Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yup! A stress test beta would have been great and I guess they are now hesitant to really touch the code to avoid breaking stuff or having the game go offline which would hurt momentum.

As for Azure I can only assume they went with them because they were cheaper but Sony should def avoid Azure in the future their infrastructure isn't even the best.
Funny thing is I play on PC where they have been patching and fixing things way faster than for PS5 players, which is ironic for a Sony game. The point of the $4 billion bungie purchase was for their networking/live service knowledge, seems they weren't even good for that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko and Danja
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yup! A stress test beta would have been great and I guess they are now hesitant to really touch the code to avoid breaking stuff or having the game go offline which would hurt momentum.

As for Azure I can only assume they went with them because they were cheaper but Sony should def avoid Azure in the future their infrastructure isn't even the best.
Sony won't avoid them because they entered into a agreement to use Azure years ago it was all over the news.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Funny thing is I play on PC where they have been patching and fixing things way faster than for PS5 players, which is ironic for a Sony game. The point of the $4 billion bungie purchase was for their networking/live service knowledge, seems they weren't even good for that.
With how their GaaS plans spectacularly crumbled I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled back on the authority they initially allowed Bungie especially with them not having their house in order.

Still think without Bungie they can still get assistance from Naughty Dog, they're pretty good at this stuff.

Reactions: nongkris

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Sony won't avoid them because they entered into a agreement to use Azure years ago it was all over the news.
I thought that was a letter of intent and not an actual agreement. But either way it's baffling they wouldn't stick with AWS... But the CEO is a hack... So I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I thought that was a letter of intent and not an actual agreement. But either way it's baffling they wouldn't stick with AWS... But the CEO is a hack... So I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
Well initially yes and idk of we heard more but I assumed they contractually did. Who knows.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well initially yes and idk of we heard more but I assumed they contractually did. Who knows.
I knew they used Azure for Crunchyroll but I had hope everything fell apart after internally the company was not happy about the CEO meeting with Microsoft behind everyone's backs.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think we are heading into a 300k+ CCU this weekend. They need to get ready because this is lightning in a bottle/once in a lifetime opportunity for them.

There are a lot more people playing Helldivers right now than COD (145k vs 95k).

The COD Killer

Video Game Fire GIF by Naughty Dog

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think we are heading into a 300k+ CCU this weekend. They need to get ready because this is lightning in a bottle/once in a lifetime opportunity for them.

There are a lot more people playing Helldivers right now than COD (145k vs 95k).

The COD Killer

Video Game Fire GIF by Naughty Dog
Yeah!!!

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Yeah, it's even a 3 day weekend for the US. Don't know what the exact number, but we're clearly setting up for a big jump on Saturday/Sunday and depending on WoM, could even see continued growth or lack of decline on Monday.

Today's patch had this in it:

For this patch, we have focused on the following areas:

Improved general game stability
Prepared build for upcoming server matchmaking improvements.
Resolving connectivity and disconnect issues.

They've got tomorrow and/or until the afternoon to get that 2nd part as functional as possible ready for prime time.

Helldivers 2 has slowed down a little bit in sales on Steam.
The base game is still #1 but the Super Citizen is down from #3-4 to #8 which would suggest a bit less people jumping in.

Numbers are still very strong for a Wednesday, it's trending to be just a couple thousand CCUs below yesterday which was the all time peak(so far). That's very good and a fairly minimal day to day drop.

• Informative

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
US is still at work and the peak is already at 193k 🤯
Are we going to 250k tonight?

It's a strong possibility for sure.

Also the game is still #1 and the Deluxe Edition is #2, usually at this time and into the US it was #3 most of the time, but I guess that CS2's newest update revenue is slowing down.

Game just keeps on selling(#1 and #2 in CA/US).
This being very US/NA centric means that the average sales price on Steam is likely much higher than most releases which can have sometime have a very large amount of copies sold from countries where the regional pricing just makes them worth much less in USD. The game is making bank, even with the reduced price point.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's a strong possibility for sure.

Also the game is still #1 and the Deluxe Edition is #2, usually at this time and into the US it was #3 most of the time, but I guess that CS2's newest update revenue is slowing down.

Game just keeps on selling(#1 and #2 in CA/US).
This being very US/NA centric means that the average sales price on Steam is likely much higher than most releases which can have sometime have a very large amount of copies sold from countries where the regional pricing just makes them worth much less in USD. The game is making bank, even with the reduced price point.
Thts why they getting more devs :)

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Excellent! This beating Halo Infinite, which is very well might over the weekend, would be great.

It's guarantee at this point to hit a 235k CCU, and quite likely for 240k and it's Thursday.
Friday always sees a bump and then the Saturday/Sunday bump will tremendous.
It would require a major catastrophe with the servers or something of that amplitude to prevent it from passing Halo Infinite.

They're being pretty active as far as SteamDB is concerned: https://steamdb.info/app/553850/history/
So I expect a patch tomorrow morning, hopefully it's a big one that will totally or mostly fix the issues with login/matchmaking issues and doesn't bork something else in the process like some of the patches they've introduced.

• fire

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's guarantee at this point to hit a 235k CCU, and quite likely for 240k and it's Thursday.
Friday always sees a bump and then the Saturday/Sunday bump will tremendous.
It would require a major catastrophe with the servers or something of that amplitude to prevent it from passing Halo Infinite.

They're being pretty active as far as SteamDB is concerned: https://steamdb.info/app/553850/history/
So I expect a patch tomorrow morning, hopefully it's a big one that will totally or mostly fix the issues with login/matchmaking issues and doesn't bork something else in the process like some of the patches they've introduced.
I wouldn't expect it. Might take weeks to totally fix, there's a lot of shit that didn't get picked up in QA probably due to the tremendous volume of gameplay