Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Nest thing for Xbox gamers is for Xbox to go away

I don't want Xbox to go away. I'm not a Nintendo guy at all so to potentially only have PlayStation would be boring as fuck for me. My best generation was PlayStation/Saturn/Nintendo 64/3DO. I loved all the different console brands and what they each offered.

The worse part is that they just acquired ABK and you would think that any company would give it the rest of this generation and next generation to see how it all plays out.

I'll put it this way... There's nothing any Xbox fan could have done this generation.

They were put on this path long ago.

Xbox fans can't be faulted for their loyalty and optimism.

Let's see how it plays out.

Sadly, I agree. In my mind, it just doesn't make any sense because when you look at what Microsoft has done since June 2018 by announcing 4 studio acquisitions and the founding of The Initiative, it's been less than 6 years and less than 3 years since the Bethesda acquisition became official. I just don't understand their mentality behind putting their first party games elsewhere outside of Minecraft and COD. And even with COD, if it was me, I never would have offered it to Sony or Nintendo. PC and Nvidia and all that is fine because I personally don't view that platform the same as I do consoles. I would have forced regulators to require me giving COD to Sony and/or Nintendo which I don't believe that they would have because they all seemed more much interested in Cloud and the larger scope around that than consoles which will always have a ceiling and never truly grow because it's the same fans just buying the new version of what they already owned.

Worse of all is that Microsoft's messaging since Xbox One reveal has been abysmal. I don't see how they could possibly have messaging that makes sense to any Xbox fan/fanboy/loyalist/extremist. What would be hilarious even though it wouldn't happen because it's basically free money for Sony would be if Sony rejected all other games and said, no, we actually want you to compete instead of giving us everything. lmao. This won't happen but if it was up to me, I would reject Microsoft's games. I wouldn't license them outside of Minecraft and COD.

Reason being is because I would want them to compete and my mentality as someone who's competitive, I would want to see what they can go. I would be like, come on, you're a $3T dollar company, at least make it interesting from a competitive standpoint. But sadly, Microsoft has never had a clue when it comes to console gaming and the Xbox brand.

Just get that PlayStation now and become.

Rest assured, we will love you Peter :love:

You do realize that im the same Peter that was here last June right? I already own a PlayStation 5 and have done so since February 14th, 2021. I will be playing Rebirth, Ronin and Blade at or very close to launch. :)

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Xbox hardware dying is only a doomsday scenario for Xbots and maybe the idiots in charge of Xbox like Phil Spender, to pretty much everyone else it's either good or irrelevant.

Investor would love for MS to not have to carry Xbox dead weight and most players already don't care about Xbox hardware.

Xbox fans can't be faulted for their loyalty and optimism.
Yes they can. It's their fault for being so gullible.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Xbox hardware dying is only a doomsday scenario for Xbots and maybe the idiots in charge of Xbox like Phil Spender, to pretty much everyone else it's either good or irrelevant.

Investor would love for MS to not have to carry Xbox dead weight and most players already don't care about Xbox hardware.

Yes they can. It's their fault for being so gullible.
Xbox needs Hardware and I dunno why some PlayStation fans keep thinking Xbox is gonna abandon this market

fod

3 Feb 2024
I game on both consoles. To think that some gamers because of sheer loyalty to one console will never get to play some absolute gems is stupidity. I've always been against exclusives. Now I would never see Nintendo offer anything on other consoles. But why not allow Xbox and playstation be cross platform with timed exclusives.

Gaming is at a point with mass layoffs and costs going through the roof. To outlay those costs you need to sell more games or increase the price of games. Whatever happens it will cause outrage. Starfield for example, how many copies will it sell on playstation. Sales saves jobs.

Personally with timed exclusives I'd still buy both consoles to play day 1. I wouldn't be harsh on Microsoft over it, I'd give them the credit a move like that deserves. It's bringing gaming to everyone, allows those with the means to only game on one console explore everything across two ecosystems. If it's a one way street where Sony says we will take and not offer you would have to question Sony's choice more than Microsoft's.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Xbox releasing strategic games to get money, MAU and ongoing revenue streams from their competitiors and that's all it will be.

Tentpole games still ain't coming to PlayStation
Why? This is the same thing people used to say about PlayStation games going to PC ("it's only going to be last gen games", "it's only GaaS", "it won't be the big IPs"), pure cope.

If it makes sense for small games it makes even more sense for bigger games. Do you think Xbox is about to become more appealing to people? It's selling like shit, with this stuff it will only lose momentum further increasing the likelihood that they'll just embrace being a third (Bethesda + Blizzard + Activision are already way bigger than the regular XBox studios and Xbox hardware).

The moment Starfield failed miserably to change the direction of Xbox Series sales it was over.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Xbox releasing strategic games to get money, MAU and ongoing revenue streams from their competitiors and that's all it will be.

Tentpole games still ain't coming to PlayStation
Yeah, guess what that will do? People will ask for those tentpole games and when told no, they won't buy the games on the ps5 cause why bother?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You do realize that im the same Peter that was here last June right? I already own a PlayStation 5 and have done so since February 14th, 2021. I will be playing Rebirth, Ronin and Blade at or very close to launch. :)
I find that highly insulting, Peter; of course, I knew ffs.

Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Let's say that in 2027 MS announces the Xbox Series 2, how much of an idiot do you have to be to stick to that platform and believe any of their promises one more time? Any normal person that still hasn't done so will chose a PlayStation or PC instead and just move on.

Does anyone honestly believe when people bought a Series console in 2020 they were doing so because they were looking forward to playing the likes of Avowed, Hellblade 2 and fucked up first person Indiana Jones? Stop it, time to accept that Xbox is dead.

PS5 already had huge games like God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, GT6, FFXVI, Spider-man 2, what has Xbox had? Does Xbox has anything that is even comparable to the likes of TLoU Pt 2, GoT, Miles Morales, Demon's Souls? Games that PlayStation released 4 years ago... Does Xbox even has something that is on the same ballpark as TLoU Pt 1?

Xbox is a complete joke.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yeah, guess what that will do? People will ask for those tentpole games and when told no, they won't buy the games on the ps5 cause why bother?
Well let's see how this plays out tho. But it's smart of them to bring over games like Sea of Thieves and smaller games that really are just fillers on Game Pass.

Less than 4 million people played HiFI through Game Pass is there's nothing to lose putting stuff like this everywhere

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Why? This is the same thing people used to say about PlayStation games going to PC ("it's only going to be last gen games", "it's only GaaS", "it won't be the big IPs"), pure cope.

If it makes sense for small games it makes even more sense for bigger games. Do you think Xbox is about to become more appealing to people? It's selling like shit, with this stuff it will only lose momentum further increasing the likelihood that they'll just embrace being a third (Bethesda + Blizzard + Activision are already way bigger than the regular XBox studios and Xbox hardware).

The moment Starfield failed miserably to change the direction of Xbox Series sales it was over.

Those Tentpole games will not be launching on PS5 and if they do they will come once Microsoft has exhausted them. But this is all speculation. I can see them bringing over older Tentpole games but ... They aren't gonna crater their business beyond repair the way you guys are thinking

• Peachy
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Those Tentpole games will not be launching on PS5 and if they do they will come once Microsoft has exhausted them. But this is all speculation. I can see them bringing over older Tentpole games but ... They aren't gonna crater their beyond repair the way you guys are thinking
Their sales already cratered. They have NOTHING to lose. They're tracking behind Xone, which was horrible and almost caused Xbox to be sold off. They simply can't sell hardware, they're done.