Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff. Looking to hire devs & expand. Updates & Patch Notes within. |UP| 4/11/24 New Premium Warbond

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I double dipped the other day to support Arrowhead. Sadly there isn't crossprogression between both platforms (this or I didn't link my account properly, even if in the menus I have an "account linked" message).

Today I played a couple hours ago or so in the laptop (runs great and only has a 1070) while watching the Capcom Cup and today first I was able to login at the first attempt. I wanted to start making a few missions solo and before I realized where the option to limit it to friends only I already had 3 random guys in my ship.

I did that mission, later did 3 more solo, didn't have any issue and the rewards are apparently ok. I also noticed that there are a ton of people more in the planet than usual, but I didn't try to join them because wanted to go solo.

Edit: I spent some minutes here and got disconnected due to inactivity. xD

Are there still problems with crossplay enabled?
There are no crossplay related issues. There may be a few cheaters in PC if not already banned, but shouldn't negatively affect you.

The login, matchmaking and rewards issue weren't related to crossplay. In fact it's better to activate the crossplay because it gives you more changes to connect someone via matchmaking.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Just got a bug where reinforcements were not working. Whole squad had to leave the game

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Are they gonna push a server size update? Would be good to see another CCU jump this weekend as I think this'll be the peak

The daily upward trend may have ended. We will see come the weekend of course.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
People are asking what's the new limit but he's not saying 👀

It's at 376k CCU on Steam and the peak will be in about 2 hours.

Funny thing is the sizable drop today compared to previous days.
Like many of us guessed, a bunch of people were either not logging off and staying afk and/or trying to get in queue unsuccessfully.

Last 2 days peaked at exactly 2UTC(9PM EST) so a little less than an hour which is quite a bit earlier than last week or just a few days ago, let's see if this is the new normal or not.

Edit:

What I'm getting from this is that they probably increased the server capacity so that Steam can get over 500k+ easily but they don't know how much people will show up during the weekend.
Which makes sense because the CCUs right now are much higher than last Friday/Sat and we're just Thursday.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
He deleted the tweets but he's just repeating the same info? I wasn't confused at all.

I think he just didn't want to get anyone's hopes up that the server cap was going to be unlimited or that no one would hit the retry screen. I bet they raised it to 600k or so but my guess is people will still max it out over the weekend. Sucks to be en vogue I guess.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
That's a decent increase, but yeah it won't be nearly enough.

Steam CCU for yesterday was 444k Peak, today 422k.
Friday will obviously see an increase, possibly beating Wednesday CCU peak, but even if it doesn't...
Saturday will clear that shit by a ton and that's only PC.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I played a few rounds in PS5 a few hours ago during peak hours: logged in at the first attempt, the matchmaking worked at the first attempt both with the square button and browsing through the map, and the rewards also worked.

At least these 3 things seem pretty much fixed in my side both in PS and PC.

No need for this now but didn't know they implemented this as well...

Apparently some folks kept the game logged in and went to work or to sleep to avoid login issues for them (but causing them to other people for no reason).

I think it's positive and will help servers to be less saturated.

Last edited: