Hi-Fi Rush Review (PS5) & |OT|

Just a couple of days out. What do you think it will score?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1710673028731.png
Hi-Fi Rush is a 2023 rhythm-based action game[1] developed by Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda Softworks. The game was announced and released for Windows and Xbox Series X/S on January 25, 2023. It is also set to release for PlayStation 5 on March 19, 2024.[2][3]

Hi-Fi Rush
Developer(s)Tango Gameworks
Publisher(s)Bethesda Softworks
Director(s)John Johanas
Producer(s)
  • Masato Kimura
  • Shinsaku Ohara
Designer(s)Masaaki Yamada
Programmer(s)Yuji Nakamura
Writer(s)
  • John Johanas
  • Morten Brunbjerg
Composer(s)
  • Shuichi Kobori
  • Reo Uratani
  • Masatoshi Yanagi
EngineUnreal Engine 4
Platform(s)
Release
  • Windows, Xbox Series X/S
  • January 25, 2023
  • PlayStation 5
  • March 19, 2024
Genre(s)Action, rhythm, beat 'em up, hack and slash
Mode(s)Single-player

Trailers:

Previews:

Reviews:

1710784146902.png

1710784243451.png

GamingTrend
MAR 18, 2024
Hi-Fi Rush comes back to the stage in a pitch-perfect port that may well be the best version of the game. It looks gorgeous and runs flawlessly, with the DualSense features being a great addition to the game.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Noisy Pixel
MAR 18, 2024
Knowing how to deliver an action experience that sets itself apart from contemporaries while simultaneously appealing to genre veterans and newcomers is a strenuous, rarely accomplished feat. Yet, Hi-Fi Rush achieves all of the above with elegance and confidence. Even though the rhythm-infused gameplay is a double-edged sword that can make the later difficulty levels significantly less challenging, every gameplay-related strive is just really damn fun. From a succinct story that expertly sells you on a haphazardly formed group of heroes to vast waves of addictive replayability, Hi-Fi Rush deserves to be played by everyone, and this port has enhanced that accessibility even more. If you were like me and never had the opportunity to try out Hi-Fi Rush before, do yourself a favor and do so. Regardless of your history with action games, I promise you won't regret it.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

PlayStation Universe
MAR 18, 2024
Marrying the very best of the action-combat genre with the satisfaction of a rhythm game, Hi-Fi Rush is a titanic achievement that offers plenty of both style and substance. Luscious animations, appealing character designs and a hilarious cast help to elevate this title beyond the level of enjoying for the gameplay alone, I was here for the story too. Learning curves and a few too many dry spells in the main campaign do very little to dampen this rocking good time, a must play for action fans.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GamersRD
MAR 18, 2024
One of the best Xbox Series X games arrives with a triumphant debut on PS5. Nothing new to say about this great action and rhythm title that is full of praise. We are faced with an entertaining and intuitive action game that will remind us of other giants of the genre but at the rhythm of music.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Push Square
MAR 18, 2024
Hi-Fi Rush is a gorgeous rhythm-action game with a strong cast of characters, addictive gameplay, and an incredible musical score. The game has a ton of replayability with the way its structured, allowing you to improve your timings to perform better in the game’s rhythmic combat. This is an essential title for PS5 owners, and we’re glad Xbox has allowed us to finally experience it.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

TheGamer
MAR 18, 2024
Hi-Fi Rush’s PS5 port might not have much that makes it stand apart from its launch last year, but replaying it reminded me just how special it is and made me fall in love with it all over again. In a generation where games are constantly trying to sucker you into spending all of your time and money on one ecosystem, Hi-Fi Rush shines as an all-too-rare standalone, uncynical labour of love that deserves to be played on every platform.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GamingBolt
MAR 18, 2024
When discussing first-party titles, Hi-Fi Rush is undoubtedly one of the best in recent years, providing fresh gameplay and incredible production values polished to a sheen. If you haven’t played it, rest assured it lives up to the hype.
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

GLHF on Sports Illustrated
MAR 18, 2024
Hi-Fi Rush runs incredibly well on PS5, with a rock-solid 60fps output, fast loading times, and a resolution target that looks close to native 4K. It looks excellent on a 4K display. The 3D audio integration is also noteworthy, although the DualSense integration leaves a little to be desired. The same is true for no cross-save support.
Read More
FULL REVIEW
PLAYSTATION 5

Previous Review Scores:

1710673274198.png

Last edited:

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Updates make it better than base game.
It's an MS game so the media will love it.
+2 points for better hardware.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
this masterpiece deserves a 95+. I bought it on Steam day 1, and will definitely get the PS5 physical release when it comes out!!!! One of the best games of this generation

Reactions: Umar

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Updates make it better than base game.
It's an MS game so the media will love it.
+2 points for better hardware.
But i thought xbox tax? 😂

Appears that you have just to create a great game.
Who could have thought about such wild concept 😂

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
But i thought xbox tax? 😂

Appears that you have just to create a great game.
Who could have thought about such wild concept 😂
I wouldn't laugh. How many people on this forum, or Sony fans in general, slated the game as absolute dog shit when it launched on Xbox?

Now it's on playstation, the same game is magically amazing and totes worth the score of 87 (minimum).

Funny how that works.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I wouldn't laugh. How many people on this forum, or Sony fans in general, slated the game as absolute dog shit when it launched on Xbox?

Now it's on playstation, the same game is magically amazing and totes worth the score of 87 (minimum).

Funny how that works.
Can't name any member here, who shat on the game, actually opposite was, as some stated, that's pity that the game is trapped on dead platform and no one is going to appreciate it.