MS took responsibility and started replacing them under warranty.

• party
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster