How long till Phil Spencer gets canned by facing the consequences of the ABK deal failure - becoming the fall guy to save Nadella?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Tech Power On GIF by Xbox

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think it is most likely that they scrap hardware (Xbox) and concentrate on streaming and subs on other platforms.

In this situation, I think Phil would continue on to oversee until retirement.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings
16 Feb 2023
My theory was that Phil was going to retire not long after the acquisition anyway, setup the narrative that he was the 'saviour of Xbox' set on a good path etc etc then move on. Now I'm not so sure, hard to leave now if the deal doesn't go through and Xbox trending downward not really a legacy to go out on but at this point it may not be his choice to 'retire' depends on how good/bad the underlying financials are I guess.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Honestly Microsoft probably care do little about gaming he will be fine. And I'm fine with Xbox continuing to be run by the village idiots

Lulu will be the only one fired in the end lol

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Not happening. No one saw the UK blocking coming. We still have nearly 2 years until this gets closed for good.
Don't believe PR. Activision cannot not wait. Hiring and investments has to be done for the continuity of their business. 2 years of uncertainty will kill them. They have to make a decision soon. By July they will take their 3 billions and move on.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yep, he’s the best thing to happen to Playstation since Don Mattrick lol.
Actually Don was not very bad for Xbox. Otherwise, He was keen in providing his customers with AAA games. He kept buying big 3rd party exclusives and pushed development of 1st party games. His mistakes were chasing Nintendo with Kinnect and bringing Phil to head game development.

His TV concept wasn't very bad at all. He wanted to make games and tie them with TV shows and movies. Something Sony is successfully doing now. The execution was wrong however. His stupid hardware engineers and Phil screwed him.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Not happening. No one saw the UK blocking coming. We still have nearly 2 years until this gets closed for good.
ABK is a public company. It will be a shareholder / board vote whether the deal should continue

MS will somehow need to build en masse sentiment that they can succeed in appealing and also close EU and US.