Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

Jivesh1995

20 Jun 2023
South Africa
brotaku.net
Jez says him leaving twitter isn't because of Xbox. He also says he doesn't know what will happen, but he thinks MS abandoning exclusives is a bad idea (despite exclusives not doing much for them against Playstation so far).

He also says MS will be cautious in what they say because of the ftc.
Jez is a poes

I don't personally care about whether MS starts to 3rd party process or not, I just wanna see these shills get a taste of what they've been begging for

Reactions: Swift_Star

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Actually I think the verbiage changed for everybody later in 23’, Phil hasn’t lied he just said no plans for gamepass on PS5, even if Starfield were an 11 it wouldn’t hurt PS5, they lost the console war, digital library is a determining factor in favor of PlayStation, they want to be everywhere…

Think it wasn’t set in stone how it would work and they waited for the holiday to see what would happen, and their worst predictions came true.

But we will see what happens. I get a feeling Helblade 2 is coming out on PS5 this year.
Doesn't make sense for hellblade 2 to come to PS5 when Playstation hasn't even gotten the first one.

Jez saying leaving Twitter has nothing to do with Xbox is absurd. It's what the guy does on there.
It would be better if he just stayed off of Twitter permanently instead of just temporarily disappearing because he can't handle being chewed out.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
That’s unsurprising. This stuff takes a few months to assess. They most likely developed a business case where it clearly shown going multiplat was better than staying exclusive.
Would it be around the time major nelson left and sarah bond had a promotion

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Remember the leak that got everything right and said end of February, seems like MS really want to stick to that timeline. :ROFLMAO:

They probably want to get as many of the current Xbox sold as they can before killing it with the announcement.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Anyone feeling good, like me?

I kinda feel like celebrating for some reason....I think everyones a winner from this.

Have some Hot Chocolate

• fire
Reactions: Nhomnhom

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I just remembered that when Phil did that interview with the Xcast last year he said that an 11 out of 10 game won't make a difference for them. He was basically implying back then that they saw exclusives as less important.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I j8st remembered that when Phil did that interview with the Xcast last year he said that an 11 out of 10 game won't make a difference for the.. He was basically implying back then that they saw exclusives as less important.

If the hosts were smart or honest, they would have immediately asked, "why did you spend billions on publishers then?"

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
My guesses on what the outcome of this will be.

- Announcing the Streaming Stick with a future date (vague as fuck as this is years out but enough to show that MS gaming will be continuing and you can play your digital library on it)

- Announcing Project Xbox One The Third [aka the next gen console] with vague details and no concrete year. Show a handheld version as well. This is to show that Xbox hasn't left console so people still buy the games, and also if sales stay flatlined they will rush a console to market to start the next gen v Sony.

- Discussing the digital only Xbox Series XD (I'm praying that's the codename. Look at the emoji) and solid release date. How will it sell when the disc model doesn't? 🤔🙄

- Discuss games coming to Gamepass and Xbox this year. Remind of value proposition.

- Expect a shadow dropped game on Gamepass as tribute to calm the mentals on Twitter.

- Position the purchase of ABK and Bethesda moved Microsoft to largest publisher and Microsoft while supporting their console will also be branching out so that more players can enjoy the quality games available by MS Game Studios. We hope the quality of our games will bring more to Gamepass We we all play we all win (video montage of accessibility in gaming, conflating the two).

Outside of the digital Series X, I expect no branding of Xbox when discussing the future. I expect vague promises of the future to stem the bleeding.