How do you Rate the Nintendo Direct?

How do you rate June 18th Nintendo Direct?

• A

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • B

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • C

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • D

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • E

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • F

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters

Ico

8 May 2024
Nintendo need to stop regurgitating their franchises and selling us nostalgia hits.

Do they really? By releasing they already praised IP on another genres like rpgs, sport games and with new gimmicks like the zelda game they seem to be making money AND making fans happy, thats a rare balance to see nowadays by a game maker

Reactions: Zzero

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Oh great a new IP so that’s OK.

Oh wait.
I think Good-Feel games play like trash but why do you care about "new IP" when the game doesn't play like previous titles in the series? If they had called it a Princess Sophie game and changed the character's hairstyle but nothing else it would have sold worse for the sake of checking off your arbitrary box. To what end? Especially since you would have rightly called it shit anyway.

Reactions: Orangee

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I think Good-Feel games play like trash but why do you care about "new IP" when the game doesn't play like previous titles in the series? If they had called it a Princess Sophie game and changed the character's hairstyle but nothing else it would have sold worse for the sake of checking off your arbitrary box. To what end? Especially since you would have rightly called it shit anyway.

The issue is most Nintendo games are stale. Only the nostalgia keeps you going.

It’s the same shit different day.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Who said I’m not a fan?

Been gaming on Nintendo consoles since the late 80s.

Nintendo need to stop regurgitating their franchises and selling us nostalgia hits.

Id rather them keep to what they are good at. Leave the New Ips to PS and others. Even Capcom and Square and some others cant make good new ip, its not so easy for everyone for some reason.

Nintendo try at least 1 new ip a generation and this time it didnt stick with Arms. Splatoon last gen was a hit for them.

Thing with Nintendo is, they are going to have an interesting generation with the Switch 2. Not so many ports/remasters/remakes left from GC/Wii/Wii U, so they will have to be alot more busy than with the Switch 2 with newer titles. And they will have to update certain graphics whether there art style is good or not. Open area Pokemon and Fire Emblem wont be so acceptable in 3-4 years, so it will require more work than they have ever done before.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Like Sony it should actual exclusive games that are interesting releasing this year.
And again like Sony they had the most interesting multiplatform announces.

I guess I will give the same score... A.

Sony: A
Nintendo: A
Xbox: C (it was B on the day but today we see how anything there were actual games to be released I dropped a point)

BTW The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom is the most must to play games of the whole summer... and releases in September.
Prime 4 was just awkward.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Metroid Prime 4 was the highlight of the show and even it looked dated.

Really disappointing.

Honestly don’t care about the HD remakes and regurgitated games like Mario & Luigi and now a Zelda Awakening.

It’s my biggest issue with Nintendo.

Laughable people are even given this showcase A and B.

The same people would be rioting if Sony remakes and regurgitates shit.

Nintendo can get away with it. People love the nostalgia hit.
Becouse Nintendo remakes games people actually want remade lol
If Sony actually listened to their fanbase for once and revealed a remake of ICO, legend of dragoon, or Gravity Rush, then no one would be complaining.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023

How is it the same though? For the first time in history we get a playable Zelda game, we get a new Mario and Luigi which hasn’t had a new entry in almost a decade. Metroid prime literally hasn’t seen a new game in almost TWO decades. What exactly is getting stale? Nintendo constantly reinvents their IPs, that’s how they’ve stayed relevant and fresh for so long.

Ico

8 May 2024

I mean, going by this wouldnt sony and xbox be stale asf too? there are literally memes about them only making the same games over and over, with sony having the camera over the shoulder and xbox being first person, what keeps people going? graphics maybe?

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Id rather them keep to what they are good at. Leave the New Ips to PS and others. Even Capcom and Square and some others cant make good new ip, its not so easy for everyone for some reason.

Nintendo try at least 1 new ip a generation and this time it didnt stick with Arms. Splatoon last gen was a hit for them.

Thing with Nintendo is, they are going to have an interesting generation with the Switch 2. Not so many ports/remasters/remakes left from GC/Wii/Wii U, so they will have to be alot more busy than with the Switch 2 with newer titles. And they will have to update certain graphics whether there art style is good or not. Open area Pokemon and Fire Emblem wont be so acceptable in 3-4 years, so it will require more work than they have ever done before.

Doesn’t even have to be a new IP when you have games like Earthbound in cold storage.

Arms was garbage and neither was it Nintendos best effort.

Splatoon on the other hand is a major success story.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I'd give them C... I thought it was an extremely mediocre show, I saw maybe 3 games I am interested in.

So I'd say

PlayStation > Xbox > Nintendo

For showcases

Orangee

3 Mar 2024

Wow so just like the majority of Sony AAA games... Or Fromsoftware titles.
Different coat of paint on a similar formula that people enjoy casualy consuming.
They just call It a new IP, but It's a similar formula with a few different game mechnics.

Reactions: Ico

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
How is it the same though? For the first time in history we get a playable Zelda game, we get a new Mario and Luigi which hasn’t had a new entry in almost a decade. Metroid prime literally hasn’t seen a new game in almost TWO decades. What exactly is getting stale? Nintendo constantly reinvents their IPs, that’s how they’ve stayed relevant and fresh for so long.

What reinventions did you see in the games you mentioned?

What makes Metroid Prime 4 different from the 2 decades ago Metroid Prime games? What did you see that I didn’t in the trailer?

What makes Mario & Luigi Switch game different from all the handheld versions released.

What makes Zelda Awakening different from Links Awakening?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

They release a much broader range of genres than anyone else in the business, with the possible exceptions of Microsoft and Sega.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Wow so just like the majority of Sony AAA games... Or Fromsoftware titles.
Different coat of paint on a similar formula that people enjoy casualy consuming.
They just call It a new IP, but It's a similar formula with a few different game mechnics.

Can’t wait to play the next Mario/Zelda to save Peach/Zelda from Bowser/Ganondorf again and again for the last 3 decades.

Of course that’s the same as Sony and From games.

NOT.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Can’t wait to play the next Mario/Zelda to save Peach/Zelda from Bowser/Ganondorf again and again for the last 3 decades.

NOT.
At this point you are just trolling. Mario and Zelda games are not about saving the princess for like over a decade now. They just make new IPs and paste Mario on the box to sell more copies.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
What reinventions did you see in the games you mentioned?

What makes Metroid Prime 4 different from the 2 decades ago Metroid Prime games? What did you see that I didn’t in the trailer?

What makes Mario & Luigi Switch game different from all the handheld versions released.

What makes Zelda Awakening different from Links Awakening?

Echoes has emergent sandbox-y mechanics and again, Zelda as a protagonist is huge.

Mario and Luigi has a fully realized 3D world now and seems to have a lot more dynamic and fluid combat.

They hardly showed anything of Prime so I don’t know what you’re asking of me but again, almost two decades has passed, they haven’t relied on this style of Metroid enough for anyone to call it stale.

Ico

8 May 2024

NOT.

oh dont even tell me man, im dying to kill some gods with kratos again, maybe be a sad father in an apocalypse world fight zombies or making deliveries!? how about fighting dinossaur robots one more time!? count me in! or maybe explore some ruins for some treasures while shooting bad guys with nathan for the fifth time, that would be a fun afternoon... but i guess im in the mood to uhhh, drive a car again when they release gran turismo 8, yeah

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Becouse Nintendo remakes games people actually want remade lol
If Sony actually listened to their fanbase for once and revealed a remake of ICO, legend of dragoon, or Gravity Rush, then no one would be complaining.

Yes we all wanted Donkey Kong Country returns remade.

Thanks Nintendo.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Yes we all wanted Donkey Kong Country returns remade.

Thanks Nintendo.
People did ask for It, and It's just a port of a Wii game. Unlike Sony, who does not bother porting their PS3 games for over a decade now.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
oh dont even tell me man, im dying to kill some gods with kratos again, maybe be a sad father in an apocalypse world fight zombies or making deliveries!? how about fighting dinossaur robots one more time!? count me in! or maybe explore some ruins for some treasures while shooting bad guys with nathan for the fifth time, that would be a fun afternoon... but i guess im in the mood to uhhh, drive a car again when they release gran turismo 8, yeah

At least they are different and so are the stories.

Nintendo can’t even do that.

Sony games are anything but stale. That’s why they take years to make and 100s million of dollars in budgets

Bet you love playing Mario Kart firing Turtle shells at your opponents.