How Would You React if We don't Have Sony Showcase for 2024?

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
PS has really been disappointing this gen, especially for me since I haven't really been into most of the games they've actually been releasing, but at least they're not as bad as the $77+ billion embarrassment that is Xbox 🤷🏼 I will continue being disappointed if they have nothing to show yet again, but I have plenty of games to play for now, some of which I don't even have yet such as Baldur's Gate 3 and Persona 4 Golden. I think I'll survive

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
I would just realize that it means the unannounced games all the first party studios have cooking still aren't ready to be shown to the public, and then I would go on with my day.

There are lots of other games on the horizon to look forward to, and thank goodness the PlayStation Studios devs aren't forced on to some yearly release schedule bullshit, they're not being forced to ship games before they're ready.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Days of Play happened in late May during both 2021 and 2022, both times without a Showcase event (2021's Showcase happened in September, and there was none in 2022). Last year we had a really disappointing showcase and later on we had confirmation from Sony that there will be no New games from them until at least april 2025. With Sony's silence it's becoming more and more likely that they don't have anything worth showing.

How would you feel if we didn't have a showcase in May/June and instead Sony drops a few PC port trailers during the Summer Games fest on the 7th of June?
I would cry. I would throw some tantrums and doom and gloom whole gaming..

And i would make a challenge with prizes - Who whining most!?

• haha
Reactions: Umar

voke

Banned
10 Jan 2023
Looking at their first party releases last year and this year, the only studio is actually Insomniac 😂
How did you feel about the first party games earlier in the gen? Gow, GT, Horizon, Returnal? Are guessing you are nagging for ND to drop?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
How did you feel about the first party games earlier in the gen? Gow, GT, Horizon, Returnal? Are guessing you are nagging for ND to drop?
Own them all except Returnal, and love them. My problem is that the output from PS Studios has crawled to shit since a) they started moving to PC and b) bet on a failed GaaS approach only to cancel most of them.

voke

Banned
10 Jan 2023
Own them all except Returnal, and love them. My problem is that the output from PS Studios has crawled to shit since a) they started moving to PC and b) bet on a failed GaaS approach only to cancel most of them.
Own all of them except for the best game released this generation….. what a shame

Reactions: Orangee

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Own all of them except for the best game released this generation….. what a shame
I played it for about 20h, it's just not the game for me, I'm not that good. Maybe I'll revisit in the future.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Looking at their first party releases last year and this year, the only studio is actually Insomniac 😂
At the current rate Insomniac will release Wolverine before SSM, ND, etc, have anything to show. :ROFLMAO:

Something happens that made the development in all Sony internal studios with the exception of Insomniac slow to a crawl. That something is probably Hermen Hulst.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
We are in May yet.

Are you guys a bit anxious?

Rhetorical question is rhetorical.
Even Nintendo fans are Nintendoomed as the normal dates for directs approach and they still haven't heard anything.
This is a group of people who know Nintendo is pretty much on a rock steady schedule 99.5% of the time.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Most people complaining about the lack of showcase, will be the same ones complaining that showcase was ass when it inevitably happens. You forum lot are never pleased.
maybe they just seeking their negativity to be validated?

i don't get it either, always negative. no showcase - bad. showcase - bad. no games - bad. many games - bad.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

voke

Banned
10 Jan 2023
maybe they just seeking their negativity to be validated?

i don't get it either, always negative. no showcase - bad. showcase - bad. no games - bad. many games - bad.
Exactly. I can hardly take those posts seriously because I don’t even have enough time to play everything that’s currently available.

And don’t get me started with people nagging about “FIRST PARTY INTERNAL EXCLUSIVES” If you use that as a metric for how you enjoy gaming, then I feel very sorry for you. How are you gonna dwindle your enjoyment/hype for the hobby down to just a handful of studios?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters