IGN Rating for 2023 - Xbox B PlayStation C+

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
What the fuck does buying studios have to with playing games right now????? Showing up at E3? What E3? What does that have to with anything if so?

MS put out mediocre games. One so called big generation defining game and it flopped and failed to do anything for Xbox.

The funny thing is all the things you listed for Sony is exactly the reason why PS5 had a way better year. PSVR2 had more games at launch that the entirety of Xbox first party games since launch. The Portal is selling out and people love it. There’s also the new PS5 model. FF16 was in June. Got nominations at the game awards. Spider-Man 2 got a 90 metacritic rating and sold 5M in 10 days. Also got nominations at the game awards and is voted for game of the year.

3 platform launches and 2 highly rated exclusive games(there are more just talking the 2 big ones)and the complaint you come up with is Sony didn’t buy any fucking studios and are resting on their laurels? With all the products and games that released this year?

You people keep falling for MS bullshit tactics of buying things and wondering about some unproven future. There’s a reason why Green Rats make those pretty PowerPoint pictures of studios with imaginary games. That’s all they have to look forward to. There’s nothing worth anything right now so they keep looking to future and want MS to keep buying. They’re even already talking about next generation.

There is no sane logical universe where Xbox had an equal or better year than PS5. Not since this generation started.

Sony had the quantity AND quality this year. Wake up.
Sony's entire business strategy for PS this generation is praying SE and Disney dont get acquired by a larger entity in an era of mass consolidation while both comapines are taking a beating on their stock value. If im sony id be investing heavily into both while the stock value is low. I hate that its like this, but it is what it is.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
After reading that the scores should be flipped. PlayStation released First Party games this year, as well as good third party games as usual. On top of releasing their PSVR 2 headset and Playstation Portal despite its mixed reviews it seems well received. Meanwhile what has Xbox put out? Starfield is the only thing I can think of and they still haven't tried to innovate anything at all unlike their competitors.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Sony's entire business strategy for PS this generation is praying SE and Disney dont get acquired by a larger entity in an era of mass consolidation while both comapines are taking a beating on their stock value. If im sony id be investing heavily into both while the stock value is low. I hate that its like this, but it is what it is.

Ummm….Ok. You dodged all my points. But ok.

Yes Sony should buy more studios like Square Enix. I beat that drum all the time. SE is a perfect fit for PlayStation. Pearl Abyss too.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is so ridiculous. FF16 and Spider-Man 2 shits on everything that came out on xbox. The media is always doing damage control for Xbox, no matter what the brainless idiots say. It's their favorite ecosystem by far.

Fully-covered from head to toe in Phil's juice and the xbots dare saying there's an Xbox tax and it's trending everywhere. Soon they will just give awards to Xbox for no reason 🤡

I guess money is tight and they need to whore themselves harder to the rich man.

Looks like these guys are in the same boat. Expect more shady articles and pandering to MS harder from now on.

Look at that whore Dring hoping Microsoft buys them directly.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
This is so ridiculous. FF16 and Spider-Man 2 shits on everything that came out on xbox. The media is always doing damage control for Xbox, no matter what the brainless idiots say. It's their favorite ecosystem by far.

Fully-covered from head to toe in Phil's juice and the xbots dare to say there's an Xbox tax and it's trending everywhere. Soon they will just give awards to Xbox for no reason 🤡

Look at that whore Dring hoping Microsoft buys them directly.

Hungry Back To School GIF by Papa John’s

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Xbox is having a better Gen according to IGN? Quite a take honestly.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This could honestly be the last time I look at anything IGN. I don't even care that it's biased, I like bias. It's just boring PR spin. Give me some actual Xbox fans.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I guess money is tight and they need to whore themselves harder to the rich man.

Looks like these guys are in the same boat. Expect more shady articles and pandering to MS harder from now on.

Microsoft’s next acquisition spree…

Reactions: Entropi

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
Ahh, I had no idea IGNs second biggest Xbox shill made this. Makes sense now.

Who's number 1? Is it Destin?

I rate the 4 journalist fanboys in this order

1) Jez Corden (definitely the biggest shill)

2) Destin Legarie

3) Ryan McCaffrey

4) Tom Warren

• Informative
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster