Horizon Forbidden West cracked and pirated within 30 seconds of release.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
It's no.5 on Steam sellers, below the Steam Deck lol, and Counter-Strike.

So basically it's below Dragon's Dogma and Helldivers. Some people buying this to play in the coming days and weeks.
Which is why CCU is not an accurate measurement for something like this, it doesn't really give you any type of valuable information. I bought it like 5 days ago and I haven't touched it yet.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Here's the question that I keep coming back to though, and bear in mind I enjoy Sony's games and I enjoy playing them.

Why are they so irrelevant to the PC community while games which are of the same general design released on PC are not?

There's only a couple possible answers to this.

1. The games aren't actually that good, and their appeal is largely relegated to the group of players which have grown accustomed to them.

2. Their price, age, and marketing relative to their release.

For the life of me I can't think of anything else. I just can't.
3. PC players are all talk.

Which game like god of war is there on PC that's cinematic on the level of a Sony game?
Alan Wake 2 comes to mind. Bombed and barely sold 1m copies despite being multiplat.

Which game like Ratchet and Clank is on there? Psychonauts 2? Sold like shit.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Which is why CCU is not an accurate measurement for something like this, it doesn't really give you any type of valuable information. I bought it like 5 days ago and I haven't touched it yet.
Dumb argument. Plenty of people buy games and don't play them the same day. This is literally true for every game on the whole store. I have over 2000 games on Steam. I didn't play them all as soon as I bought them.

Comparing CCU for the first day/weekend for similar releases makes total sense. If the CCU was high you would be bragging about the sales (like you did when you started this thread) but it's low so you keep making backflips and mental gymnastics.

People bought Horizon at release but they will play it in 3 months! They are at work! It's nighttime! It's not the weekend yet! There's no multiplayer! They are at the restaurant! 🤡

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
So according to pc players:

A broken game with stealth microtransactions, abysmal performance even on high end machines, last gen graphics, denuvo (dragons dogma 2) - $70, A-Okay! Amazing game!
A polished next-gen graphical showpiece, complete game with DLC, no mtx, performs flawlessly (Horizon FW), no intrusive DRM - $70, a travesty! I'll wait for a sale, no one wants this shit, should be half off at launch

This is why PC gaming is utterly broken
Are you saying that A two year old graphical showcase can't compete with DD2, even with all the faults, in the modern day?

The sun has set on Horizon. It was a graphical showcase and a technical masterpiece when it launched, two years ago. Now it's the sequel to a cult classic to have it's day in the sun.

We move on and nothing stops the PC train. Watch out, it's coming this way.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
There's been plenty of marketing online.

People seriously expect Sony to put together a massive marketing campaign for a two year old game lol.

Fact is PC is home of many F2P and obscure titles, just look at the most played list. Even Dragon's Dogma with all the hype it's been receiving only has a 200k peak when it's available for £38.
It will stay like that until performance is fixed.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
3. PC players are all talk.

Which game like god of war is there on PC that's cinematic on the level of a Sony game?
Alan Wake 2 comes to mind. Bombed and barely sold 1m copies despite being multiplat.

Which game like Ratchet and Clank is on there? Psychonauts 2? Sold like shit.
That is major cope and you know it.

The easiest answer to your question is the fact that they do not release it at the exact same time, so all of the hype anyone has to play it, dies out, or if they really wanted to play it that bad, they already have bought a PS5.

Alan Wake 2 is not on Steam, the majority of PC gamers do not like launchers like Epic Games. Putting your game on Epic is a stupid idea.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Polyh3dron

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Yes sales are a much better indicator, it's a shame Valve is private and we don't get numbers though.

I think Horizon will sell plenty but I expect Ghosts and a Bloodborne remake to do much better.

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
Some people have stopped to think that maybe Horizon Forbidden West is low on player numbers because it was released close to another big game? or even worse, maybe the PC audience won't even be interested in the game, but even so, it's currently the 4th best-selling game on Steam, not bad for a late release

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Here's the question that I keep coming back to though, and bear in mind I enjoy Sony's games and I enjoy playing them.

Why are they so irrelevant to the PC community while games which are of the same general design released on PC are not?

There's only a couple possible answers to this.

1. The games aren't actually that good, and their appeal is largely relegated to the group of players which have grown accustomed to them.

2. Their price, age, and marketing relative to their release.

For the life of me I can't think of anything else. I just can't.

I wouldn't say that they're the same general game design. The best selling games on PC are generally GaaS games that are free to play or you have games that are highly moddable role playing type games.

There is a big difference I'd say between The Witcher 3 and Horizon Forbidden West.

A game that I think Sony could have more success with is probably Demon's Souls or Bloodborne as Souls games have had success on PC. That being said as you mentioned price and age are major factors. A lot of these games people have played on other systems and PC gamers are extremely cheap. So, you're going to struggle to sell a 2 year old game for 60-70 dollars.

There really haven't been many surprises around their releases. Maybe the biggest was the Returnal didn't perform better. I thought that would be better received, but I also can't remember the MSRP for the game. I remember that the developer was surprised that Sony sold it full price on PS5.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
Dragon's Dogma?
yes, Dragon's Dogma 2 isn't well optimized and even on good cards the game can run like a snail, just as it does on consoles. (The devs themselves have said that many NPCs are a big workload on the CPU, and they're going to optimize further)

on top of people whining about MTX, understandable, but its worth saying you can get almost all of that in game for free

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i hope Valve gets VERY AGGRESSIVE in the hardware space with the Steam Deck, Sony needs to wake up, they're risking their console dominance and completely devaluing their console for pennies, these games are not selling, they're being HEAVLY PIRATED, the only games that make sense to release on PC are the multiplayer/live service titles, singleplayer games should remain PERMANENTLY Only On PlayStation natively, give PC players a Cloud version and if they want to play it they subscribe to PS Plus Premium, put Nixxes to work on Remasters for US, people that invest in their brand

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
yes, Dragon's Dogma 2 isn't well optimized and even on good cards the game can run like a snail, just as it does on consoles. (The devs themselves have said that many NPCs are a big workload on the CPU, and they're going to optimize further)

on top of people whining about MTX, understandable, but its worth saying you can get almost all of that in game for free
Yeah I've bought it but I'm going to wait for further optimisation. Disappointing the game is so CPU heavy.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
The problem with your argument is that PlayStation isn't Xbox.

The Xbox was already in decline since the PS3 started outselling the 360. The PS5 is actually selling faster than the PS4.

I've said it before just because two companies do the same thing or even similar things doesn't mean the results will be the same.

Ratchet barely sold on the PS5. Horizon disappeared from the conversation way before a PC release.

To say the effects won't be felt right away, when they haven't been felt at all, and the opposite is actually true, makes for a very weak predictive argument.
Objectively wrong

PS5 is behind PS4 there projected to outsell PS4 in 2025 & that’s a if since there projecting year over year downward spiral.

Porting games to PC doesn’t help the conversation around PS exclusive games & precedent has already been set, just wait there nothing more then time exclusive & at launch there launching buggy or are just worse then previous games. Wait for the port & get it cheaper, better performance & investing on a PC allows you to play Xbox games day 1 & PS games technically also Nintendo thru a emulator.

Xbox, PS & Nintendo are platform holder if they don’t have exclusive games there’s no need to buy there platform. If Xbox lost 50% of its playerbase because they went day 1 on PC PS & Nintendo would see the same result acting like PS wouldn’t be effected is high copium & just misleading. People buy a console for 1. exclusive 2. 3rd party support 3. friends. If you told a casual who can play fortnite on Xbox & PS to chose a platform & you showed them each exclusive games casuals would pick PS the console w more, higher quality exclusive games & the platform w the exclusive Spider-Man game

“R&C rift apart barely sold” bruh R&C rift apart sold 4 million sales in 1 year w a console base of 20 million. Ratchet & Clank rift apart is the highest grossing R&C game in the series being sold at $70 & only 1.7 million sales behind R&C PS4 which is the highest selling R&C released w a console base around 80 million PS4 & was price at $40

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Objectively wrong

PS5 is behind PS4 there projected to outsell PS4 in 2025 & that’s a if since there projecting year over year downward spiral.

Porting games to PC doesn’t help the conversation around PS exclusive games & precedent has already been set, just wait there nothing more then time exclusive & at launch there launching buggy or are just worse then previous games. Wait for the port & get it cheaper, better performance & investing on a PC allows you to play Xbox games day 1 & PS games technically also Nintendo thru a emulator.

Xbox, PS & Nintendo are platform holder if they don’t have exclusive games there’s no need to buy there platform. If Xbox lost 50% of its playerbase because they went day 1 on PC PS & Nintendo would see the same result acting like PS wouldn’t be effected is high copium & just misleading. People buy a console for 1. exclusive 2. 3rd party support 3. friends. If you told a casual who can play fortnite on Xbox & PS to chose a platform & you showed them each exclusive games casuals would pick PS the console w more, higher quality exclusive games & the platform w the exclusive Spider-Man game

“R&C rift apart barely sold” bruh R&C rift apart sold 4 million sales in 1 year w a console base of 20 million. Ratchet & Clank rift apart is the highest grossing R&C game in the series being sold at $70 & only 1.7 million sales behind R&C PS4 which is the highest selling R&C released w a console base around 80 million PS4 & was price at $40
R&C did not sell 4 million in a year.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Screenshot-20240324-224901-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240324-224910-Chrome.jpg
Screenshot-20240324-224945-Chrome.jpg

icegif-723.gif