Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff and updates. |UP| "Escalation of Freedom" Announced, biggest update ever coming Aug. 6th.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
What is your favorite setup for bots after the patch? After going up to level twenty something in PS, I'm focusing on PC while my broken PS gets replaced so I'm level 15 now. I logged to check the names and saw we received the 45 medals from the order.

In recent days I was focused on bugs, now I'd like to focus in bots.

As of now I use:
  • SMG-37 Defender (plan to switch to SG-225IE Breaker Incendiary once I get 23 medals more)
  • P-19 Redeemer (fast and agile)
  • G-16 Impact (grenade that explodes on first impact)

• AX/LAS-5 "Guard dog" Rover (laser drone, good for low level nearby targets)
  • Laser Cannon (tested it last night and works great for long distance)
  • Gaitling Sentry (to be replaced by Orbital Laser once I get 1500 R more)
  • Autocannon Sentry (to be replaced by Rocket Sentry later)

• Trench Engineer medium armor because I like the orange color, but reduces recoil 30% and allows +2 grenades.
For the available stuff I have, I think the weakest is Defender, which is ok to play on Challenging/Hard (I moved back after noticing they bumped the difficulty not only in hardest difficulty levels).

I hate long or frequents reloads and big recoil, and like fast fire rate. But I'm considering to move to Punisher (I'd say seems better than Breaker now) before moving to Breaker Incendiary, the one I had in PS5.
My set up is almost the same all the time...

Incendiary shotgun
Grenades detonate on impact
Secondary is the uzi like gun forgot the name

Strategems

Lazer orbital
Straffe bomb orbital that comes back in seconds
Turret Gaitling
Rocket Turret

Reactions: Yurinka

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
My set up is almost the same all the time...

Incendiary shotgun
Grenades detonate on impact
Secondary is the uzi like gun forgot the name

Strategems

Lazer orbital
Turret Gaitling
Rocket Turret
The Uzi is the P-19 Redeemer, and incendiary shotgun is SG-225IE Breaker Incendiary.
I had the rocket turret in PS5 too, but need to farm. xD

Regarding orbitals, I normally don't use them because often people has them and almost nobody gets turrets so I always put a couple turrets. But the orbital laser looks cool so I'll test it.

Until I get the incendiary Breaker, what would you choose between Punisher and (non-incendiary) Breaker?

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Until I get the incendiary Breaker, what would you choose between Punisher and (non-incendiary) Breaker?

I would keep the Breaker. It's better than the incendiary one.

Even after nerf, Railgun + Shield is pretty good against robots (Railgun + guard dog for bugs).

Depending on the mission type, I use air strike for nests/factories and sometimes the smaller orbital barrage. Auto cannon is a good turret or EMS+mortar against robots.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Oh so they added mechs already, nice! Just used it.

Mechs broke the game, a problem for Helldivers.
A lack of QA in their updates which has been a recurring problem for their game.
Probably the biggest issue the team is facing as far as long term success is concerned if I'm being honest.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What is your favorite setup for bots after the patch? After going up to level twenty something in PS, I'm focusing on PC while my broken PS gets replaced so I'm level 15 now. I logged to check the names and saw we received the 45 medals from the order.

In recent days I was focused on bugs, now I'd like to focus in bots.

As of now I use:
  • SMG-37 Defender (plan to switch to SG-225IE Breaker Incendiary once I get 23 medals more)
  • P-19 Redeemer (fast and agile)
  • G-16 Impact (grenade that explodes on first impact)

• AX/LAS-5 "Guard dog" Rover (laser drone, good for low level nearby targets)
  • Laser Cannon (tested it last night and works great for long distance)
  • Gaitling Sentry (to be replaced by Orbital Laser once I get 1500 R more)
  • Autocannon Sentry (to be replaced by Rocket Sentry later)

• Trench Engineer medium armor because I like the orange color, but reduces recoil 30% and allows +2 grenades.
For the available stuff I have, I think the weakest is Defender, which is ok to play on Challenging/Hard (I moved back after noticing they bumped the difficulty not only in hardest difficulty levels, may go up soon a level or two once I get a better setup).

I hate long or frequents reloads and big recoil, and like fast fire rate. But I'm considering to move to Punisher (I'd say seems better than Breaker now) before moving to Breaker Incendiary, the one I had in PS5.

I also would like to see color variants for the armors, cape, helmet and weapons. Plus being able to choose separatedly the stats and cosmetic look of the armor and helmet (there's a couple helmets with hidden stats) between the ones you bought.

The CEO said weapon customization is something they wanted to do but couldn't have it for launch. I assume they'll do this down the line.

It would be nice to also expand the emote actions introducing sentences, to allow us to say the random sentences that characters say whenever we want.
incendiary breaker is no good against bots. You want the regular breaker or the slugger.
redeemer is basically the default choice because the other 2 sidearms aren't very good.
impact grenade is also the meta choice, you throw 2 on top of a tank's turret and it will kill the tank.

laser drone is okay, eventually you'll want the shield backpack because it lets you tank so much incoming damage and shrug it off. also the laser drone does a lot of friendly fire.
autocannon sentry is fine, it performs as well as the rocket sentry generally speaking.
laser cannon is meh, it's usable but it's not ideal. of course everything is usable in the medium difficulties so play with what you like.

if your strafe orbital is the eagle strafing run, you should either upgrade to the eagle airstrike (it can kill buildings and damage or kill heavily armored targets) or the eagle cluster bomb (much better area coverage, but doesn't kill heavily armored enemies). Also note that the strafing run and 500kg bombs come out in the direction of your throw, while the other eagles come out perpendicular.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
A lack of QA in their updates which has been a recurring problem for their game.
Probably the biggest issue the team is facing as far as long term success is concerned if I'm being honest.
Do you mean broken as causing bugs or broken as being overpowered?

Considering the size of their team, they delivered a ton of super fast updates and pretty well tested for the time and size they had.

The thing is, there's a gazillion combinations of planets, mission types, weapons, stratagems etc. so it's impossible to test everything super carefully unless instead of a dozen updates in a couple weeks you prefer an updae every two months. There may be like 10 million players, each one playing many hours, so obviously they'll find some bus that the devs didn't see. In addition to this, there are always some bugs that they are aware of, but didn't have time to fix. Or that need extra info and details to exactly reproduce them consistently to know exactly what causes it, something needed to fix them.

if your strafe orbital is the eagle strafing run, you should either upgrade to the eagle airstrike (it can kill buildings and damage or kill heavily armored targets) or the eagle cluster bomb (much better area coverage, but doesn't kill heavily armored enemies). Also note that the strafing run and 500kg bombs come out in the direction of your throw, while the other eagles come out perpendicular.
Ok thanks. But I don't understand you, please use in-game names because I'm confused and I don't know what do you mean.

There are "orbital" cannons, they are split into strikes, barrages and laser.
In the bridge section there are also "orbital" strikes, which I think they are useless.
But none of these "orbitals" include in their name "bomb" or "strafe"/"strafing".

In the hangar section there are the Eagles, I assume you're talking about them. After checking them I assume @Gamernyc78 by "straffe bomb orbital tha comes back in seconds" means "Eagle Cluster Bomb" (call-in time 0 sec, 4 uses, cooldown 8 secs -probably reduced later with some ship upgrade). Am I right?

@anonpuffs : I normally equip two sentries, laser dog and some powerful special handweapon (previously the machine gun, but recently I'm playing with the laser canon). No "orbital" or "eagles". When I use one of them, normally I prefer the ones with unlimited uses, because I think to be able to use them twice is boring and not very useful and normally everybody else use to have them and instead no turrets.

I was considering to try the orbital laser once I get 1500 R more, but just saw that at level 15 I had the rocket sentry unlocked, so now I moved to:
  • "Guard dog" Rover (laser)
  • Laser Cannon
  • Autocannon Sentry
  • Rocket Sentry

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Game is fucked. Mission complete, got zero xp, medals, anything out of it. Didn't even contribute to the war effort.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

Considering the size of their team, they delivered a ton of super fast updates and pretty well tested for the time and size they had.

The thing is, there's a gazillion combinations of planets, mission types, weapons, stratagems etc. so it's impossible to test everything super carefully unless instead of a dozen updates in a couple weeks you prefer an updae every two months. There may be like 10 million players, each one playing many hours, so obviously they'll find some bus that the devs didn't see. In addition to this, there are always some bugs that they are aware of, but didn't have time to fix. Or that need extra info and details to exactly reproduce them consistently to know exactly what causes it, something needed to fix them.
He means bugs.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Bugs, new code causing new ways of game crash and so on, things not working as intended as well.
Rewards are borked for a lot of people right now when it hasn't been an systemic wide issue for quite some time.
Steam CCUs haven't recovered since the big dip when mechs were introduced, probably some new issue plus the fact all those players are trying to reconnect at the same time and hitting the login limiter.

Speaking of which, no new update on improvements related to networking in the last few patches.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Oh so they added mechs already, nice! Just used it.
Just saw them in the stratagems shop: "Patriot exosuit", level 25 and I assume won't be cheap.

I'm level 15 :( I assume that as I expected they are targeted for high level players for highest difficulty levels.

Edit: played my first match today in Hard, I'd bet they scaled down the difficulty, at least charger bugs seem easier now. We did a great mission but didn't receive the rewards :/

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just saw them in the stratagems shop: "Patriot exosuit", level 25 and I assume won't be cheap.

I'm level 15 :( I assume that as I expected they are targeted for high level players for highest difficulty levels.
Yeah I didn't have to pay for them. I'm lvl 50 BTW.

The game is bugged to shit now though. Game is crashing continuously and not adding medals,, etc.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

everyone can call them right now, it's a temporary buff. Usages are split between team members though, so you only get to call 2 of them per mission

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Ok thanks. But I don't understand you, please use in-game names because I'm confused and I don't know what do you mean.

There are "orbital" cannons, they are split into strikes, barrages and laser.
In the bridge section there are also "orbital" strikes, which I think they are useless.
But none of these "orbitals" include in their name "bomb" or "strafe"/"strafing".

In the hangar section there are the Eagles, I assume you're talking about them. After checking them I assume @Gamernyc78 by "straffe bomb orbital tha comes back in seconds" means "Eagle Cluster Bomb" (call-in time 0 sec, 4 uses, cooldown 8 secs -probably reduced later with some ship upgrade). Am I right?

@anonpuffs : I normally equip two sentries, laser dog and some powerful special handweapon (previously the machine gun, but recently I'm playing with the laser canon). No "orbital" or "eagles". When I use one of them, normally I prefer the ones with unlimited uses, because I think to be able to use them twice is boring and not very useful and normally everybody else use to have them and instead no turrets.

I was considering to try the orbital laser once I get 1500 R more, but just saw that at level 15 I had the rocket sentry unlocked, so now I moved to:
  • "Guard dog" Rover (laser)
  • Laser Cannon
  • Autocannon Sentry
  • Rocket Sentry
for some reason i thought you said you brought the strafing run orbital which I thought meant you were bringing the eagle strafing run. but never mind, you don't use them at all (and you should).

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
for some reason i thought you said you brought the strafing run orbital which I thought meant you were bringing the eagle strafing run. but never mind, you don't use them at all (and you should).
Yup I use them all the time. Strafing run orbital is great.