Hellblade 2 Preview Roundup & News |OT| Greenberg "BIG Hellblade II global and regional Marketing starts next week"

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024

Yeah... did they just give up and died inside after the recent shutdowns?

I know it's different teams and stuff, but come on Microsoft, advertise it lol

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Their internal projections are probably showing that this game is gonna disappoint in a major way in terms of actual sales, which is probably why they're not bothering with any marketing campaign. Last I checked HB2 pre order is ranked in the 200s on the steam sales list, which is awful for a game that is supposed to be a highly anticipated tentpole title for Xbox.

At the same time I'm sure we'll get some hyped up "players numbers" during launch week.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Worry not guys, I'm sure Hellblade 2 is going to be a break out hit for Microsoft and all Xbox gamers in all key measurements and expectations.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Yeah the advertising push was suppose to be this week but I see nothing or hype.
Yeah, Aaron said it all starts this week. The only thing that I have seen is that Ninja Theory has stuck to their "a tweet a day" leading up to the release. Twitter =/= most of the world. I see that the game is the main headliner at Xbox.com and on their console page. I hardly call that advertising.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Yeah the advertising push was suppose to be this week but I see nothing or hype.
Oh you didn't see they sent some influencers to Iceland to watch rocks and click pictures :ROFLMAO: . Twitter has many pics of iceland rocks

Drone Iceland GIF by AirVuz

BTW this is supposed to get you hype up for the release of a AAA video game

Reactions: JAHGamer

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Oh you didn't see they sent some influencers to Iceland to watch rocks and click pictures :ROFLMAO: . Twitter has many pics of iceland rocks

Drone Iceland GIF by AirVuz

BTW this is supposed to get you hype up for the release of a AAA video game
It's always funny seeing you PS players shit on anything that isn't PS. You know nothing about the game, no reason to berate it, you aren't going to play it anyway, leave it in peace?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Doesn't make sense. If the game is going to fail, the least you can do is advertise it. It's already made, money is spent already.
Xbox leaders are awful at their jobs , but even they understand the sunk cost fallacy when it's staring them in the face. The fact that all they've released from this game are graphics tech demo videos suggest to me there is nothing to showcase in terms of game play because it'll be similar to the first game (glorified Infinity Blade) but in UE5. It's obvious they have no hopium around this game, so why should we?

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Xbox leaders are awful at their jobs , but even they understand the sunk cost fallacy when it's staring them in the face. The fact that all they've released from this game are graphics tech demo videos suggest to me there is nothing to showcase in terms of game play because it'll be similar to the first game (glorified Infinity Blade) but in UE5. It's obvious they have no hopium around this game, so why should we?
Did you play the first one?

And speaking of costs, it costs infinitely more to make it than to market it. It would be smart to spend a bit more in the hope of increasing awareness so the game sells more. The problem is people don't even know it's coming in 10~ days, I'm not asking for a big campaign of ads or whatever. But some tweets, youtube vids, etc.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

And speaking of costs, it costs infinitely more to make it than to market it. It would be smart to spend a bit more in the hope of increasing awareness so the game sells more. The problem is people don't even know it's coming in 10~ days, I'm not asking for a big campaign of ads or whatever. But some tweets, youtube vids, etc.
The first one is one of the most boring games of all time. This game looks equally boring, why waste marketing dollars on something that isn't gonna make money? It's hardly even an action game. "why no marketing" makes zero sense. Would you give up a big some of money on something that likely won't make you much return? I don't blame MS at all. They need to focus on Cod, Overwatch, Candy crush, ES6, fallout etc. Everything else is a waste of time and money and MS knows that.

So it's probably best you let this game flop gracefully. Pray steam sales carry, and he ps5 port helps, but it'll flop regardless.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024

Yes I did. The story was interesting, and the audio features were novel, but in all intents and purposes it was a walking simulator with a rudimentary combat system that reminded me a lot of playing infinity blade on my iPhone 5.

It's not going to make much money in terms of unit sales regardless of how they market it. Why sink more money on it? Xbox knows by now! If you're on PC or Xbox, you can literally sign up for Gamepass trial and beat the game in 1-2 days/sittings because it'll be 7-10 hours long. I'm even more confident that it'll hit PS5 very soon because Booty and Spencer know that they'll actually be able to make a decent return because PS5 players buy games.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
It's always funny seeing you PS players shit on anything that isn't PS. You know nothing about the game, no reason to berate it, you aren't going to play it anyway, leave it in peace?
Yeah even I working in oil and gas realize that flying influencers to Iceland to click pictures of rocks is not how you market a video game but sure call it ps fans berating it 🤡 . Don't bother replying I will lose IQ points debating anything with you

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Yes I did. The story was interesting, and the audio features were novel, but in all intents and purposes it was a walking simulator with a rudimentary combat system that reminded me a lot of playing infinity blade on my iPhone 5.

It's not going to make much money in terms of unit sales regardless of how they market it. Why sink more money on it? Xbox knows by now! If you're on PC or Xbox, you can literally sign up for Gamepass trial and beat the game in 1-2 days/sittings because it'll be 7-10 hours long. I'm even more confident that it'll hit PS5 very soon because Booty and Spencer know that they'll actually be able to make a decent return because PS5 players buy games.
Honestly, fuck gamepass.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Yeah even I working in oil and gas realize that flying influencers to Iceland to click pictures of rocks is not how you market a video game but sure call it ps fans berating it 🤡 . Don't bother replying I will lose IQ points debating anything with you
You call what you saw debating? lol