How do you Rate the Nintendo Direct?

How do you rate June 18th Nintendo Direct?

• A

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • B

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • C

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • D

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • E

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
They aren't remakes though are they. Donkey Kong is just a port to add to a collection of dozens of ports they call remasters being sold for $60. It's not like they are ground up remaking OOT or Mario 64 here

And people would not be cool with GOW1, 2, ICO or Ape Escape basic remasters. They would laugh at the laziness. If they were ground up faithful remakes to modern standards then we are talking about something different

Imagine Sony porting these games for 60 dollars instead of putting them on PS Plus classic’s catalogue.

Watch the reaction.

No one will complain about a Wii port costing 60 dollars.

Yet they will debate why Astro Bot is that price.

Reactions: Evil Aloy and Yobo

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
The direct was 10/10 for me. Opening with a new Mario & Luigi, which I've been dying for since I got into the series last year, was legendary. And then they announced a remaster of DKC Returns, gave us more info about DQ3 HD-2D, the announcement of DQ 1 and 2 HD-2D, Miles Edgeworth remaster announcement, plus other stuff I'm probably forgetting. Absolutely amazing, and likely won't be beaten for this year, maybe even next year as well.

• haha
Reactions: Muddasar

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Imagine Sony porting these games for 60 dollars instead of putting them on PS Plus classic’s catalogue.

Watch the reaction.

They are giving what their costumers seem to want. Maybe Nintendo just didn't train their fans to expect everything discounted or on a subscription service, apparently it pays to not devalue your games.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Ico

8 May 2024

Watch the reaction.

i agree, they should copy sony and remaster zelda botw and mario odyssey instead

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
i agree, they should copy sony and remaster zelda botw and mario odyssey instead
Hey, they could even release the remake of Zelda BoTW in the same day as the remake of Horizon.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Ico

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
C.

Outside of Metroid Prime 4 which im hoping will be a launch title for the next Switch, nothing really there for me but im not what you would call a Nintendo fan. lol

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Well WRT Xbox; when they did that "business update" I knew they were never gonna outright confirm the January Discord leak. There was no reason to. The way I see it, their strategy is:

-PC (Steam) Day 1 for all their games
-PS5 & Nintendo Day 1 for all Zenimax & ABK games
-PS5 & Nintendo 6-12 months later for all XGS games

That's what Microsoft's release strategy looks like for me. And by the end of this gen (or when the next Xbox devices launch), even the XGS games will likely be Day 1 on PS & Switch (barring the odd exception like a Flight Sim). MS are just trying to not piss off their diehard console warriors, trying to ease them into accepting the new future and that takes time.

Nintendo is very clear-cut that the only platform they support outside of their own hardware with games, is mobile. And even there, the games are offshoots, and Nintendo always has proper "real" versions of those games exclusive to their systems made by 1P teams, or 3P teams as 2P deals. It's the most minimal amount of messiness for multiplatform as a platform holder, and I can rely on that being the case at least for another full hardware generation from them, if not longer.

Sony/SIE are in this weird space where they say GAAS games are Day 1 on PC to grab a large userbase, but wouldn't the non-GAAS games also benefit from having as large a userbase as possible? A weird space where stuff like Destiny 2 is on Xbox, yet Helldivers 2 isn't? A weird space where LEGO Horizon is Day 1 on Steam, but Astro Bot is a PS5 exclusive? If so, for how long? Would it have been $50 or $40 if it came to Steam Day 1? How is Astro Bot's exclusivity justified by it being "so PlayStation", yet a tentpole IP like Horizon that's massive on PS4 & PS5 somehow isn't "PlayStation enough"?

And it's not even just that. Also things like the Nvidia leak having been 100% spot-on for SIE games, so it's just a matter of when (not if) Demon's Souls & GT7 get their PC ports announced. So is PS5 only going to have 1P exclusives (like, genuine exclusives) of smaller (compared to TLOU, Horizon, Spiderman etc.) IP such as Astro Bot, and dead GAAS games like Destruction All-Stars? How does porting all the other stuff to PC convince some PC gamers to buy a PS5, exactly? My gut tells me it's a line of thinking that makes no sense, because SIE know that goal is unattainable with the way they are handling their porting strategy and look to accelerate it in the future.

Nintendo clearly want to sell people their hardware and their software support strategy backs that up 100% of the way. Clear, concise, to the point. Microsoft doesn't give a damn if you get an Xbox or have a PC, or some TV/tablet with Game Pass. Just as long as you're in their ecosystem somehow (Xbox, Windows, Game Pass) to access their games, that's good enough for them. Their software strategy shows this to be the case. A bit messy in practice, more messy with optics, but enough evidence to show that is clearly what they're doing and PlayStation & Nintendo will be additional platform for their games with parity to Xbox & PC in short order.

Sony are in this weird spot where they of course want to sell people PlayStations, but they "need" to satisfy shareholders and push for growth, so they're taking the easiest-to-implement option and just porting all their stuff to PC. But it's to Steam, a storefront they have no vested interests in, and to Windows OS, an operating system they also have no vested interests in. And their "case by case" mantra is (at least publicly) defined by rules that are contradictory. It's like some truth is being purposefully obfuscated because they hope people, in the midst of the confusion, just default for the console even if some would've chosen to buy those games on PC/Steam instead or whatever else IF they knew the rules more clearly.

I think what trips me up about discussions of Sony’s PC strategy is that it has very little effect on me as a PlayStation owner and consumer because firstly I don’t own a PC and secondly there’s just no way I’m going to wait 2+ years for a port, so essentially nothing changes for me. This does mean that all we can do is speculate about the effects it’s going to have down the line but we won’t know that until much later because right now their console sales are more or less in line with the PS4. The PC strategy does seem like a pipe dream for growth but ultimately it doesn’t mean much for me.

Their GaaS push however was far worse because there’s no way that didn’t affect their SP pipeline, Sony only has so many studios and developers. I’m sure some of these games might be good but they’re not experiences I care much for. Not to mention the optics has been abysmal too so I guess GaaS plus their wishy washy PC strategy just isn’t a good look overall.

Xbox fans are pissed in the comments. 😂

Jesus lmao this man is purposefully poking Xbox fans and it’s pretty funny

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Doesn’t even have to be a new IP when you have games like Earthbound in cold storage.

Arms was garbage and neither was it Nintendos best effort.

Splatoon on the other hand is a major success story.

Yeah a good Earthbound and Golden Sun would be good right about now or Switch 2

Last edited:
  • Shake
Reactions: Muddasar

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Which Playstation gets DRAGGED for... by all parties (Nintendo, Xbox and PC).
SMH!
They would run riot if Sony announced remasters and remakes with other regurgitated crap.
Sony gets rightly dragged for needless remakes and remasters....

Nintendo remakes/remasters stuff from gamecube/gameboy/ds. Games that are no longer accessible. not stuff from a few years ago like Sony 😂

People would be happy if Sony did the same and remastered PS1/2/3 games. Stop trying to act like it's the same thing....And if the Horizon Zero Dawn remake rumor is true then they'll be attacked even more and will deserve it 😑

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Ico and Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Nintendo remakes/remasters stuff from gamecube/gameboy/ds. Games that are no longer accessible. not stuff from a few years ago like Sony 😂

People would be happy if Sony did the same and remastered PS1/2/3 games. Stop trying to act like it's the same thing....And if the Horizon Zero Dawn remake rumor is true then they'll be attacked even more and will deserve it 😑

It's like they purposefully remake and remaster only the games where it's completely unnecessary and it's all just because of PC but they release some PS5 versions to try and save face.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's like they purposefully remake and remaster only the games where it's completely unnecessary and it's all just because of PC but they release some PS5 versions to try and save face.
All of SIE decision making revolves around PC and TV shows now

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
All of SIE decision making revolves around PC and TV shows now
I deeply dislike their approach to movies and TV shows. Instead of enhancing the games with additional and expanded stories (such as something like Arcane) we get inferior, lower quality versions that are worthless to anyone that played the games. As always PlayStation players are put dead last.

They own Aniplex and can't find any synergy between it and PlayStation. Even Valve released a Dota 2 anime.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Really?

What about Mario Kart Deluxe, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Pokken Tournament DX, Mario 3D world, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker etc

All Wii U games.

What about these Wii Games?

Skyward Sword HD, Donkey Kong Country Returns HD, Xenoblade Chronicles and Kirby Return to Dream Land.

Sold at full price too.

This is OK right?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Really?

What about Mario Kart Deluxe, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Pokken Tournament DX, Mario 3D world, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker etc

All Wii U games.

What about these Wii Games?

Skyward Sword HD, Donkey Kong Country Returns HD, Xenoblade Chronicles and Kirby Return to Dream Land.

Sold at full price too

This is OK right?
Yes, really. I specifically games that are no longer accessible...and those games aren't accessible. The Wii U was a great console but a huge failure, the vast majority of people never got to play them, so I don't see an issue with porting them at all.

We all wish Sony did the same with PS3 games. I would love to be able to play Infamous without having to stream it or find my PS3.

Ico

8 May 2024
Yes, really. I specifically games that are no longer accessible...and those games aren't accessible. The Wii U was a great console but a huge failure, the vast majority of people never got to play them, so I don't see an issue with porting them at all.

We all wish Sony did the same with PS3 games. I would love to be able to play Infamous without having to stream it or find my PS3.

yeah, sony did the same when they remastered gravity rush, a vita exclusive, to the ps4 so it could be more accessible and now the game is a cult classic, by now these guys are just forcing themselves to feel angry and claim some false double standards lmao

• they're_right_you_know

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

What do you mean no longer accessible?

These Wii U games are as accessible as others and dirt cheap. Far cheaper than the Switch versions.

What’s your excuse for the Wii games on Switch?

Wii wasn’t a failure yet we see Skyward Sword HD, Donkey Kong Country Returns HD, Xenoblade Chronicles and Kirby Return to Dream Land on it.

Are these inaccessible too? Please.

Ico

8 May 2024
What do you mean no longer accessible?

These Wii U games are as accessible as others and dirt cheap. Far cheaper than the Switch versions.

nuh uh, wii u sold around 13 million consoles, the switch is 100M+, so you could say only 10% of switch owners had the wii u, so yeah, those games arent accessible to 90M+ gamers and its totally fine to port and remaster them =)

What’s your excuse for the Wii games on Switch?

Wii wasn’t a failure yet we see Skyward Sword HD, Donkey Kong Country Returns HD, Xenoblade Chronicles and Kirby Return to Dream Land on it.

Are these inaccessible too? Please.

2006 console, not accessible too ;)

• they're_right_you_know