Hellblade 2 Preview Roundup & News |OT| Greenberg "BIG Hellblade II global and regional Marketing starts next week"

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Unfortunately, Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Double Fine and The Initiative are under threat, as they are the weakest studios and depend on immediate success. Hellblade 2 will decide the fate of Ninja Theory and yet Microsoft has no decent marketing for the game

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
too bad for them i just cancelled my Game Pass yesterday and won't be playing this until it hits like $10 on Steam, which probably won't take too long lol

Reactions: Gamernyc78

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
too bad for them i just cancelled my Game Pass yesterday and won't be playing this until it hits like $10 on Steam, which probably won't take too long lol
just create a new microsoft account and sign up for the $1 trial when it's released. It's an 8 hour game so you'll finish it in a few sessions.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
sneakerso.png

So, he heard from some review outlets that game isn't that great??

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
View attachment 4858
Some previews have been posted previously but more are sure to come. Will update as necessary.

Senua's Saga: Hellblade II is an upcoming action-adventure game developed by Ninja Theory and published by Xbox Game Studios. The game is the sequel to Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. It is scheduled to release for Windows and Xbox Series X/S on 21 May 2024.

IGN | “Hellblade 2 is Shaping Up to Be Another Beautiful Nighmare 8

Per Simon Cardy 8 over at IGN, “Its ambitious narrative and accomplished cinematic framing far outweigh whatever shortcomings may be hidden underneath, and the incredible technology powering its beautifully ugly world is a sight to behold. It’s all shaping up to be another riveting, haunting, and uncompromisingly immersive nightmare of both Senua’s and Ninja Theory’s creation, and one I can’t wait to both enter, and escape, later this year.”

GamesRadar | “6 years after its acquisition, Ninja Theory is ready to set a new standard for Xbox Series X exclusives” 3

Per Josh West 3 over at Gamesradar, “From what I’ve played of Hellblade 2, it’s clearly on track to be one of the most important exclusives that the platform has hosted this generation. Not only is it a fluid and responsive action-adventure game, boasting best-in-class visual fidelity, it’s also an experience with something meaningful to convey.”

Gamespot | “Hellblade 2’s Combat Looks Beautiful And Feels Badass 2“​

Per Jordan Ramée via Gamespot – “Truly, May cannot come soon enough. I can’t remember the last time a game preview left me so excited to dive into the full experience. Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II is set to launch for Xbox Series X|S and PC on May 21 and will be available day one on Xbox Game Pass.”

Polygon | “Hellblade 2 will finally show us what an Unreal Engine 5 game can do 5“​

Per Oli Welsh over at Polygon, “There’s no doubting the craft on display, or the immersive sense of presence this game has. It may be a sequel, but it feels like the start of something — like a true next-gen experience should.”

Also..

Shouod be alot of previews coming in next week bcus they are making a big push.

Update 5/4

• Hellblade 2 is an upcoming cinematic narrative adventure from Ninja Theory.
  • The game will launch initially on Xbox consoles and Windows PC, as a digital-only release.
  • The game sports cutting-edge visual techniques and sound design, and will support ultrawide monitors.
  • However, it seems that the ultrawide aspect ratio will be the default, resulting in cinematic film bars on regular widescreen displays.

Never seen such BIG global & regional marketing plans 🤣

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
sneakerso.png

So, he heard from some review outlets that game isn't that great??

Anyone who has played the first game knows that it's very bare bones gameplay wise and It's a heavily narrative driven game. This suggests to me that they didn't really innovate the gameplay or story compared to pt. 1. It's a shame that they decided to spend most of the 7+ year development time only on graphics. I don't think it's a coincidence that Xbox has been pushing only the graphical aspect of HB2 in it's limited previews.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Was the Xbox marketing team let go, too? For Xbox, releasing a game is such an outstanding event that they should be celebrating and screaming to the heavens.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Was the Xbox marketing team let go, too? For Xbox, releasing a game is such an outstanding event that they should be celebrating and screaming to the heavens.
Most likely don't want to invest money into marketing a game that's not going to make much money seen as it's Xbox console exclusive & on Xbox & pc gamepass day 1 they won't even come close to covering the cost of development with this lol

Reactions: Entropi