Helldivers 2 - PlayStation 5/PC - The Digital Foundry Tech Review

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Helldivers is $40, but also has a ton of in-game transactions. I've got a PS5. I bought the Steam version. My save is in the cloud. Why do I have to pay another $40 to play the same game on my PS5? Why can't I carry my in-game purchases with my account on either/any platform?
Then ask for Cross Save? Which I wouldn't be against.

Asking for Cross Buy from a First Party Game on a Platform that they have to pay to publish their games is again silly?

You're asking for a one price fits all? So Sony makes one sale through Cross Buy ... But they now have to give up 30% of all sales? Again how does this make sense? 💀

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Helldivers is $40, but also has a ton of in-game transactions. I've got a PS5. I bought the Steam version. My save is in the cloud. Why do I have to pay another $40 to play the same game on my PS5? Why can't I carry my in-game purchases with my account on either/any platform?
Not only you are a port beggar, you're also entitled as hell.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Tons of in-game mtx? There's barely anything to buy and it's cheap as fuck. The CEO already said they are working on adding cross-save eventually.

As for the rest, Sony finally gives you Day 1 on PC and you want a free copy on PS5 too? Fuck PC gamers. Never satisfied about anything and they always ask for more.

is it financially illiterate that a steam game works on handheld and tv and laptop and desktop and streaming?
It is the same on PS5 with remote play on mobile and on PS Portal and streaming with PS+? That's cross-platform too.

• Shake
Reactions: Umar and Danja1187

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
As for the rest, Sony finally gives you Day 1 on PC and you want a free copy on PS5 too? Fuck PC gamers. Never satisfied about anything and they always ask for more.
Insane hostility. I said I own a PS5. If I bought the PS5 version, I'd want the Steam version. I guess I'm never satisfied either way. It's unfortunate that Steam wins out since it gets me playing the most ways and my PS5 is unused.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Some Console players are so used to being gangbanged and bukkaked by platform holders that they just can't see it (see Nintendo)
Whipped Cream Pie GIF by Amazon Studios

Picture of @Lord Mittens after partying up with @Gamernyc78. @Bo_Hazem and @Satoru

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: flaccidsnake

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Right.

As pleased as I am by the fact that straw man arguments used in bad faith, dishonesty and hipocrisy rightly get called out in here, there is the unfortunate side effect of report tool abuse. Let's resist that temptation, shall we?

And while we're at it, maybe get back on topic?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Right.

As pleased as I am by the fact that straw man arguments used in bad faith, dishonesty and hipocrisy rightly get called out in here, there is the unfortunate side effect of report tool abuse. Let's resist that temptation, shall we?

Wtf? I thought my post was done in good faith; the only victim there is @Lord Mittens, and let's be honest, he likes that kinda thing.

sorry 🙁 🐟🐡🐠🦈🦐

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Right.

I changed shut the fuck up to open your eyes so they stop reporting me 🤭

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The mistake is you think the platform is the important thing here. The actual important thing is the game itself.
I have almost 2,000 games on Steam. I NEVER expected to get free copies on GOG because I bought them on Steam. Where is that crazy expectation from Sony coming from?

Is Take2 giving away GTA on every platform because you bought it once in the PS3 gen?

It's like Sony is not allowed to make money, people literally get pissed when they have a hit. They demand they make it free because it's selling too much.

Valve makes no software at all, they give you nothing for all this weird devotion. At least Sony is still making games people enjoy.

Where's my free Half-Life 3? And I want it on PS5 too.

Reactions: Johnic