How do you Rate the Nintendo Direct?

How do you rate June 18th Nintendo Direct?

• A

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • B

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • C

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • D

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • E

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
What do you mean no longer accessible?

These Wii U games are as accessible as others and dirt cheap. Far cheaper than the Switch versions.

What’s your excuse for the Wii games on Switch?

Wii wasn’t a failure yet we see Skyward Sword HD, Donkey Kong Country Returns HD, Xenoblade Chronicles and Kirby Return to Dream Land on it.

Are these inaccessible too? Please.
Sorry....maybe I'm misremembering, is the Switch backwards compatible with Wii games? 😂😂😂

yeah, sony did the same when they remastered gravity rush, a vita exclusive, to the ps4 so it could be more accessible and now the game is a cult classic, by now these guys are just forcing themselves to feel angry and claim some false double standards lmao
This guy is so disingenuous 🤣

Remastering Wii games = Remastering PS4 games

• haha
Reactions: Ico

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
nuh uh, wii u sold around 13 million consoles, the switch is 100M+, so you could say only 10% of switch owners had the wii u, so yeah, those games arent accessible to 90M+ gamers and its totally fine to port and remaster them =)

2006 console, not accessible too ;)

Keep coming with the excuses.

Where do you guys live? Alaska? The Amazon?

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sorry....maybe I'm misremembering, is the Switch backwards compatible with Wii games? 😂😂😂

Bro that's even worse. Nintendo designed their handheld to disallow backwards compatibility and then sold you the same games again.

In both cases, the remakes are for new users coming into the ecosystem, but in Nintendo's it's made much more cynical and devious by the omission of backwards comp.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

You are the one who said Nintendo only remasters/remakes GC/Gameboy and DS games which are several generations old unlike Sony.

They also port from last generation Wii and Wii U.

Great now another excuse.

Sony is being slated for having a backwards compatible console which even allows upgrades to remasters and remakes.

Switch is better cause you buy Wii and Wii U ports at full price cause it isn’t backwards compatible. This is reasonable.

Get your head checked.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Bro that's even worse. Nintendo designed their handheld to disallow backwards compatibility and then sold you the same games again.

In both cases, the remakes are for new users coming into the ecosystem, but in Nintendo's it's made much more cynical and devious by the omission of backwards comp.

Absolute idiot.

No other way to put it.

• sad
Reactions: JAHGamer

Ico

8 May 2024
Keep coming with the excuses.

Where do you guys live? Alaska? The Amazon?

please never change, i know yesterday's direct caused some serious damage to you, but the constant goalpost moving and delusional points made my day

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

It's not worse.... A handheld/hybrid is inherently not gonna allow backwards compatibility. You can't fit a disc in a handheld. So yeah, I'd rather have the games be resold to me than to not be accessible at all. The new users in PS case already have access to these games, Switch owners do not. Their only other recourse is buying a used wii/wii u off ebay and hopefully not get scammed with marked up prices.

You are the one who said Nintendo only remasters/remakes GC/Gameboy and DS games which are several generations old unlike Sony.

They also port from last generation Wii and Wii U.

Great now another excuse.

Sony is being slated for having a backwards compatible console which even allows upgrades to remasters and remakes.

Switch is better cause you buy Wii and Wii U ports at full price cause it isn’t backwards compatible. This is reasonable.

Get your head checked.
I said games that are inaccessible 😂 you chose to ignore that 🤡 The only one making excuses here is you, your corporate slave levels get higher and higher every day

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
please never change, i know yesterday's direct caused some serious damage to you, buty the constant goalpost moving and delusional points made my day

Likewise.

Sony PS5 is a backwards compatible console which even allows upgrades to remasters and remakes. This is Bad.

I’m the deluded one.

Ico

8 May 2024

i mean, on the same generation we had the ps4 without backwards compatibility

Sony PS5 is a backwards compatible console which even allows upgrades to remasters and remakes. This is Bad.

yay, cant wait to turn my ps5 on and buy a lot of my fave ps3 games!! wait, youre telling me they dont offer true backwards compatibility? well, at least they can remake or remaster those games!! WAIT, THEY ARE RELEASING TLOU 2 AGAIN????

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Where do you guys live? The Amazon?

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It's not worse.... A handheld/hybrid is inherently not gonna allow backwards compatibility. You can't fit a disc in a handheld. So yeah, I'd rather have the games be resold to me than to not be accessible at all. The new users in PS case already have access to these games, Switch owners do not. Their only other recourse is buying a used wii/wii u off ebay and hopefully not get scammed with marked up prices.
The alternative was that Nintendo designed a handheld that had a disc drive/slot, not the games being inaccessible because they didn't remaster them.
PSP had one so it's not impossible. There's nothing inherent about the switch not having BC except Nintendo's abject greed.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

yay, cant wait to turn my ps5 on and buy a lot of my fave ps3 games!! wait, youre telling me they dont offer true backwards compatibility? well, at least they can remake or remaster those games!! WAIT, THEY ARE RELEASING TLOU 2 AGAIN????

Bet you are loving the full price Wii and Wii U ports.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The alternative was that Nintendo designed a handheld that had a disc drive/slot, not the games being inaccessible because they didn't remaster them.
PSP had one so it's not impossible. There's nothing inherent about the switch not having BC except Nintendo's abject greed.
Well we're talking about backwards compatibility....the PSP didn't have a disc drive...it had a UMD slot. You can't fit a PS2/PS3 disc into a PSP. It has nothing to do with greed, it's just not physically/technically feasible.

Exactly.... The Switch can't play Wii U games and the PS4 couldn't play PS3 games. Almost all of those Wii U games are playable now and can be bought through traditional means without having to deal with scalpers. While most of those PS3 games will probably never be playable again on modern consoles outside of streaming

So yes @Cool hand luke I'll take Nintendo reselling me these game any day of the week. If Sony ever drops an Infamous or Ratchet and Clank remastered collection, I'd buy those day 1.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony gets rightly dragged for needless remakes and remasters....

Nintendo remakes/remasters stuff from gamecube/gameboy/ds. Games that are no longer accessible. not stuff from a few years ago like Sony 😂

People would be happy if Sony did the same and remastered PS1/2/3 games. Stop trying to act like it's the same thing....And if the Horizon Zero Dawn remake rumor is true then they'll be attacked even more and will deserve it 😑

I'm pretty good to what Sony delivered to play on my PS5.
Have nothing to complain to be fair.

This year is being GOAT... better than last year.

So I can only say the hate Sony receive in forum is undeserved... most of things I see people crying is just non issue.
See the whole Lego game being multiplatform lol

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Likewise.

I’m the deluded one.
Just to give my 2 cents here.

Neither is bad... remasters needs to exists and there are market for them.

What is hypocrisy is the same person calling Sony out saying nothing about Nintendo.
Or well trying to find excuses to make it good for Nintendo and bad for Sony lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Ico

8 May 2024
What is hypocrisy is the same person calling Sony out saying nothing about Nintendo.
Or well trying to find excuses to make it good for Nintendo and bad for Sony lol

no need to worry, im just mimicking his own hypocrisy when he tries to make it good for sony and bad for nintendo

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Well we're talking about backwards compatibility....the PSP didn't have a disc drive...it had a UMD slot. You can't fit a PS2/PS3 disc into a PSP. It has nothing to do with greed, it's just not physically/technically feasible.

Exactly.... The Switch can't play Wii U games and the PS4 couldn't play PS3 games. Almost all of those Wii U games are playable now and can be bought through traditional means without having to deal with scalpers. While most of those PS3 games will probably never be playable again on modern consoles outside of streaming

So yes @Cool hand luke I'll take Nintendo reselling me these game any day of the week. If Sony ever drops an Infamous or Ratchet and Clank remastered collection, I'd buy those day 1.
But it's completely technically feasible. Nintendo would've just had to include a full-sized disc slot on the Switch. Whether that changes its form-factor slightly (or majorly, as I'm sure the argument will trend towards) is totally irrelevant. They could've, they didn't. The innards are pretty much the same. Meanwhile, the Cell is vastly different from the chips used in the PS4/5.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
But it's completely technically feasible. Nintendo would've just had to include a full-sized disc slot on the Switch. Whether that changes its form-factor slightly (or majorly, as I'm sure the argument will trend towards) is totally irrelevant. They could've, they didn't. The innards are pretty much the same. Meanwhile, the Cell is vastly different from the chips used in the PS4/5.
What are you even arguing? No portable console (with the technical exception of the PSP, which encased its discs in a protective covering) has used discs due to the issues that would cause. So yes, the Switch could have had Wii U BC, but only if it ditched the switching aspect and wasn't a Switch at all.

And while it could have run Switch games as DL onlys, that still doesn't work because a Wii U uses two screens most of the time (sometimes always with no off-tv play) while a Switch can only ever use one.

All I can really gain from this argument is the idea that you've never used a Wii U before.