Helldivers 2 passed Destiny 2 all time CCU count. Top Seller all around on Steam |UP|Beats Dragon’s Dogma 2 to Reclaim #1 spot on Steam.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Since this is selling well on both PC and PS5 being released at the same time, Sony won't be worried about releasing games at the same time on borh platforms.

Sony, and other respectful studios like Rockstar, don't release day and date on PC because that is destructive to their revenue with many thieves (AKA PiRaTeS) that would crack their games and would slow down their sales. GaaS is usually safe from that because you need to be online 100% all the time so yeah they would continue to release GaaS day one on PC. Most PC gamers celebrate theft.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
It's been at #1 global steam sellers for like a month straight. You can't tell me this didn't sell at least 5m on pc alone
U re realy, realy overestimating pc, steam sales. When everyo1 was talking how it sold 6,8 million, dev said its around 3 overall.

majority of third party games sell 2-4 m lt on pc. Big things like elden , cyberpunk sell 5-7 depending on sales etc.

Without consoles industry would crash.

Being online helps a lot helldivers. Single player sony stuff wont sell any big numbers on pc.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
U re realy, realy overestimating pc, steam sales. When everyo1 was talking how it sold 6,8 million, dev said its around 3 overall.

majority of third party games sell 2-4 m lt on pc. Big things like elden , cyberpunk sell 5-7 depending on sales etc.

Being online helps a lot helldivers. Single player sony stuff wont sell any big numbers on pc.
They didn't say, they just agreed with number as minimum. If you look at engagement numbers, no way it sold just 3M as they peaking near 800k-900k, so it is unrealistic that every 3rd or 4th buyer plays it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

Yup I resisted their outrageous predictions meanwhile was the only close estimate at the time in the previous discussion about sales.

Whatever multipliers they’re using as estimates is bogus. And on top of it… this is a hard one to track. Engagement is not the same across all games or for the same reasons. And the server nonsense did bloat steam numbers. It could be still growing and our original data was just that borked.

I’m leaning towards 5 million across both platforms at the moment. It could be as high as 7 too. This is just a guess of course. I used to subscribe to similar methods as Yurinka would’ve in the past to ballpark stuff like this but Helldivers has shown me you can throw such models in the trash.

It’s also number one on ps store and ff7 is 3. Which is huge. I don’t see as many people playing ff7 currently as I did 16 at launch. This season has a varied range of new releases that found audiences. I’m curious about that one too since I expect ff7 to blow away ff16.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

you read a lot into when he used emojis.

"☝️👀" doesn't mean "it's at 3 million sales"

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
He agreed to someone menttioning minimum almost 3M on PC, and when people were estimating 6M+.

And did it with an emoji of a finger pointing up, maybe saying it was above that.

As of now, Helldivers 2 has 227.8K Steam user reviews, which indicates in a rough estimate of around 5.6M on PC, maybe a bit less because of early server issues. Meaning, the game should be now close to or around 10M units.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
GIKOTxCXsAEzkpO

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Anyway fuck the politics let's quickly move on from tht lol this Gane is to good to even pay attention to that bs.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem