Hellblade 2 runs at 30 fps with dynamic resolution on both Xbox Series S and Series X | Previews for the Game are Up

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
For me if 60fps mode is a PS360 Vaseline then I go for 30 fps. This is always true if the 60 fps mode is very unstable and always drops toid 40s.

Not every developer is as good as Blupoint. Demon's Souls 1440p mode looked exactly the same as the native 4k image. The 60 fps mode was like a magical upgrade that compromised nothing.
You could tell the difference between perf mode and 4k mode in DSR but perf mode already looked so good that the additional motion clarity in 60fps made it far superior

Reactions: xollowsob

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I think the previews are overselling the game as more than what it's going to actually be. Same length as the first one and the combat continues to look identical to the first where there doesn't seem to be much depth so you're getting a pretty straight forward simplified combat system. Could see this scoring around the same scores that the first one got. Also, the graphics does look good but then again it's Unreal 5 and I was very impressed with the UE5 tech demo a few years back. I expect a lot of the well known big 3rd party AAA studios that will be using UE5 to have their games looking similar to Hellblade 2.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
I still can't understand how this game is so graphically demanding or impressive. There is so little going on in each scene, and the field of view is so narrow. Moreover, the environments are so sparse, and there are so few characters and NPCs on screen

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
yeah 4 years ago. it can't do that now. Consoles can only do so much. budget devices. playstation 5 also advertised 4k 60 fps. but its not even a stable 60 fps nor is it real 4k.
it couldn't do it on release.
PS5 never advertised as 4k60fps. xbox done it.

we have xbots and greenberg tweets.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I still can't understand how this game is so graphically demanding or impressive. There is so little going on in each scene, and the field of view is so narrow. Moreover, the environments are so sparse, and there are so few characters and NPCs on screen
Xbots never had a game like this with impressive graphics so to them seen a single high quality model on screen at 30 fps blows their mind.

Forget that it's a small scale game, short, with limited gameplay, a sequel to a game nobody cared about, yet this is what they waited since 2019 for.

Last edited: