Helldivers 2 - PlayStation 5/PC - The Digital Foundry Tech Review

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It would be great if they could get a 40fps VRR-friendly mode in there.
I think studios should all do what Insomniac does. 30fps mode capped. 60fps mode. 40fps/VRR. Uncapped mode and whatever else is needed. I think it was Ratchet and Clank or Horizon I was gettting 90?fps with vrr mode. I cant remember too well

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
you buy a game on Steam and it keeps getting better. this is normal. you don't keep double dipping to play the same game at a higher resolution.

He means, if you buy a game from Capcom or Activision on console. You dont get another copy on Steam.

Does MS let give you a copy of there game on Steam if you buy it on the Xbox?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
confused jim carey GIF

You're worse than a bot. I don't even think you understand where you're going with this.
That Gif always gets me a lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The mistake is you think the platform is the important thing here. The actual important thing is the game itself.
TIL that when I buy an album on CD, I'm entitled to a copy on vinyl and cassette from a different publisher as well.

I'm sure the Swifties will be glad to know that purchasing any of her albums will entitle them to attend her concerts for free because they already bought that music.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
@Nhomnhom @flaccidsnake I agree Sony should offer cross buy, and they should partner up with Epic to get it done so they don't lose 30%, maybe 10%😄 that with some aggressive DRM. It would at least make their PC initiative make a bit of sense since it brings some real competition to Steam who are now their biggest threat. It's 3 birds with 1 stone.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why can't this board have normal people. So many freaks I can't 🤦‍♂️
Lol, Im defo one of them.

Last few weeks Ive noticed more and more, online whether its forums, reddit, twitter, instagram. You cant do or say anything without someone having an issue.
Literally saw a video of someone feeding a stray cat and someone wrote a paragraph complaining about something about it. Like a whole fucking paragraph. Its just impossible.

Social media to some extent is a huge issue and mistake for humanity. I can understand having knowledge in the palm of your hand and news is great. Having fun and talking about your hobbies too, but the downside is so many arguementative people.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
TIL that when I buy an album on CD, I'm entitled to a copy on vinyl and cassette from a different publisher as well.

I'm sure the Swifties will be glad to know that purchasing any of her albums will entitle them to attend her concerts for free because they already bought that music.
Wait, you want to tell me you don't get exclusive access to that artist if you buy a CD from them?

There goes my plan of buying the next Shakira album and let me tell all the truths from her hips at my place 😭

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'll give you guys some more time to decide whether you are even interested in discussing the thread topic before closing it.

I see some interesting tangent discussions here that probably deserve their own threads.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'll give you guys some more time to decide whether you are even interested in discussing the thread topic before closing it.

I see some interesting tangent discussions here that probably deserve their own threads.
There should be no closing but thread ban if they are talking off topic as this is a DF Tech thread. There is actually an epic store thread so idk why they are discussing tht here, I shall move their posts there.

@JAHGamer @Nhomnhom take this to the Epic thread and stop derailing, thnks

If it continues we will remove you from this thread, thnks.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
they should
No they shouldn't.

Some games need a Remake or Remaster or a port, sure, but honestly most just need the fucking BC floodgates to be opened fully, and to then stop stranding digital game/movie purchases.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
On the topic of Hellddivers 2, if I can afford the game next month, on PS5, anyone wanna play train the n00b with me? The amount of onscreen UI looks intimidating on the closer look. Not the greatest at shooting, but if there's skills and perks to help with different team based activities and not rigid classes that dictate playstyle, i'll get the hang of things.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
No they shouldn't.

Some games need a Remake or Remaster or a port, sure, but honestly most just need the fucking BC floodgates to be opened fully, and to then stop stranding digital game/movie purchases.
When you buy a PC game, it will get better over time with new hardware. You don't need a remaster because the difference between 720p medium settings to 4k ultra settings is the equivalent of a remaster. That is the standard, and to the extent that consoles fall below the standard, that sucks.

I'm not ruling out actual remakes like Demons' Souls or Last of Us pt 1 or Dead Space. Those actually offer something meaningfully new. No Rockstar re-release has delivered a comparable effort.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
When you buy a PC game, it will get better over time with new hardware. You don't need a remaster because the difference between 720p medium settings to 4k ultra settings is the equivalent of a remaster. That is the standard, and to the extent that consoles fall below the standard, that sucks.

I'm not ruling out actual remakes like Demons' Souls or Last of Us pt 1 or Dead Space. Those actually offer something meaningfully new. No Rockstar re-release has delivered a comparable effort.
This point and mods are why I've always been tempted to get a pc as well.

• thisistheway
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
On the topic of Hellddivers 2, if I can afford the game next month, on PS5, anyone wanna play train the n00b with me? The amount of onscreen UI looks intimidating on the closer look. Not the greatest at shooting, but if there's skills and perks to help with different team based activities and not rigid classes that dictate playstyle, i'll get the hang of things.

I’m not a big shooter/online guy, it’s easy to get into. It feels more like playing returnal than playing COD or fortnite