IGN Entertainment acquires Eurogamer, GI, VG247, Rock Paper Shotgun and more

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Just when I thought those publications couldn't get any worse.

I'm surprised IGN still exists to be honest.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Who reads game media anyways? I don't even care for Meta scores since it became so easy to buy 'journalists' with merch and money for good scores.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Who reads game media anyways? I don't even care for Meta scores since it became so easy to buy 'journalists' with merch and money for good scores.
I do but just specific ones. Easy aliies use to be my goto but it's since changed. Now if course it's better to get word of mouth or hop on youtube to gauge from ppl tht don't have a billion followers and endorsements. To much conflict of interest.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I do but just specific ones. Easy aliies use to be my goto but it's since changed. Now if course it's better to get word of mouth or hop on youtube to gauge from ppl tht don't have a billion followers and endorsements. To much conflict of interest.
Yeah Easy Allies was my only go to, but like you said it's changed a lot. First Kyle left and it was a big change and then Jones and it was never the same afterwards.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Push square

Sad Lonely GIF by Pokémon

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I think it will be really interesting to see how closely aligned each of the sites review scores are post merger, versus before.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I think it will be really interesting to see how closely aligned each of the sites review scores are post merger, versus before.
I think everything but GI.biz and DF gets closed within two years. Tis the IGN way. And thats being really generous to assume that those two survive.