How long till Phil Spencer gets canned by facing the consequences of the ABK deal failure - becoming the fall guy to save Nadella?

Razdaz

25 Sep 2022
I'm not sure when but even in the months before the CMA's decision he all but confirmed he's already being pressured by his superiors to find a successor, and with the potential consequences of the MS-ABK fallout on the Xbox division, I think it's coming much sooner than later.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
He has more chance of picking up more Awards than he has of being fired.

Things work the opposite way they are meant to work at MS i am afraid.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If investors ask for his head, Satya will not die on that hill, he will absolutely can Phil Spencer. I sincerely hope he doesn't, or if he does, that Aaron Cheeseburger takes over.

• haha
Reactions: Killer_Sakoman
D

Deleted member 417

New CEO of ABK - Phil Spencer
New CEO of Xbox - Bobby Kotick

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't think they ever fire him out right. They will let the dust settle, and he will 'retire'.

The other alternative is a move to become a third party publisher and stop dicking around with hardware.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't think they ever fire him out right. They will let the dust settle, and he will 'retire'.

The other alternative is a move to become a third party publisher and stop dicking around with hardware.
Phil Spencer will announce Pentiment 2 as a farewell to Xbox fans.

OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Not happening. No one saw the UK blocking coming. We still have nearly 2 years until this gets closed for good.
IF FTC blocks too, it's a wrap. MS ain't winning no appeal nor going through with it if the FTC piles (which is likely - even if just for optics alone). Someone will pay the price for the massive blunder. Trust and believe it will the disposable salesman first and foremost.

All the same we all know that's code.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 417