Helldivers 2 a PlayStation & Sony own ip is having Steam exclusive cosmetics for 2 days!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I used to watch the development streams for Warframe; they gave you free in-game loot for watching for 30 minutes.

Fucking bastards!

24 Jun 2022
You're getting it two days later. Are you really losing sleep over this? Come on, dude. FFS, man.

It's the principal of the matter. Despite PlayStation being SIE's priority (supposedly), they're giving players on a 3P platform (who balked so loudly at forced PSN integration that SIE capitulated in the span of 48 hours) exclusive perks ahead of their PlayStation customers.

You know, the same customers who have to pay for online access to the game in the first place (and pay more on average for a copy of the game). It's a small-but-not-ignorable case of "talk one thing, do something else" when it comes to making the console owner the priority. It's a slippery slope Microsoft have fully fallen down into and are facing the consequences of.

We point this type of stuff out with PlayStation (some of us, anyway), because we don't want to see SIE go down that same slippery slope. Because despite popular rhetoric, they aren't immune to consequences from bad business practices. And this multiplatform strategy is creating a lot of landmines for SIE to navigate around that could've been avoided if they just fully put support behind their own console.

Ok no more confusion.
From they own FAQ.

The early access is just for Steam users that watched their streaming for at least 10 minutes... the streaming will be in loop for 24 hours.
The early access delivery will start 48 hours before it is available to everybody but keep in mind that there will be delay so not everybody will get it 48 hours before... depending of how much demand has it can even be delivered together with everybody lol

Twitch is on PS5 tho. So I don't see why the perks couldn't also be provided 48 hours ahead for PS5 console owners in addition to Steam users. If it's just something Valve is doing (I doubt it), they'd have to of gotten permission from SIE. If it's just something Twitch is doing, they'd still of needed to get permission from SIE, ultimately.

Meaning no matter which angle, SIE'd of known of designated platforms, noticed PS5 wasn't included, and OK'd it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Twitch is on PS5 tho. So I don't see why the perks couldn't also be provided 48 hours ahead for PS5 console owners in addition to Steam users. If it's just something Valve is doing (I doubt it), they'd have to of gotten permission from SIE. If it's just something Twitch is doing, they'd still of needed to get permission from SIE, ultimately.

Meaning no matter which angle, SIE'd of known of designated platforms, noticed PS5 wasn't included, and OK'd it.
The question is…

Can Sony track which PSN account is watching Twitch?
Can they sent items to PSN account or do they need to create a redeem code as a Store DLC?

Maybe it is not that easy to do these give away like they are done on Steam 🤷‍♂️

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
PC is Arrowhead’s primary and most important platform. What is SIE going to do? HD2 is Sony’s only successful multiplayer-only game, so AH has them by the balls.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Lol it's not that deep though 🤣
If it was a steam exclusive id understand. It's just a perk for people watching a stream
Its not deep till PS makes a game specifically for PC like Xbox does.

It’s not deep till there’s actually full exclusive cosmetic & benefits on Steam & Nintendo & not PS.

Hear yourself. You’re ok with PS offering exclusive benefits for Valve/Steam users & not PS users. We live in a world where this is seen fine. Just a couple years people where against PS games being ported to PC. Soon PS will release all games to PC day n date & it will be “fine” because it’s exclusive to the PC launcher even if you can buy Valve/Steams own hardware the Steamdeck & download the PS PC launcher & play PS games on PC through Steamdeck.

It’s not deep but if it was Xbox same people will be saying how bad Xbox as a platform is & how Xbox & MS don’t care about there console users.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
PC is Arrowhead’s primary and most important platform. What is SIE going to do? HD2 is Sony’s only successful multiplayer-only game, so AH has them by the balls.
AH doesn’t have Sony by the balls 💀 it’s a Sony own ip that’s already made its money + more. AH could be replace leaving AH w nothing

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Its for every platform, close the thread @Sircaw @Gamernyc78

Or send it to doom and gloom
Close the thread for what exactly? Did you not read the title?

Steam has 2 days exclusivity for cosmetics while PS users get no benefit. PS treating Valve/Steam user better w benefits for its own Sony own multiplayer games then benefiting PS users on console. The definite way to play HD2 is on PC since they’ll likely be more benefits/bonuses for playing HD2 on the PC/Steam platform then PS.

Guess will see exclusive benefits for Steam user in the future with Horizon online & Fairgames. To bad for PS user looks like you should’ve gotten a PC to get all benefits of playing PS games + at a cheaper price. PS own platform is more expensive then there competitors with there own games

Reactions: Puff
OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I used to watch the development streams for Warframe; they gave you free in-game loot for watching for 30 minutes.

Fucking bastards!
Warframe isn’t owned by a platform holder also in the case for Helldivers 2 only Steam users gets 2 day early access benefits for watching the stream PS users who watch have to wait & don’t get any benefits even thoe HD2 is owned by Sony a platform holder. PC is the best place to play PS games & at a cheaper price + exclusive benefits that even PS users don’t get for free all while PS users pay $80 for online/“benefits”

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Guess will see exclusive benefits for Steam user in the future with Horizon online & Fairgames. To bad for PS user looks like you should’ve gotten a PC to get all benefits of playing PS games + at a cheaper price. PS own platform is more expensive then there competitors with there own games
wow-monkey.gif

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I don't see the point on crying because a cosmetic that everybody will get for free in both platforms some users in one of the platform may get it up to 48h before if they watch a stream.

Specially when it isn't possible to detect and give rewards users from the other platform who watch a stream.

Can they sent items to PSN account or do they need to create a redeem code as a Store DLC?
I only saw Twitch integration in PC games, not sure if possible in consoles but I'd bet 99% that isn't allowed due to security issues.

Console platform holders are very conservative regarding who can code stuff for their games (only authorized/approved devs) and what can be connected to them.

On top of that, the apps themselves like Twitch on console or smartvs are more lightweight regarding features and -at least last time I checked- don't support some stuff like in this case drops.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
The question is…

Maybe it is not that easy to do these give away like they are done on Steam 🤷‍♂️

If it's so complicated then that's Sony's problem to fix, and it'd be just yet another example of them not making their own network more competitive with platforms like Steam.

But if a lot of PlayStation fans just accept things as-is because Xbox isn't involved, on some level I can't blame Sony/SIE for not implementing stuff other gaming platforms have had for years.

I don't see the point on crying because a cosmetic that everybody will get for free in both platforms some users in one of the platform may get it up to 48h before if they watch a stream.

Specially when it isn't possible to detect and give rewards users from the other platform who watch a stream.

Again it's the principal of the matter. It starts with something like this, then snowballs into bigger & bigger things before console players are left asking if they're 2nd-class citizens in the ecosystem.

You call attention to things like this now, you can get the platform holder to nip it in the bud before it grows into a larger problem. If Steam gamers were the main breadwinners in the PlayStation ecosystem I'd see things like a 48-hour exclusive HD2 perk making sense. But they aren't, not by a long shot.

Reactions: Kokoloko and Puff

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Warframe isn’t owned by a platform holder also in the case for Helldivers 2 only Steam users gets 2 day early access benefits for watching the stream PS users who watch have to wait & don’t get any benefits even thoe HD2 is owned by Sony a platform holder. PC is the best place to play PS games & at a cheaper price + exclusive benefits that even PS users don’t get for free all while PS users pay $80 for online/“benefits”
The point is that everyone gets them;

Two days, two days, that's all you have to wait.

And to get upset over shiny cosmetics that the vast majority will not even wear just seems crazy to me.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Why are the usual suspects concerned about this?

Isn’t Helldivers 2 a GaaS game?

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Doesn't matter arrowhead lost me as a customer due to their amateur hour clownery from launch till now, next time I won't buy their shit and discourage my brothers and friends as well. This studio is going to be a one hit wonder most probably with how they function anyways
Except that they already have 2 hits. You fail.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
What did i hear it called lately ? It’s like some manufactured “concern drama” that is nothing more than trolling and controlled opposition cult of personality bs. It’s sorta like virtue signaling and of course just as disengenous.

I

Reactions: The Icon