If You Were in Charge Of Playstation, What would you do Differently?

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
lmaoooooo @ all the "cancel PC port" talk.

These ports are coming out at least a year after the fact, they're not hurting anything, and they have the potential to be the better version of most of these games. If they're good ports.

Also, being on Steam is much better for preservation.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Im convinced some of the higher ups at Sony have a personal vendetta against Bloodborne, maybe it was "too hard" for them?
I'd say that when they shipped Bloodborne they already had signed Sekiro with AB and Elden Ring + Armored Core VI with Bandai Namco.

So they were busy to work on Bloodborne 2 next and Sony wouldn't want to make the sequel without them. Regarding a Bloodborne remake/remaster, Miyazaki says he'd look too similar to the original game, so he'd prefer to wait until the next gen, to make a remake that improves it enough as, happened with Demon's Souls.

too many great games are stranded on ps3, and it doesn't seem like sony has a big incentive to ever do back compat.
With the current hardware they can't proper PS3 BC. PS6 instead pretty likely will be powerful enough to emulate it properly.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
With the current hardware they can't proper PS3 BC. PS6 instead pretty likely will be powerful enough to emulate it properly.

I agree it's a huge technical challenge, but even if they could do it technically, I'm not convinced they would. I suspect the only way we're gonna play PS3 games legitimately outside PS3 hardware is if they do a remaster/port.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I agree it's a huge technical challenge, but even if they could do it technically, I'm not convinced they would. I suspect the only way we're gonna play PS3 games legitimately outside PS3 hardware is if they do a remaster/port.
They did PS1, PS2, PSP, PS4 BC for PS5, if it would be technically possible they'd have done PS3 too.

They didn't do Vita I assume because almost all its main games already are remastered or remade for PS4/PS5, or released as crossgen back in the day, or depend on its back touch controls that couldn't be properly mapped to the modern consoles.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
They did PS1, PS2, PSP, PS4 BC for PS5, if it would be technically possible they'd have done PS3 too.

They didn't do Vita I assume because almost all its main games already are remastered or remade for PS4/PS5, or released as crossgen back in the day, or depend on its back touch controls that couldn't be properly mapped to the modern consoles.

I think it has to do with the awkward PSN growing pains on PS3, the cutoff in digital libraries, many of the exciting games having significant multiplayer components that won't work, etc. I want it to happen, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

These ports are coming out at least a year after the fact, they're not hurting anything, and they have the potential to be the better version of most of these games. If they're good ports.

Platform A has a person's favourite games
Platform B does not, but has free online, has mods, has deeper discounts on sales, and has lots of other games also available on Platform A

Platform A's games start getting released on Platform B

Does no one in this person's situation move to Platform B?

Reactions: JAHGamer

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Platform B does not, but has free online, has mods, has deeper discounts on sales, and has lots of other games also available on Platform A

Venue A (Movie Theaters) has a person's favorite movies
Venue B (Home Video) does not, but can be viewed in the comfort of your own home, it may be cheaper, and has lots of other content also available in Venue A

Venue A's movies start getting released in Venue B after a significant exclusive release window for Venue A

Does no one in this situation stop watching movies in Venue A?

Sony is not going to stop releasing games on PC, so get used to it. They're at least smart enough not to do them all day-and-date like the other guys, which does count for something.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Venue B (Home Video) does not, but can be viewed in the comfort of your own home, it may be cheaper, and has lots of other content also available in Venue A

Venue A's movies start getting released in Venue B after a significant exclusive release window for Venue A

Sony is not going to stop releasing games on PC, so get used to it. They're at least smart enough not to do them all day-and-date like the other guys, which does count for something.
I didn't ask for another analogy. I asked you to answer a simple yes or no question. Prove you can do that and we'll go from there.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
  • During the next 10 years, SIE publishing acquires Capcom, Kadokawa, Bandai Namco, Sega, ARC System Works, Square Enix and Hasbro (includes Wizards of the Coast). Like Bungie would be under SIE but not under PS Studios, they'd continue multiplatform but blocking any exclusive for rival consoles and never would include their games in rival game subs or cloud platforms. Sony would always get marketing and demos/beta exclusives plus one timed console exclusive per year
  • PS Studios acquires Arrowhead, BlueTwelve, Ember Lab, Sloclap
  • PlayStation Indies publishing division: in addition to continue supporting indies in exchange of exclusives they'd acquire Devolver, Annapurna and Dotemu, who would be under SIE's PlayStation Indies, to also publish 1st party indies. Indies could keep their own IPs and use Sony ones (both current and classic), and publish in other consoles after 6 months timed console and marketing exclusive. Sony would get 5 years of exclusivity for game subs, any type of exclusive for rival consoles or game subs would be blocked. Hero Project gets expanded with LATAM, MENA, Oceania, South Asia variants

• PlayStation Books would be a new division that would integrate all manga, comics, books, magazines, artbooks business of such companies under their existing labels. They'd have access to all Sony IPs (not only gaming) to make mangas, novels, guides, artbooks and would be expanded to a global market.
  • PlayStation Toys would include toys, figurines, model kits, board games, pen & paper RPGs from the acquired companies giving them access to all Sony IPs, not only gaming. Merging Bandai and Hasbro plus having access to all Sony IP would be the worldwide market leader in year 1
  • PlayStation Arcade would be themed shops would integrate the arcade divisions of all the acquired companies and would sell gaming hardware, accesories and physical games plus all the listed above, in addition to having a bar with themed food and drinks, and tvs for live streaming of eSports tournaments plus trailers of their products
  • New SIE management: Eric Lempel next CEO of SIE, Hermen Hulst head of SIE Publishing (managing the acquired publishers), Scott Rohde head of PS Studios, Shuhei Yoshida head of PlaySation Indies

• P3P, Sony's PC handheld: Runs natively all native PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, Vita, PC and mobile games. Optimized for ultra low latency of Remote Play and PS Cloud gaming, acting as PS6's PS Player 2. Shared
  • PC: Gets PSN PC & mobile store and launcher, which integrates the PS app, remote play and PS cloud gaming, plus shared trophies, friends and cloud saves. GaaS day one on PC, non-GaaS minimum 2 years after original PS release
  • One PSN for all platforms: all PS6, PC, mobile, cloud P3P and PSVR3 games are cross-buy, cross-save, cross-play between all these platforms. Share friend list, trophies, cloud saves. Online MP is free
  • PSVR3: standalone but pluggable to PS6 or PC, features VR and MR
  • DualSense 2: splitable gamepad that would be used for PS6, PSVR3, P3P, mobile, cloud and PC. It could be attached to the sides of a phone, tablet or P3P as a joycon. Force feedback in the "adaptative", drift-free dual analogs.
  • PS6: it would feature a retrogaming focused detachable disc drive, this time compatible with PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS5 games, it would also feature a UMD reader, Vita card reader and a PS1, PS2, PSP and Vita memory card reader. Also compatible with all kind of audio CDs, DVD and Blueray movies

• Firesprite: Replace their MP game for PSVR2 friendly new Wipeout and new Motorstorm games. Turn their horror adventure into Until Dawn 2, codeveloped with Ballistic Moon
  • Media Molecule + Team Asobi: codevelop a reimagined Sackboy Adventures game named Little Big Planet (reboot with no editor). Media Molecule later makes a sequel. Team Asobi grows enough to make at the same time Astro's World (Mario Odyssey like) and Gravity Rush 3
  • Naughty Dog + Bend: Codevelop a woke-free Uncharted 5. Half game with Nate playable, a quarter with young Sully, a quarter with Cassie
  • FromSoft + Bluepoint: Bloodborne 2
  • SSM: Give whatever Cory wants for his new IP, new GoW with Kratos as only protagonist in new mythology, woke free, uncensored GoW1 remake
  • Housemarque: Grow enough to work in both Returnal 2 and a new IP at the same time
  • Guerrilla: Grow them to make a SP only Killzone 4 with support from Bungie, Firewalk, Kojipro and Arrowhead
  • Kojima Productions + Bend: Turn Physint into a Metal Gear-like Syphon Filter reboot / unofficial Metal Gear spinoff

Please don't derail the thread with this another time. We already discussed the consoles vs PC thing countless times in other threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

PC singlehandedly killed PlayStation. At this point, only a time machine can salvage the damage that PC has done

I didn't ask for another analogy. I asked you to answer a simple yes or no question. Prove you can do that and we'll go from there.
these pro PC nerds can never ever answer the most basic questions. They don't care if PlayStation died tomorrow as long as they're able to pirate a few 1st party games. Sony catering to these schmucks over real fans is why PS days are numbered

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
PC singlehandedly killed PlayStation. At this point, only a time machine can salvage the damage that PC has done

these pro PC nerds can never ever answer the most basic questions. They don't care if PlayStation died tomorrow as long as they're able to pirate a few 1st party games. Sony catering to these schmucks over real fans is why PS days are numbered
This post is wild.

1. PlayStation is very much alive, layoffs have hit every video game company out there.

2. What is with the constant piracy accusations on here? I can show you my Steam library with almost every single PlayStation game released to date in it if you’d like.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Can't do it. Noted. And ignored.
I’m honored that you’ll put the work in to click that mouse every time you see one of my ignored posts just to see what I’m saying. Every time you click it, it’ll just make me feel more special.

You just clicked it right now. You know you did.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Streaming almost killed cinema. Movie industry lost billions. Were you living under the rock for the last 3 years?

You just made an analogy which fucked you hard 😂

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This post is wild.

1. PlayStation is very much alive, layoffs have hit every video game company out there.

2. What is with the constant piracy accusations on here? I can show you my Steam library with almost every single PlayStation game released to date in it if you’d like.
1. PlayStation is alive but doesn't have anywhere close to the cachet that it used to. That's undeniable and it's largely due to PC. It's a shell of its former self, and in a few years will be no different from Ubisoft, EA, and the like

2. If it doesn't apply, let it fly.

Reactions: J_Paganel

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Streaming almost killed cinema. Movie industry lost billions. Were you living under the rock for the last 3 years?

You just made an analogy which fucked you hard 😂
Barbie made a billion dollars from theaters in 2023. Dune Part 2 just crossed the $200 million mark since March 1st.

Barbie proceeded to make more money from home viewing after its theatrical window and Dune Part 2 will do the same.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
1. PlayStation is alive but doesn't have anywhere close to the cachet that it used to. That's undeniable and it's largely due to PC. It's a shell of its former self, and in a few years will be no different from Ubisoft, EA, and the like

2. If it doesn't apply, let it fly.
Everything you’ve said so far in this thread is definitely at cruising altitude.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I'd stop porting non-GaaS games to PC, improving the quality of their 1st party releases again to the standards we were used to.

Having their top-tier studios with multiple teams alternating between major titles and smaller titles to fill the gaps and to give their "B" teams time to learn.

Have other smaller 3rd party devs work on dormant IPs, either with ports, remakes, reboots or new entries. Sales were not great, but Sackboy Adventures was a very good game.

Releasing companion mobile apps/games together with their big releases, to suck the money off the whales while the momentum is strong without affecting their real games with GaaS trash and microtransactions.

Stop having "Pro" consoles, which bring further complexity during development.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
-PC ports of GAAS games day one.
-Free online multiplayer.
-Single player games port to PC only after a 3 years window minimun with Denuvo on every game.
-From Software and SE acquisitions.
-Early announcements of games like they used to do.
-Two big E3 like events every year (one being PlayStation Experience).
-New State of Play format (fixed date in the beggining of every month, announcing PS+ additions, dev interviews, game previews, deep dives, etc.. Low key and chill, the idea would be to give more visibility to stuff that would otherwise be just a PS blog post.
-More open development and much better communication.
-Portable able to run previous gen games at 1080p.
-PS3 emulator solution.

Last edited: