If You Were in Charge Of Playstation, What would you do Differently?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yup! I bought it day one and literally 4 months later it was on PS+ ... Talk about throwing Japan Studios under the bus not once but twice lol.

And they didn't even think of doing a quick remaster during the dry periods shortly after PS4 launch.
Finally, an Avatar, and one I approve 110% off.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Barbie made a billion dollars from theaters in 2023. Dune Part 2 just crossed the $200 million mark since March 1st.

Barbie proceeded to make more money from home viewing after its theatrical window and Dune Part 2 will do the same.
facepalm GIF

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Completely axe VR hardware and studios across the board IMMEDIATELY.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
All games were meant to be played on PC? That's some bullshit.

Where possible all games should be played at their best. What's the platform that lets you do that? There's your answer. Otherwise you have to settle for what the developer think it's best for you. Even if you have a ps7 RDR2 is still a 30 FPS game on consoles because the developer doesn't care...

That works for a lot of people but not all.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Whats the problem with wanting to play the games the way they are meant to be played?Why settle for less?
they were meant to be played on PS5, it is created to be on Playstation.

no one is demanding or crying or whining over games like Age of Empires to be on consoles with bullshit like ''they meant to be played''.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
no one is demanding or crying or whining over games like Age of Empires to be on consoles with bullshit like ''they meant to be played''.

Of course not.Why would you want to play an RTS on a console? That like playing a violin with your feet. It can be done but will never be like the real thing.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Where possible all games should be played at their best. What's the platform that lets you do that? There's your answer. Otherwise you have to settle for what the developer think it's best for you. Even if you have a ps7 RDR2 is still a 30 FPS game on consoles because the developer doesn't care...

That works for a lot of people but not all.
1 sec loading times is best played on PS5. majority of PC players plays on 1080p. you have 0 ground to stand with this bullshit.

little timmy with his 1060 card and 1080p has no grounds to lecture what is and isn't best place to play.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
they were meant to be played on PS5, it is created to be on Playstation.
To bad that is all in the past now, new Sony games will clearly be made with PC in mind.

Same stuff happened in the past on PC, pretty much all the long time AAA single player only studios started to target consoles and multiplataform development and the results were not very good.

With very few exceptions PC only games became all about AA games and indies.

It's a lot more fun to have each platform with it's own games made to target that specific audience.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
All games were meant to be played on PC? That's some bullshit. All Sony AAA single player games play extremely well on PS5 and put AAA PC only games to shame.

Why not? There's no capability of a console that PC can't do as well or better. Like this one:

the PC port of God of War is spectacularly good, with meaningful graphical options that scale the game beyond the original PlayStation experience

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Why not? There's no capability of a console that PC can't do as well or better. Like this one:

I don't care, some games are just a much better fit for the console audience and much better enjoyed on the usual console set up. Recently this forum has been inundated with PC master racers trying push this agenda of PC superiority, lame as fuck.

You keep trying to explain PC to me as if I wasn't already playing on PC since the 90s. Go enjoy your botched ports filled with stutter and may they all have Denuvo in them to protect you from yourself.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't care, some games are just a much better fit for the console audience and much better enjoyed on the usual console set up.

Ta falando besteira mao. We are not in the 90s anymore. What's the most popular genre in console gaming? FPS. One of the cornerstone genres of PC gaming.

We are in an era of convergence. PCs can play games from any genre and games that were unthinkable to be released on consoles like flight simulator can be played there as well. There's no need to classify audiences in silos anymore.

I remember not too long ago, the mantra was "PC gamers don't play japanese games" no shit Sherlock, there werent many releases back then. Chicken and the egg situation. All it took was Durante's DS Fix to open the PC market to Japanese games.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Ta falando besteira mao. We are not in the 90s anymore. What's the most popular genre in console gaming? FPS. One of the cornerstone genres of PC gaming.

We are in an era of convergence. PCs can play games from any genre and games that were unthinkable to be released on consoles like flight simulator can be played there as well. There's no need to classify audiences in silos anymore.

I remember not too long ago, the mantra was "PC gamers don't play japanese games" no shit Sherlock, there werent many releases back then. Chicken and the egg situation. All it took was Durante's DS Fix to open the PC market to Japanese games.
I don't play FPS on consoles, try something else.

All you guys keep talking about is how superior PC is, pure bullshit.

You see homegenization as a positive thing, you want PlayStation games made for PC and Nintendo games running on Yuzu, all with no DRM and you don't care how that would affect the games being made. In the end you would end up with just what you already have, pure stupidity.

Reactions: Box

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I don't care, some games are just a much better fit for the console audience and much better enjoyed on the usual console set up. Recently this forum has been inundated with PC master racers trying push this agenda of PC superiority, lame as fuck.

You keep trying to explain PC to me as if I wasn't already playing on PC since the 90s. Go enjoy your botched ports filled with stutter and may they all have Denuvo in them to protect you from yourself.

You evidently need it explained to you because you keep saying incoherent things. There's no "console audience". There's just games. If I plug a computer into a TV and play The Last of Us Pt 1 with a Dualshock, am I "Console Audience"? It's a totally meaningless objection you're raising.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You evidently need it explained to you because you keep saying incoherent things. There's no "console audience". There's just games. If I plug a computer into a TV and play The Last of Us Pt 1 with a Dualshock, am I "Console Audience"? It's a totally meaningless objection you're raising.
What sort of moron have a PC plugged to their living room computer instead of a monitor? Do you carry your PC around when you need to play a keyboard and mouse games? Do you run a HDMI cable around your house? Do you have more than one gaming PCs? Do you stream them? Do you use some sort of janky contraption to use a mouse and keyboard while on the couch? Again with the bullshit.