IGN Entertainment acquires Eurogamer, GI, VG247, Rock Paper Shotgun and more

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

As a result of the acquisition, some redundancies have been made across the UK-based organisation.

Gamer Network’s publications are GamesIndustry.biz, Eurogamer (including six local language editions), Rock Paper Shotgun, VG247 and Dicebreaker. The business also holds shares in Outside Xbox, Digital Foundry and Hookshot (which operates Nintendolife, PushSquare, PureXbox and Time Extension).

IGN Entertainment is the division of Ziff Davis that includes IGN, MapGenie, HowLongToBeat, and Humble Bundle. It has acquired the websites from PAX and New York Comic-Con organiser ReedPop, which initially bought the Gamer Network business in 2018.

Not included in the sale are UK-based events EGX or MCM, or the digital brand Popverse, which remain with ReedPop.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Sell em icon era for a cool million 😉
This fish is not for sale.

Earning Canadian GIF by Raven Banner Entertainment

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
At this point, might as well just buy Metacritic and let the corporate shilling run its way with no boundaries.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
IGN last week: "Our hearts go out to the thousand of people who have lost their jobs because of the studio that have had layoffs across the industry"

Also IGN:

Reactions: arvfab

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
It's not good for one entity to own so much of the commentary and legacy media in gaming.

I hope the identities these sites are maintained.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
I can't say much but from a games industry discord channel I heard about a month ago that eurogamer was almost broke and planning massive layoffs.

Reactions: Gamernyc78