OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Get Out Smile GIF by Get Out Movie

Videos like this will be used as an advanced type of torture by military intelligence / counter-int in the near future.

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
View attachment 769
This is from 2012 and somehow people still listens to this guy.

It's obviously prodigious foresight like this, that kept him so relevant and important.....

I'm just about to check Resetera to see how much they are now citing this video and complimenting Pachter on his 'forward thinking' and 'deep understanding ' of the industry..... as opposed to the CMA..... who really don't know anything according to the same people. :rolleyes:

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
It's obviously prodigious foresight like this, that kept him so relevant and important.....

I'm just about to check Resetera to see how much they are now citing this video and complimenting Pachter on his 'forward thinking' and 'deep understanding ' of the industry..... as opposed to the CMA..... who really don't know anything according to the same people. :rolleyes:
Whatever helps them hold on to hope they will support

24 Jun 2022
Maybe instead of the opening question, he asked "Do you own shares in any of the companies", ie Microsoft to which Practers answer was no, he should have asked "Has Microsoft employed you or have you been paid by them in any capacity to promote their brand?

Never trust sly wording from people.

Interesting you bring that up. Patcher works for Wedbush and I did some research (well, tried to) a while ago to see if Wedbush had any shares in Microsoft. Apparently they don't (at least, they didn't at the time I did research), and....well....here's Dan Ives (of Wedbush Securities)

Go to the 0:55 mark and get a look at their investments. They don't own shares but with "Other Conflicts" they are listed as "Yes". Also this is specific to Dan Ives; other members of Wedbush Securities could own stakes in Microsoft but, since they aren't doing interviews, would not have to publicly disclose that.

Actually...I take that back. It seems that Wedbush Securities DOES own Microsoft shares after all!

A quote:

As of 24th January 2023, Wedbush Securities Inc’s top holding is 2,099,063 shares of Spdr Bloomberg currently worth over $192 million and making up 10.5% of the portfolio value. In addition, the fund holds 953,174 shares of Apple Inc worth $124 million, whose value fell approximately 0.1% in the past six months. The third-largest holding is Vanguard S&p 500 worth $93.4 million and the next is Microsoft worth $50.3 million, with 210,159 shares owned.

So, Michael Pachter's employer absolutely holds shares in Microsoft, even if Pachter himself doesn't. And since he represents Wedbush Securities when he does these interviews, he's going to speak on terms most reflective of Wedbush's best interests. Wedbush would obviously want the MS/ABK deal to go through because that increases the value of their shares.

That money trail is like a snake...

EDIT: Beaten by Fenton by like a minute 😱

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Interesting you bring that up. Patcher works for Wedbush and I did some research (well, tried to) a while ago to see if Wedbush had any shares in Microsoft. Apparently they don't (at least, they didn't at the time I did research), and....well....here's Dan Ives (of Wedbush Securities)

Go to the 0:55 mark and get a look at their investments. They don't own shares but with "Other Conflicts" they are listed as "Yes". Also this is specific to Dan Ives; other members of Wedbush Securities could own stakes in Microsoft but, since they aren't doing interviews, would not have to publicly disclose that.

Actually...I take that back. It seems that Wedbush Securities DOES own Microsoft shares after all!

A quote:

So, Michael Pachter's employer absolutely holds shares in Microsoft, even if Pachter himself doesn't. And since he represents Wedbush Securities when he does these interviews, he's going to speak on terms most reflective of Wedbush's best interests. Wedbush would obviously want the MS/ABK deal to go through because that increases the value of their shares.

That money trail is like a snake...

EDIT: Beaten by Fenton by like a minute 😱
yep, it's just the way the question was asked, it's like angled in a certain direction to deceive.

Well done to @Fenton and you for finding it.

These people are just not trust worthy.

24 Jun 2022
yep, it's just the way the question was asked, it's like angled in a certain direction to deceive.

Well done to @Fenton and you for finding it.

These people are just not trust worthy.

I'm surprised they're able to publicly play this coy and act like they have no financial incentives in the deal going through the way Microsoft wants.

Their opinions can't be trusted.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Maybe I’m understanding this wrong but I’ve always thought MS wants to bleed the competition to death so it can position itself as the only one standing in the aftermath. Gamepass is only a piece of that puzzle and buying publishers to keep games away from the competition adds to that strategy (yea Nintendo and Geforce now really don’t matter that much)

Clearly it’s not working yet but owning call of duty is a big step towards that goal.

I really hope that not the case or that they fail in the process. A monopoly emerging from MS cash resources and their incompetence doesn’t benefit anyone.
They will destroy call of duty just like they’re taking Bethesda into irrelevancy. Starfield will flop like everything else. Games go to the Xbox to die.

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple
11 Feb 2023
They will destroy call of duty just like they’re taking Bethesda into irrelevancy. Starfield will flop like everything else. Games go to the Xbox to die.
How dare you doubt the success of Starfield? I predict Starfield will be downloaded atleast 50 million times with 10 billion space rocks trampled. Of course only 3% of the players will get the achievement for taking the first step in the game, but that is still a massive, humongous success by any standards.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Actually, Microsoft’s curse is a real thing. Consistently they been destroying anything they buy. It’s not a far fetched assumption the same will happen again.

As for Patcher he only gets relevant when he goes to defend MS…
Xbox One was his last “greatest hit” then he faded into obscurity only to resurface again.

Reactions: Swift_Star