Halo Infinite loses its sound design team

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The OT for Infinite’s season 3 at ResetEra has provided some more information regarding the layoffs at 343. Halo Infinite’s entire sound design team has been axed as of January.

BFCA5991-63-BF-440-A-9-E66-5-D993938-F640.jpg

76-A79-E50-8-FA8-4798-8-CDC-FDF297430584.jpg

Halo Infinite’s season 3 launched with half the concurrent players season 2 peaked at and was only able to break 10k for its launch day. It’s back in the gutter already. I’m sure matchmaking is busted because of it… because lols dead game no players durr.

Will Infinite be shutdown altogether? It’s looking more likely than ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

Will Infinite be shutdown altogether? It’s looking more likely than ever.
But I was told Halo Infinite was meant to be around for 10 years with constantly updated content. Are you implying that we gamers were lied to by Philly S? That doesn't sound like him.

• haha
Reactions: Zzero
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
But I was told Halo Infinite was meant to be around for 10 years with constantly updated content. Are you implying that we gamers were lied to by Philly S? That doesn't sound like him.

Biggest industry failure since ET. There’s no sugar coating it… I honestly think it’s the biggest industry flop to date.

D

Deleted member 417

Biggest industry failure since ET. There’s no sugar coating it… I honestly think it’s the biggest industry flop to date.
If the 500 million for dev costs, engine and marketing is correct, then yes. Biggest flop in the history of gaming.

You won't see it on any "gaming's biggest flop" polls though

Reactions: Doncortez77
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I don’t think MS has any interest in salvaging this. It sure doesn’t seem that way. Not with how 343 has been gutted.

The idea may just be to have battlepass be shared with the BR. But the BR is Unreal Engine and I imagine that can make things difficult. Especially when they axed their engineering team for slipspace.

Also, the hard drive space taken up by two different games is as one would be unacceptable. It sorta has to be its own product altogether. No one would want to download 300 gigs just to ignore 95% of it.

Like what the fuck do you do other than just end Infinite?

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
They have been pretty terrible haven't they?

This is probably one of the biggest differences between Microsoft and Sony, studios are just another mark on the spreadsheet for them.
Yes they are, nobody can blame Don Matrick anymore.
Microsoft doesn’t depend on gaming like Sony or Nintendo. Gets even more scary when MS is renowned by meddling into their studios and doesn’t care if it fails.
They are just collecting studios at this point… not caring about talented people jobs because of Xbox own mismanagement of the studios.

D

Deleted member 417

Yes they are, nobody can blame Don Matrick anymore.
Microsoft doesn’t depend on gaming like Sony or Nintendo. Gets even more scary when MS is renowned by meddling into their studios and doesn’t care if it fails.
They are just collecting studios at this point… not caring about talented people jobs because of Xbox own mismanagement of the studios.
I can't believe I'm going to defend Don Rattrick, but...At least he launched games on the Xbone. Sure, he slacked off on the amount of games released towards the end of the xbox 360 gen and focused on the abysmal disaster that was Kinect, but at least the guy had a vision, albeit a shitty one, and backed it up with games and exclusives.

Peter Moore's boots were big ones to fill and Rattrick did ok, not great, but OK in delivering games. Since him, things have gotten worse. Would you have believed, after watchin the Tv Tv Tv e3, that things would get worse for microsoft?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The entire sound design team? So what do they do now? Outsource? Or use a team from another developer they bought?

This is all so disjointed.... buying up massive chunks of the industry in the hopes it makes up for their own shortcomings.....

But worse than that, they more than likely know and hope they will damage their competition at the same time by taking away industry staples (nothing that hasn't been said a million times here but worth restating in this context I think)

It's all just horrible for the industry.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I can't believe I'm going to defend Don Rattrick, but...At least he launched games on the Xbone. Sure, he slacked off on the amount of games released towards the end of the xbox 360 gen and focused on the abysmal disaster that was Kinect, but at least the guy had a vision, albeit a shitty one, and backed it up with games and exclusives.

Peter Moore's boots were big ones to fill and Rattrick did ok, not great, but OK in delivering games. Since him, things have gotten worse. Would you have believed, after watchin the Tv Tv Tv e3, that things would get worse for microsoft?
More and more I am convinced that Xbox 360 was not a stroke of genius but of luck. How many more generations are going to pass before the fans who are left are going to be critical?

The ones being screwed are the people who work at their studios and their fans.

Reactions: Deleted member 417
D

Deleted member 417

More and more I am convinced that Xbox 360 was not a stroke of genius but of luck. How many more generations are going to pass before the fans who are left are going to be critical?

The ones being screwed are the people who work at their studios and their fans.
OG xbox and xbox 360 catered to a certain kind of gamer. Their feedback kept Microsoft in-line and kept Xbox on track. Then, for some bizarre reason, they turned their back on the fans (like me) who had supported them all the way through. They then chased the wii crowd, gamer girl and granny, while dismissing any negative feedback whatsoever.

They still didn't listen after the disaster of the Xbone launch, even though their old school fans told them how they could turn it all around. Now, those fans are shouted down by the bots, shills and brainwashed morons that think "xbox has never been better" and I am convinced they are all younger than 20 or never actually played an xbox 360.

The OG Xbox is still one of the best consoles ever made for risky, crazy games, very Sega-esque. In contrast, the Series console is two consoles (retarded idea) and has no games.

If microsoft went back to catering to the audience they had between 2001 and 2010, they would be in a much, much better shape.

Imagine what Peter Moore could do if he had the resources of Phil Spencer?

Reactions: VillaiN
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The entire sound design team? So what do they do now? Outsource? Or use a team from another developer they bought?

Sound and weapon design at this point in the game is an important part of the service aspect just so players can look forward to new things. But now what? Make weapons and visual effects and have the other half of it outsourced?

This project seems abandoned to me. This is considering I believe the BR having moved to Unreal Engine and a different dev altogether makes it to be a NEW game.

I don’t think you can move arena halo today without a campaign to be when to expect new and returning players to jump in. More modes and more playlists hurt the game and more so with skill based matchmaking also being some industrywide edict for whatever reason … when population is anemic as it is things needs to be consolidated not diluted.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Imagine what Peter Moore could do if he had the resources of Phil Spencer?
yeah I had the same argument on the other forum, people are just blind or acting on interest of trying to twist that issue into Sony’s fault.
It’s always someone else blame, never the people in charge on the division…

At this point it’s more than obvious that with fewer resources, their competitors do more and try harder.

24 Jun 2022

Don's actually done a decent amount industry-wise. Made his own games super-young, became one of the youngest millionaires before even turning 18, managed his own company, and then you get to Xbox 360 & XBO; I think he was just no BS too blunt about Microsoft's real goals and that's why he got kicked aside. Who knows if he was in a Tom Kalinski position where he was basically forced to do the bidding of higher-ups whether he liked it or not.

But at least for XBO he got stuff going like Killer Instinct, Ryse, TitanFall, Dead Rising 3 etc. His actual history in gaming through DSI, etc. is pretty interesting.

Phil Spencer is the Eric Bischoff of gaming.

Oh snap 🤣