In September Xbox Live Gold will be renamed to Game Pass Core, Games with Gold to be replaced with a PlayStation Plus Collection equivalent

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Good, they've needed to simplify this shit for a decade or so now. Fewer tiers, fewer brand names, fewer price points (and no more weasel deals, put your price right and stand by it.)

edit: They need to fuck off with the PC and Console plans though. Either nothing/free access to the store, Core or Ultimate.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Also, FWIW, that price is dogshit for what you get, compared to just regular Game Pass. At a dollar's difference, who is going to choose Core over regular Game Pass tier? I thought maybe they could've done what's described in Core with an ad-supported tier that's actually a bit value-orientated, say $4.99/month. As-is Core still looks like terrible value compared to any of the other tiers.
The GamePass console tier thats an extra dollar doesn't give you online play. To play online it's either Core or Ultimate

Reactions: Plextorage

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I also feel like Sony will drop their free games soon as well. Especially if Msoft doesn't lose many customers with all these changes. It feels like they want to force gamepass on everyone imo.
I hope not, unlike Games with Gold the games have actually been pretty good, just beat Alan Wake for the first time now cuz of PS Plus, now I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Its like plus esencial and ps collection but much much worse, and Still some People are cheering this, we live on Strange times for sure

Also the cheapasses who use rewards for getting gamepass are sweating right now

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Following their tradition of copying PS Plus and PS Now, now seems that Microsoft liked Sony's idea of merging their two subscriptions, and also the PlayStation Plus Collection:
  • In September 1st, XLBG will get replaced by the new 'Game Pass Core' GP tier (same $9.99/month price as before, continues being the requirement to play online multiplayer)
  • Xbox Live and Xbox Live Gold brands will dissapear
  • The new tier includes 25 games, a PlayStation Plus Collection equivalent
  • Live Gold subbers will be transfered to 'Game Pass Core' tier

Copy Paste, m$ MO.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I believe they axed the PS Plus PS5 collection. Did they replace it with something similar since?

Games with Gold had terrible software offerings. Plus Essential actually tends to have one good pick out of the three drops a month.

When online paywalls are mandatory for you the perks seem nice but those paywalls shouldn’t exist.

Plus needs a rework too. I expect some changes now to follow this in some form. Premium tier for PS Plus is a joke.

Remove online paywalls and cut price by rolling PS plus premium features into extra. Also partner with Apple TV+ or HBO to have a streaming service available as part of the sub by included discount or promotion. Especially as they plan to triple down on game IP film and tv adaptations.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Second tier does't even include online? This is clearly designed to just inflate numbers and other than copying PS+ Collection they only made it worse. Now we'll at least finally get to know if they had 30m+ Gold subscribers like Xbots liked to pretend.

PC being $9.99 without needing to pay for online while Console tier is $10.99 whit no online included and no monthly games just show how much Xbox fans are suckers.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
GamePassCore-Grey-Logo-29ec9c6e6367df1bf5b3.jpg

Today, we’re continuing our commitment to give players more choice and value by introducing Xbox Game Pass Core, launching on September 14. Game Pass Core is the evolution of Xbox Live Gold. Game Pass Core will give players access to our advanced multiplayer network, a select collection of over 25 games to play with friends around the world, and exclusive member deals, all for $9.99 USD per month or $59.99 USD per year.

For over twenty years, Xbox players have been connecting via Xbox Live to compete, cooperate, and experience the world’s biggest online multiplayer games. In 2017, we introduced Xbox Game Pass which provided a curated library of games. Game Pass Core brings online play together with Game Pass in a new offering for gamers around the world.

With this evolution, we’re saying farewell to Games with Gold. We wanted to use this opportunity to re-imagine how to include content with this subscription. We found that the answer to the most compelling catalog was to leverage select titles from our Xbox Game Pass catalog.

Our launch collection of more than 25 titles from Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda, and our content partners will offer something for everyone to play on their Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles. Today we’re confirming the following titles for launch*, with more to be announced in advance of September 14. New titles will be added 2-3 times a year.

• Among Us
  • Descenders
  • Dishonored 2
  • Doom Eternal
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears 5
  • Grounded
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  • Human Fall Flat
  • Inside
  • Ori & The Will of the Wisps
  • Psychonauts 2
  • State of Decay 2
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
*Game library may vary over time and by country.

Game Pass Core SKU Chart

For current Xbox Live Gold members:

• On September 14, Xbox Live Gold members will automatically become Game Pass Core members, with no change in pricing, and have immediate access to a new library of over 25 high-quality games.
  • Member deals & discounts will also be part of Xbox Game Pass Core.
  • Games with Gold will come to an end on September 1.
  • Players can continue to access any Xbox One games they previously redeemed through Games with Gold if they remain a Game Pass Core or Game Pass Ultimate member.
  • Regardless of subscription status, any Xbox 360 titles redeemed via Games with Gold in the past will be kept in a player’s library.
Thank you to everyone who has been with us since the early days, joined along the way with friends, and now with us in Xbox Game Pass. I’m proud and humbled by the stories we hear about online teammates becoming real-life friends after years playing, or even marriages whose initial spark was ignited in a pre-match lobby. We can’t wait to hear more from the community when it launches on September 14, and we’ll see you online!

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
downgrade and what is wrong with their marketing team. This is a dogshit name

Reminds me of how these "hardcore" gamers thought of the new Ps Plus Tiers and System and it ended up being decent and successful

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It’s an insidious way to manipulate people into getting GamePass ultimate, for $1 more you can get a 15x larger GamePass catalog but you lose online access. For an extra $6 you can get your online access back. Giving people the illusion of choice

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
What is the point of having $1 dollar off between different tiers? they might as well simplify it and have just one. I feel the same about PS Plus Extra and Premium, there is no reason to "save" one dollar and miss on classic games and trials. We should have Essential and Premium in my opinion, and is much clearer for new people.

Reactions: Vertigo

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
What is the point of having $1 dollar off between different tiers? they might as well simplify it and have just one. I feel the same about PS Plus Extra and Premium, there is no reason to "save" one dollar and miss on classic games and trials. We should have Essential and Premium in my opinion, and is much clearer for new people.
They know it’s dumb and they purposely do it to push you into the most expensive tier

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
That fat ass with a lip ring and makeup trying to look good for who? Cant get her neck giggle out of my head 😂 😂😂

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
downgrade and what is wrong with their marketing team. This is a dogshit name

Reminds me of how these "hardcore" gamers thought of the new Ps Plus Tiers and System and it ended up being decent and successful
Its MS they are not creative at all

Reactions: Luffy123

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
So, Gamepass Ultimate also loosing GWG games. And no online multiplayer ( outside F2P games) for mid tier Gamepass. LOL