Banned
8 May 2023
😂😂😂😂

GFjPokBXgAESFoU.png

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
View attachment 4044
This is ridiculous. Why? Just so they can fail 3 times in a row? Sounds like cope so they don't kill themselves.
Because they’re still committed to GamePass. They know that PS and Nintendo will never accept it on their platform and most PC players don’t care about it. So they want to continue to sell hardware to sell the service.

Reactions: Diah

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Imagine having to live with the tag xcloudtimdog after this betrayal, you hate to see it.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

All this talk about Sony now charging more for consoles while glosing over the fact that it's Microsoft that's sells consoles with daddy paying $200 on every console sold.

Pretty sure MS would've loved to sell series x for 699, if it wasn't for Sony keeping them honest
Should change it to XclownTimdog :LOL:

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
I always viewed the hardcore console warriors on X who centered their entire identities around allegiance to a specific console manufacturer as if they were diehard fans of some sports team to be really peculiar, but the ones who stuck around and dug their heels in with Xbox after the Mattrick shenanigans and the failed Xbox One generation are a special kind of odd. A lot of us who have spent enough time in these gaming forums know who these usual suspects are, but seeing their reactions to all of these rumors is absolutely wild.

Don't get me wrong, this news also bums me out because it indicates to me that in the long term, Microsoft is doing a complete about-face on their strategy that they've had for the better part of a decade to build up a really impressive stable of first party developers. The whole point of doing that was to go all in on Xbox and not necessarily run these dev studios as a traditional multiplatform publisher would, but instead spare no expense making amazing games that make the Xbox platform a more attractive choice than its competitors. First party games aren't primarily made to sell as many copies as possible as quickly as possible. the console manufacturers pour tons of money into them to make their platform more attractive. If that mission statement is changed, the incentive to pour tons of said money into these games that may not get an immediate return is no longer there. This will change the types of games that get made by these developers in the future. I reckon it'll lead to a whole lot more studio closures than we would like to see too. It's a shortsighted move and it feels to me like the rug is being pulled out from under the Xbox leadership. When this is all said and done, I could totally see the consequences to this change in direction making an even worse mess than Embracer.

All that being said, the people I mentioned earlier are taking this situation way too personally and they should probably look into something else to make your whole identity. Perhaps some touching of grass needs to be involved.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Holy Shit, we missed some of the gem from that trainwreck thread in resetera before, like this one:

"You Nintendo and Sony fans are to blame. You all refused to support the third wheel (Xbox) and now you're going to have to reap what you sowed.

Higher console prices, less innovation, and less urgency. Sure, you may now have more access to a wider selection of games, but at what price? The long term landscape may forever be doomed and the guilt will not be easily washed away with marathon sessions of Halo and Forza.

There's digital blood on your hands. Shame."

It really is an echo chamber over there, isn't it? The issues with Xbox have been known for years now - over focus on Game Pass, mediocre first-party offerings/Game Pass fodder, lack of interest and effort in expanding beyond their key markets, Series S, etc. Many people have spoken about it only to get shouted down by Xbox super fans and influencers. As well, many of us are just not susceptible to MS' 'evangelize' process.

I only looked at the thread for a bit, but it's full of comments about how bad things are going to get for the console industry if MS leaves. I get that it's what they need to tell themselves to feel better, but the so-called vision for gaming that MS was peddling was not one I ever wanted to see come to fruition. If MS is getting out or eventually gets out of the console business, it will only be a positive change. It's true that competition is a good thing, but XBox hasn't been providing that since the 360 days. All they've done is consolidate, try to mold gaming into a subscription service, and create an unbelievably toxic environment around gaming.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
It really is an echo chamber over there, isn't it? The issues with Xbox have been known for years now - over focus on Game Pass, mediocre first-party offerings/Game Pass fodder, lack of interest and effort in expanding beyond their key markets, Series S, etc. Many people have spoken about it only to get shouted down by Xbox super fans and influencers. As well, many of us are just not susceptible to MS' 'evangelize' process.

I only looked at the thread for a bit, but it's full of comments about how bad things are going to get for the console industry if MS leaves. I get that it's what they need to tell themselves to feel better, but the so-called vision for gaming that MS was peddling was not one I ever wanted to see come to fruition. If MS is getting out or eventually gets out of the console business, it will only be a positive change. It's true that competition is a good thing, but XBox hasn't been providing that since the 360 days. All they've done is consolidate, try to mold gaming into a subscription service, and create an unbelievably toxic environment around gaming.
It's one less entity making games with the first party loss leader model. Third-party multiplatform publishers rarely take the big swings that these console manufacturers do with their biggest games. Microsoft becoming a third party multiplatform publisher and ditching their Xbox platform would be a monumental loss for the industry, because who will compete with Sony in such an event? Lack of competition breeds complacency.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It's one less entity making games with the first party loss leader model. Third-party multiplatform publishers rarely take the big swings that these console manufacturers do with their biggest games. Microsoft becoming a third party multiplatform publisher and ditching their Xbox platform would be a monumental loss for the industry, because who will compete with Sony in such an event? Lack of competition breeds complacency.

Xbox hasn't been taking the "big swings" for a long time now. They've been attempting to buy them them instead. As well, Xbox consoles' existence isn't competition. They actually have to be doing well.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
The "who else can stand up to Sony" argument is easily demonstrably wrong. Nintendo makes more profit than them. Sony has always had competition from Nintendo. Did people ever think about how much third party support Nintendo lost to Xbox over the years?

Of course, competition is always welcome. But good competition, where the focus is product differentiation, true innovation and actual quality, not childish "6 > 4" or "12 > 10" nonsense. Microsoft has never had the taste or company culture that breeds creativity.

Sony and Nintendo earned their place with hard work, not by buying out publishers. We need a competitor who deserves to be there. Microsoft does not.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The only thing that scares me with this move is that a lot of Xbox evangelists have the same profile as school shooters. They are mentally unstable, they think the world is out to get them, they absolutely hate women that are not overly sexualised, and they worship a cardboard leader.

With all of their foundations crumbling, I can definitely see a tragedy happen if they are pushed too much. And Microsoft should be made liable for it.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
What are you talking about? Sony is not a loss leader both in games and consoles.