Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Screenshot-20240203-210904-Chrome.jpg
Then after a bunch of suckers pay for their hardware once again Gamepass will inevitable make it's way to PlayStation just like EA Play did.

Just stop buying MS hardware and the problem will sort itself out.

Reactions: Deleted member 1154

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Nah playstation won't let gamepass on PS as long as microsoft has a box
Of course they would, just like they allowed EA Play. The only thing they'll demand is that only MS published games be included (that's why becoming a huge publisher was necessary).

Once Xbox hardware is dead, they'll either kill Gamepass or get it into PlayStation/Nintendo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Of course they would, just like they allowed EA Play. The only think they'll demand is that only MS published games will be included (that's why becoming a huge publisher was necessary).
That's not the same gamepass then

16 Feb 2023
Trying to drag this all out till spring rather than get on top of the narrative?
Sounds like a terrible decision, which is why I can 100% see Xbox going for it. Their communication/marketing has been absolutely awful this whole generation

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Of course they would, just like they allowed EA Play. The only think they'll demand is that only MS published games will be included (that's why becoming a huge publisher was necessary).

Once Xbox hardware is dead, they'll either kill Gamepass or get it into PlayStation/Nintendo.
Sony will still not allow it since they can afford to reboot their hardware in 10 years.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Clown thinks MS is putting the entire business on the strength of "Day 1".......ah day 1 aint causing any one on PS and nin to monkey branch off their current platform and onto xb.

All i need to see was "metrics driven" to tell me their shit is going multiplat day 1 on everything. Sub to gp and get it for cheaper is the only advantage they will have.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That's not the same gamepass then
Nobody cares about anything on Gamepass other that the rare big MS published game that releases day 1. It will also end being cheaper since it won't include paid online or third-party games.

But I could also see them simply giving up on Gamepass and specially day one games soon, it's just not working at all.

Trying to drag this all out till spring rather than get on top of the narrative?
Sounds like a terrible decision, which is why I can 100% see Xbox going for it. Their communication/marketing has been absolutely awful this whole generation
They still have to move the remaining Xbox inventory first, they already stopped producing physical games. Their hardware business is shutting down.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Deto

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
TBF Skyrim was & still is a buggy mess 10 years later it was atleast fun though lol
it'll be less buggy on PlayStation cause a lot of patches will be released in the meantime, but can you imagine the crying it will be if the PS5 Pro runs a game like Starfield at 60fps and Xbox is stuck to 30? man oh man, it'll be a bloodbath

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
it'll be less buggy on PlayStation cause a lot of patches will be released in the meantime, but can you imagine the crying it will be if the PS5 Pro runs a game like Starfield at 60fps and Xbox is stuck to 30? man oh man, it'll be a bloodbath
I wouldn't count on that though the Devs couldn't even add 60fps to skyrims anniversary update despite there being a community mod that does it 🤣

24 Jun 2022
Games they can center huge marketing around that has some mind share. Halo, Gears, Forza.. they are pushing for Fable to be an AAA game again we'll see. Obviously their games aren't on the level of a Sony / Nintendo Tentpole anymore but I was referring to their AAA games.

But you just named a lot of their AAA and they've done that exact strategy and it hasn't worked out for them. In fact it's working out less than it ever did in the past.

I will keep saying this: as long as all Xbox 1P games are also Day 1 on PC, Xbox will never have an identity valuable enough to drive hardware sales. The people getting bent out of shape about the multiplat rumors coming out now, should have been questioning things back in 2015/2016 when the Day 1 PC initiative was announced. Instead they accepted that with open arms, and if PC has become increasingly competitive with consoles for similar audiences in most, ever-growing amounts...what difference is there really between being Day 1 or late porting to PC vs. being Day 1 or late-porting to PlayStation or Nintendo?

I can't take the Indiana Jones game they showed seriously, Shadow of the Tom Raider was far more impressive for it's time and bombed hard.

Can def understand why many are hesitant about it, and I'm still worried they're going to veer off with forced stuff the way the recent movie did. The new female character even slightly reminded me of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's character from Dial of Destiny :/. But it has promise IMO, and it did get some spaces outside of gaming talking about Xbox in a way they haven't done the entire gen so far, not even with Starfield (which was an obvious disappointment).

Personally tho and at large I'm sure myself and most are definitely anticipating a new Tomb Raider or especially Uncharted far more than Indiana Jones. Just that IJ is lucky in a sense new installments for either aren't seemingly coming this year or next.