Halo Infinite loses its sound design team

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
So many readers goty awards. The end up like this innit @adamsapple

Let me correct you, most of the awards it won were editors picks, only 1/3rd or less were Readers choices.

Here's all the websites which gave Halo: Infinite the GoTY award in 2021. The missing #'s in the middle were the readers choice which I've removed.

3. Dexterto (UK)
4. Game Informer (US)
7. New York Daily News (US)
9. WASD (PT)
12. Gamereactor Sweden (SE)
13. Gamer.nl (NL)
15. ITHardware.pl (PL)
16. Maxim Magazine (US)
17. TEC (PE)
18. Gaming Boulevard (BE)
19. PopTonic (US)
20. The Spokesman-Review (US)
21. The Scottish Sun (UK)
22. Par30Game (IR)
23. Goodnight Groofs (US)
24. TicinOnline (CH)
25. Inside Digital (DE)
26. VentureBeat (US)
29. Twinfinite (US)
30. MonsterVine (US)

Hope that was helpful to you (y)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Let me correct you, most of the awards it won were editors picks, only 1/3rd or less were Readers choices.

Here's all the websites which gave Halo: Infinite the GoTY award in 2021. The missing #'s in the middle were the readers choice which I've removed.

3. Dexterto (UK)
4. Game Informer (US)
9. WASD (PT)
13. Gamer.nl (NL)
15. ITHardware.pl (PL)
16. Maxim Magazine (US)
17. TEC (PE)
19. PopTonic (US)
22. Par30Game (IR)
24. TicinOnline (CH)
25. Inside Digital (DE)
26. VentureBeat (US)
29. Twinfinite (US)
30. MonsterVine (US)

You scraped hard for that list. 80% of tht list are unknown 😂😂😂

Did you type tht up with a straight face?

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

3. Dexterto (UK)
4. Game Informer (US)
9. WASD (PT)
13. Gamer.nl (NL)
15. ITHardware.pl (PL)
16. Maxim Magazine (US)
17. TEC (PE)
19. PopTonic (US)
22. Par30Game (IR)
24. TicinOnline (CH)
25. Inside Digital (DE)
26. VentureBeat (US)
29. Twinfinite (US)
30. MonsterVine (US)

The last of awards

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
You scraped hard for that list. 80% of tht list are unknown 😂😂😂

Did you type tht up with a straight face?

I didn't type any of that, there's multiple websites that track all GoTY winners and put them in neat lists.

You can probably find many of the same voted for games like Witcher 3 or Last of Us Part 2 or Elden Ring in their respective years. 🤷‍♂️

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
A "gamer's choice" title ending up like this? Gaf's Goty? What happened?

A certain company, with its media plants and its fanbase sure does blow a lot of smoke up on people's faces and their own.

Manufactured shit sooner or later hits the brick wall called reality.

P

peter42O

While they should keep releasing multi-player content for Halo Infinite, the core team should already be working on the next Halo game and develop it to be a next generation only game. This way, 343 has over 5 years to get it done. Eliminate the semi-open world design and go back to linear with a great story/characters and far better visuals. They already have the combat/gameplay loop and just go from there. At least, this is what I would have 343 start working on.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Deleted member 417

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
While they should keep releasing multi-player content for Halo Infinite, the core team should already be working on the next Halo game and develop it to be a next generation only game. This way, 343 has over 5 years to get it done. Eliminate the semi-open world design and go back to linear with a great story/characters and far better visuals. They already have the combat/gameplay loop and just go from there. At least, this is what I would have 343 start working on.

I'm sure there's a contingent of people prototyping the future of the franchise even now.

A follow up to Infinite's fantastic campaign would be good. Let's see if they can aim for even more GoTY awards this time.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Kinda hard to work on the next one when they're not working at all

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
With takes like these it's kind of hard to think you're not an instance of ChatGPT

The complaints people have against the game have little to do with the campaign, we all know it, but gotta keep up the lolinfinite narrative in this place I suppose 🤷‍♂️

P

peter42O

I'm sure there's a contingent of people prototyping the future of the franchise even now.

A follow up to Infinite's fantastic campaign would be good. Let's see if they can aim for even more GoTY awards this time.

I really enjoyed the Halo Infinite campaign as it was my 2021 game of the year. Instead of a follow up, I would like to see 343 do something a little different, go M rated and use the dark lore that's in the books but not the games. In words, I would reboot the franchise and go in a more mature and dark themed direction and have it be more linear. The open world stuff just didn't hit for me but the missions themselves were great. We'll see what 343 does.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I really enjoyed the Halo Infinite campaign as it was my 2021 game of the year. Instead of a follow up, I would like to see 343 do something a little different, go M rated and use the dark lore that's in the books but not the games. In words, I would reboot the franchise and go in a more mature and dark themed direction and have it be more linear. The open world stuff just didn't hit for me but the missions themselves were great. We'll see what 343 does.

The only big lingering complaint I have against the campaign is how they hand-waive the whole Cortana situation to set up a new narrative, that felt like a last minute tack-on to the game. But in terms of game play, mechanics and the sandbox open world mission structure, the campaign was faboo. Reminded me of how well Phantom Pain adopted MGS as an open world.

• haha
Reactions: Satoru
D

Deleted member 417

This would be good. OG Halo trilogy had 'open world' (large area) bits for large action sections which mixed nicely with the claustrophobic corridors and tight terrain sections.

A mature Halo would be very cool to see. Kind of like a gritty battlefield.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I assume the idea is to ask the bought ones to do what some of the previously owned ones aren't capable to properly do.
I don't think the Halo Infinite team was incapable. They simply had poor management. The technical aspects of the game are adequate for an AAA game. The problem is simply Microsoft's management structure and personnel is completely unsuited for game development.

P

peter42O

The only big lingering complaint I have against the campaign is how they hand-waive the whole Cortana situation to set up a new narrative, that felt like a last minute tack-on to the game. But in terms of game play, mechanics and the sandbox open world mission structure, the campaign was faboo. Reminded me of how well Phantom Pain adopted MGS as an open world.

I didn't have any complaints with the campaign, story/characters, audio or combat/gameplay. Visually, I like the art style but the game needed to look much better than it did. I didn't like the open world stuff. It was just filler and not needed in my opinion. The combat/gameplay made up for it though. I will say that Halo Infinite was the first game I ever played in the franchise so I can't comment on the previous games. I do know that Halo 4 is the most impressive visuals wise so we know 343 is capable of having great visuals which I hope they concentrate on for next generation.

This would be good. OG Halo trilogy had 'open world' (large area) bits for large action sections which mixed nicely with the claustrophobic corridors and tight terrain sections.

A mature Halo would be very cool to see. Kind of like a gritty battlefield.

Infinite was the first Halo game I ever played so I can't comment on any of the previous games. I really enjoyed the campaign missions and the bounties/outposts was fine but it was just another open world type game and I would prefer a tighter more linear experience. The mature rated direction could be pretty good and would be something different than what it currently is.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I didn't have any complaints with the campaign, story/characters, audio or combat/gameplay. Visually, I like the art style but the game needed to look much better than it did. I didn't like the open world stuff. It was just filler and not needed in my opinion. The combat/gameplay made up for it though. I will say that Halo Infinite was the first game I ever played in the franchise so I can't comment on the previous games. I do know that Halo 4 is the most impressive visuals wise so we know 343 is capable of having great visuals which I hope they concentrate on for next generation,

I think everyone focuses on visuals too much. Infinite has, hands down, the best game play in the franchise. That holds as much, if not more, in terms of a games presentation.

• haha
Reactions: peter42O and Satoru