Hi-Fi Rush in development since 2017 as per developer - MS paid to block it off PS5 through Bethesda acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's called word of mouth... which is better than any other type of review. Steam reviews started coming shortly after it launched and were absolutely glowing. The game just looked cool and polished as fuck in the direct itself... and then of course you had streamers playing it and telling thousands upon thousands of people that it was great...
And why do you think WOM doesn't apply to regular releases? There are so many games coming out every week. Plenty of games need WOM to find success even if they had tons of reviews on Day 1. It's not one or the other.

Square didn't send codes to 3 outlets and all hell broke loose. Keep that same energy.
PS fanboys whining about this game being in development before GamePass and MS withholding it from Playstation.... ignoring the fact that Sony OBVIOUSLY didn't see this game as worthwhile back then when they moneyhatted Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo......

Sony had no faith in this game... MS is right to withhold it from them, they don't deserve it 😊😊🥰
Sony had no faith in it? What makes you think Bethesda was offering deals for Hi-Fi? This is a very low risk release. They needed help for Ghostwire from the same studio though and Sony was generous enough to offer them a deal.

Keep in mind that all Zenimax games were flops back then. Ghostwire was a flop too.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
And why do you think WOM doesn't apply to regular releases? There are so many games coming out every week. Plenty of games need WOM to find success even if they had tons of reviews on Day 1. It's not one or the other.

Square didn't send codes to 3 outlets and all hell broke loose. Keep that same energy.

Sony had no faith in it? What makes you think Bethesda was offering deals for Hi-Fi? This is a very low risk release. They needed help for Ghostwire from the same studio though and Sony was generous enough to offer them a deal.

Keep in mind that all Zenimax games were flops back then. Ghostwire was a flop too.
I never said it doesn't. This however is different, because it was shadow dropped and depended entirely on word of mouth and the showing from the Xbox Direct.. Typical games have hype cycles and marketing BEFORE they release... this game didn't.

Obviously Sony had no interest or faith in it. They OBVIOUSLY had first pickings to these games that were in development or starting development around that time. Bethesda wouldn't have to offer anything... Sony would be privy to games that are being developed for their platform, as people allege Hi-fi was.. and so they would have had just as much of a shot as anyone else. It's very clear MS saw that Sony hatted Deathloop and Ghostwire.. and MS thought that Hi-fi could be special for Xbox so they decided to make it exclusive. They made the right call obviously.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
MS didn't pay to block it.. they bought the company and simply cancelled it for PS. There's a big difference.
all in the same realm. You see how people can be upset when former 3rd party publishers get snatched up by a monopolistic, evil american corporation with a history of anti-competitive practices dating back 5 decades.

We on PlayStation have to lose access to multiplatform games to make it 'fair' for Xbox customers, who willingly invested into a failed ecosystem with no quality exclusives.

Couldn't they just have done some research pre-purchase?

If you bought an Xbox, it's all on you. Buyers remorse doesn't entitle you to steal from other people.

and make no mistake, xbox and their cretinous fanbase get off on stealing multiplatform games away from others.

as we speak, they have their eyes on COD, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot -- you name it, they want it.

We as consumers need to reject MS's hostile takeover of multiplatform publishers, and demand they make something for themselves.

If they cannot abide by the rules of the game, they are free to exit the hardware manufacturing business, and expedite their transition into a 3rd party publisher.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
and as they scheme, huddled in the dark corners of the industry, hidden in shadow, their plan to disrupt other 3rd party publishers is already well underway.

maxresdefault.jpg

And the cretinous and devious Xbox fanbase, angered and emboldened by a decade's lack of games, online ridicule, and a very real case of buyer's remorse, scream on in unison: "More, More, MORE!"

These Xbox 'Fans' CRAVE the stealing of 3rd party games, like a kleptomaniac left unsupervised at the local department store.

And like true leeches, they're cheered on by their buttbuddies on the Personal Computing (PC) platform, whom knowing MS's laissez-faire rules on exclusivity, will hand deliver all of these games to the PC, all the while squeezing out PlayStation in their favour, specifically.

Phil Spencer says, "when we all play, we all win." But I've seen quite the opposite.

When we all play, huh...
When we all play.

I say no more. No ore playing nice with those who wish to destroy us, and our medium.

2411520-B.jpg

I hereby call for a BOYCOTT of ALL MS products, be it Word applications, the office suite, Xbox, outlook and hotmail accounts, and anything else which bears the demonic mark of those who wish to buy their way to success.

It's time, as a collective of gamers to END Microsoft's failed experiment known as the Xbox division--and if we kill PC gaming in the crossfire, well, so be it.

TO ARMS, GENTLEMEN!

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Sony had no faith in this game... MS is right to withhold it from them, they don't deserve it 😊😊🥰
I doubt that very much. I think Sony thought this was going to be multiplatform.....Imagine going around moneyhatting even indie games for fear of it coming to another platform. What is this industry becoming...

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This thread is a gold mine, so many good laughs in it.

Fantastic Discourse. 😍

Cant Get Enough Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Reactions: arvfab

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The Microsoft x Bethesda acquisition certanly influenced the decision to make this an Xbox exclusive, but i dont think they talked with any developers such as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo beforehand, otherwise this would have come out in PlayStation like Deathlooop and Ghostwyre Tokyo.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
This thread is a gold mine, so many good laughs in it.

Fantastic Discourse. 😍

Cant Get Enough Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

horse-dead.gif

When Redfall comes out, I expect another bodycount meltdown thread about how it was stolen from PS fans.

The Microsoft x Bethesda acquisition certanly influenced the decision to make this an Xbox exclusive, but i dont think they talked with any developers such as Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo beforehand, otherwise this would have come out in PlayStation like Deathlooop and Ghostwyre Tokyo.

Well, of course the acquisition influenced it to become an exclusive. Bethesda/Zenimax has been a first party for years now, any new game coming from them that doesn't already have a version announced for other console(s) should by default be expected to be console exclusive.

No one is expecting Insomniac to make multi-platform games anymore either, for example.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Our enemies have many names. Green Rats. WelfarePassers. Acquisition-Beggars. They sit and stalk and watch and wait for any opportunity, mops and American flags in hand.

Fnc4v2MWIAAr8-q

• haha

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
and as they scheme, huddled in the dark corners of the industry, hidden in shadow, their plan to disrupt other 3rd party publishers is already well underway.

maxresdefault.jpg

And the cretinous and devious Xbox fanbase, angered and emboldened by a decade's lack of games, online ridicule, and a very real case of buyer's remorse, scream on in unison: "More, More, MORE!"

These Xbox 'Fans' CRAVE the stealing of 3rd party games, like a kleptomaniac left unsupervised at the local department store.

And like true leeches, they're cheered on by their buttbuddies on the Personal Computing (PC) platform, whom knowing MS's laissez-faire rules on exclusivity, will hand deliver all of these games to the PC, all the while squeezing out PlayStation in their favour, specifically.

Phil Spencer says, "when we all play, we all win." But I've seen quite the opposite.

When we all play, huh...
When we all play.

I say no more. No ore playing nice with those who wish to destroy us, and our medium.

2411520-B.jpg

I hereby call for a BOYCOTT of ALL MS products, be it Word applications, the office suite, Xbox, outlook and hotmail accounts, and anything else which bears the demonic mark of those who wish to buy their way to success.

It's time, as a collective of gamers to END Microsoft's failed experiment known as the Xbox division--and if we kill PC gaming in the crossfire, well, so be it.

TO ARMS, GENTLEMEN!
Are you a writer? Your posts gives me LIFE!!!😍

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Ten hour one-and-done game - will play when I'm through my extensive backlog. This is the type of game you play when you don't have much left on the table.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Game is OK, maybe a 7.5/10. the rhythm parts are actually the worst part about the game, more frustrating than fun.

I will admit, the game has a certain 'cool' factor that just doesn't fit with xbox's brand image as a multiplatform box that looks like windows office equipment.

the young, cool, hip image of the Nintendo Switch is where I think this game would really flourish. Hopefully next year when Xbox goes 3rd party and exits hardware, the game can make the 'Switch' over to Nintendo's platform. Should open up a wider audience.

Overall, probably Tango's best game yet. But with TEW1 and 2 being 7/10's, not much to really brag about there.

it's a solid small-scale indie title, best played on mobile devices.
It reminds me of other cell shaded titles like Jet Set Radio and Zelda something or other... I never liked it, I can't even watch the preview video because I hate the style so much.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Damn, I have Blue Bloods tagged next, after I'm done with Chicago PD. Which should give TLOU enough time to complete it's season before I hit it......

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
horse-dead.gif

When Redfall comes out, I expect another bodycount meltdown thread about how it was stolen from PS fans.
And so it should be, your main man Phil is robbing gamers of one of the biggest gaming publishers out there that gamers have had full access to their products for years on end.

Now, Instead of building studios and nurturing talent with the endless stream of money, Microsoft the "Play where ever you want and we are in it for the gamers" are actively hurting said gamers by swallowing up a large market of the industry and making it only available to them.

You cheerleading this is not a good look.

I seriously hope people like you can see the bigger picture in what a company like Microsoft is don't, they are not your friend, anyone's friend, they are in it to make money, for their shareholders, that's it, you are basically a pawn in this, and your playing for the wrong side.

But you do you, keep cheer leading for a company that is wrecking the industry with their greed.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Et Tu @Sircaw :cry:

Zenimax were looking to sell themselves, Sony was reportedly also in the running to buy them. MS made a better offer, and Zenimax has been a third party for a third year now.

I think we're long past the time to stop complaining about it. You don't see anyone make longwinded topics complaining about Sony buying Insomniac, Bungie etc anywhere, do we ?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Et Tu @Sircaw :cry:

Zenimax were looking to sell themselves, Sony was reportedly also in the running to buy them. MS made a better offer, and Zenimax has been a third party for a third year now.

I think we're long past the time to stop complaining about it. You don't see anyone make longwinded topics complaining about Sony buying Insomniac, Bungie etc anywhere, do we ?
Have you seen their Portfolio of games that are being taken away from gamers that had played their games and been loyal to those franchises for decades?

I was probably playing some of there games when you were still in diapers or better yet, been born.

Not good dude, not good.

• sad
Status
Not open for further replies.