HELLDIVERS 2 now can not be purchased from multiple countries on Steam.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
What should have been done from the start?

image.png

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
good. I really hope Sony don't reverse course. Steamers need to play ball otherwise Sony need to pull all their games off the platform stat. Fuck bending the knee, because if they do, say goodbye to their whole console business as well.

edit: I just realised I may have coined a new term: "Steamers". Has an air of "steaming pile of shit" to it. I love it.

OP
OP
Yuniac

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
So Sony finally gets a gaas service hit by dumb luck and managed to kill it by greed in less than 2 months ?
It was impressive how successful and nice Helldivers 2 was. Everyone loved it, everyone was having a good time, it took over the internet when it was first released. Made so much money too no doubt.

Sony, you did not have to do this.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Steam cannot push updates to games or limit things as they wish. AFAIK. Steam didn't do anything.
It is posted on ERA, and AFAIK they truly believe Valve did this. Also, it just makes few minutes to make an PSN account. Easy peasy
You can create a PSN acc. no matter what country you are in, you just have to link it to a different countries address if PSN isn't available in your country.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
PC gamers: "Sony shouldnt have sold the game in regions where PSN is not supported!"

Sony stops selling game in unsupported regions

PC gamers: "Fuck Sony!"

Should have just shut the fuck up and made an account in another region like everyone always has to connect to PSN

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Should have just shut the fuck up and made an account in another region like everyone always has to connect to PSN

That loophole is second nature by playstation gamers, not PC gamers. You are not supposed to create an account outside of your country of residence. If Sony hasn't cared until now that's their problem, but it is against the TOS and they can backpedal whenever they see fit.

At first I thought the issue simply was "PC gamers don't want to create a PSN account out of spite because muh PCMR" but this does not seem to be the case for many.

Sony is idiotic enough to not have PSN officially in countries where they sell HW. Some big countries like Egypt for example. They should up their game if they want to reach new audiences.

Last edited:

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
That loophole is second nature by playstation gamers, not PC gamers. You are not supposed to create an account outside of your country of residence. If Sony hasn't cared until now that's their problem, but it is against the TOS and they can backpedal whenever they see fit.

At first I thought the issue simply was "PC gamers don't want to create a PSN account out of spite because muh PCMR" but this does not seem to be the case for many.

Sony is idiotic enough to not have PSN officially in countries where they sell HW. Some big countries like Egypt for example. They should up their game if they want to reach new audiences.
Millions have done it for nearly two decades... Sony simply doesn't give a shit.

Ive been trying to explain this to PC gamers for the last two days but they care more about being outrages then using actual reason and doing simple steps because they hate Sony and dont want the icky playstation account on their master race machines.

A small fraction of these people live in these regions

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It is posted on ERA, and AFAIK they truly believe Valve did this. Also, it just makes few minutes to make an PSN account. Easy peasy
You can create a PSN acc. no matter what country you are in, you just have to link it to a different countries address if PSN isn't available in your country.

Everybody knows you can create a PSN account easily. It's not about that. PC gamers don't want anything to do with PlayStation, not even an account link. They can't admit to themselves they are playing and enjoying Sony games.

It's all platform wars.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What a bunch of bullshit. PC gamers are the ones with the most accounts, using VPNs, fake names, fake postal codes, bypassing every law, using bots, cheats and piracy to circumvent every protection.

You're gonna make us believe you are too honest to choose another region on a fucking PSN account. You should be ashamed to even type that.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
What a bunch of bullshit. PC gamers are the ones with the most accounts, using VPNs, fake names, fake postal codes, bypassing every law, using bots, cheats and piracy to circumvent every protection.
Within the PC ecosystem they (we) know. Not the PS one lots aren't familiar with. Specially console platform holders that are pretty trigger happy with restricting content, closing stores and stuff.

I don't understand why Sony users are so pissed when this matter is not of their incumbance though. This is between PC gamers, Sony and Steam.

I don't expect any console gamer to check PC gaming wiki for the quality or potential issues with a PC port when. They are new to the platform. Or to run RTSS for perfect frame pacing.It's second nature for a PC gamer.

Just as it is for console gamers to create an account in another country to circumvent mom and pop store Sony lack of online global presence in 2024.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Within the PC ecosystem they (we) know. Not the PS one lots aren't familiar with. Specially console platform holders that are pretty trigger happy with restricting content, closing stores and stuff.

I don't understand why Sony users are so pissed when this matter is not of their incumbance though. This is between PC gamers, Sony and Steam.

I don't expect any console gamer to check PC gaming wiki for the quality or potential issues with a PC port when. They are new to the platform. Or to run RTSS for perfect frame pacing.It's second nature for a PC gamer.

Just as it is for console gamers to create an account in another country to circumvent mom and pop store Sony lack of online global presence in 2024.
I'm sure you use your real name and residence to buy keys on Eneba, Kinguin, Gamivo. Tons of guides online to know how to bypass regional prices to get cheaper games.

Thousands of people used VPNs to get cheap Gamepass with throwaway accounts in Turkey and Argentina. Even games like BG3 are cheap on gamivo.

This is known since forever. Keep your lies to yourself.