Horizon wins its first GOTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Too bad gow ragnarok also coming this year it will steal some award in plenty category latter this year from horizon forbiden west

But anyway congrats

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Too bad gow ragnarok also coming this year it will steal some award in plenty category latter this year from horizon forbiden west

But anyway congrats

I think its the other way around, i think horizon is gonna steal some awards from Ragnarok like Tsushima did for TLOU2. Gonna hurt when ti comes to the great elden ring - GOWR battle

Reactions: Airbus
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It's weird to me that people seem to think the Game Awards in December is the only gaming awards show out there. It's not. Even then, it isn't the Holy Grail of gaming awards shows either; it's a vanity project for Geoff Keighley with game ads.

If anything, game developers will care more about the Game Developers Choice Award for the Game of the Year at GDC, or the DICE Awards.

Yeah people don’t realize the Keighlys are like the VMA’s of gaming awards. People in the industry seem to put DICE and BAFTA on a way higher pedastal

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Why. Hfw it’s kinda a mess of a bloated bad design decisions. Especially regarding traversal climbing, loot and quest design.
Its more than sum of its parts for sure. But er takes it easy despite I think it’s worse than souls too.
Opinions, how do they work

Reactions: Hobbygaming

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Opinions, how do they work
I finished the game and I would rate it max 7.
Watch this. Interesting critique I agree with

I honestly liked original more and I am not a fan of it either

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Funny GIF

Never heard of The Develop:Star Awards but congrats to the team i guess
Develop:Brighton is perhaps the largest developer conference in the UK now, and it's awards are chosen by the developers who attend, but obviously you can't vote for your own stuff!

24 Jun 2022
Why. Hfw it’s kinda a mess of a bloated bad design decisions. Especially regarding traversal climbing, loot and quest design.
Its more than sum of its parts for sure. But er takes it easy despite I think it’s worse than souls too.

What are the issues people have with traversal climbing? I know at launch some were saying it was buggy or kinda broken, but I've had no issues with climbing, with and without guides. If the argument is that it's too simplistic, then can't that be made about a lot of other games' climbing, too?

I guess the awards season kicks off sooner than I thought, guessed it would've started in the Fall. But congrats to HFW; now if I can just make more time to finish it along.

Don't you worry your head; ER's gonna clean house and it'll probably win TGA's GOTY because it's a very safe pick (alongside being one of the best releases of the year).

But that doesn't mean it's going to win EVERY GOTY award or even most awards outside of GOTY. And if you don't care much about TGA's GOTY, then it looks much more competitive as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.