Horizon wins its first GOTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Why. Hfw it’s kinda a mess of a bloated bad design decisions. Especially regarding traversal climbing, loot and quest design.
Its more than sum of its parts for sure. But er takes it easy despite I think it’s worse than souls too.

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
Well deserved!!! The world is so beautiful and full of detail, bow combat feels great and flying mount and shield glider are glorious

I also loved learning more about Gaia, Hephaestus and the other Subordinates

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Craig of War

Banned
12 Jul 2022
Funny GIF

Never heard of The Develop:Star Awards but congrats to the team i guess

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Well deserved!!! The world is so beautiful and full of detail, bow combat feels great and flying mount and shield glider are glorious

I also loved learning more about Gaia, Hephaestus and the other Subordinates

Yep, i just 100%’d it. I can’t wait for the DLC

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
But its not even end of year lol

I do like the game alot but not over ER and probably God of War

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I would absolutely love some DLC, have they mentioned it yet? Something similar to The Frozen Wilds but with its own uniqueness and differences obviously, would be phenomenal
No mention of it year but I think its gonna be the “burning shores” …

• brain
Reactions: Hobbygaming
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Wow, didn't know there were any yet.

The game is beautiful and a lot of fun once you get past the overly long introduction area.

They keep some of the best stuff till the end which makes no sense though.

Yeah, i couldn’t believe how far into the game the san franciso parts were which is by far my favorite area in the game. That section is absolutely beautiful

But its not even end of year lol

I do like the game alot but not over ER and probably God of War

Its for the previous 12 months

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yeah, i couldn’t believe how far into the game the san franciso parts were which is by far my favorite area in the game. That section is absolutely beautiful

Its for the previous 12 months

They need to take a few lessons from ER and realize that gamers are not dumb and just plonk us in the middle of the world with loads of possibilities.
If you want to use some...method of getting around, you should be able to get nearly right at the start.

There needs to be some serious consideration about how much they are controlling the gamer and limiting the fun-O-meter.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
It's weird to me that people seem to think the Game Awards in December is the only gaming awards show out there. It's not. Even then, it isn't the Holy Grail of gaming awards shows either; it's a vanity project for Geoff Keighley with game ads.

If anything, game developers will care more about the Game Developers Choice Award for the Game of the Year at GDC, or the DICE Awards.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's weird to me that people seem to think the Game Awards in December is the only gaming awards show out there. It's not. Even then, it isn't the Holy Grail of gaming awards shows either; it's a vanity project for Geoff Keighley with game ads.

If anything, game developers will care more about the Game Developers Choice Award for the Game of the Year at GDC, or the DICE Awards.

My favorites are the Baftas...

• brain
Reactions: Hobbygaming
Status
Not open for further replies.