Indiana Jones by MachineGames Officially Revealed | Xbox Direct 2024 |UP| IGN article why dev decided to go 1st person.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Here's my 2 cents:

Visually I like the tone they went with it feels like Indie. But I think going First person is a missed opportunity. And like Wolfenstein I think they are going to try and make up for loss of player connection with watching indie react similar to Nathan Drake in gameplay scenario's with more Cut scenes.

What I truly hope we havn't seen yet that may be in the game is when you do a melee, or action finisher to enemies you get a third person view of it as to see indie's reaction/quip.

I think the game will be good. But I think not having it in Third person is a missed opportunity.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
After seeing all this @Nhomnhom, you now realise why Sony are in no rush to share anything?

Happy Daffy Duck GIF by Looney Tunes
Sony should not base their decisions in failures of others companies.

They should aim to surpass themselves every year… aka 2024 releases being better than 2023… 2025 better than 2024… and go on.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Anyone else notice how the games media is circling the wagons to protect Microsoft? I think the show was kind of a dud and they didn’t expect that to happen. I think the reaction to Indiana Jones be first person had also taken them by surprise.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It's kinda funny that Ryan McCaffery started complaining about hypothetical Sony fanboys making comparisons with Uncharted based on camera perspective when he was one of the first ones to compare the game with what PlayStation has by calling it Xbox's Spider-Man moment.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's kinda funny that Ryan McCaffery started complaining about hypothetical Sony fanboys making comparisons with Uncharted based on camera perspective when he was one of the first ones to compare the game with what PlayStation has by calling it Xbox's Spider-Man moment.
All they do is lie

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022

In no way can IJ be compared to Spider-Man. These people just make up anything to paint Xbox in a good light.

This is becoming Starfield all over again.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Only 496k views on the official Bethesda channel for a big Disney IP and 366k on Xbox 😬

I know it was posted in multiple channels but it's easier to compare with the official ones 😬

Less than 1 million 😬

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Why, everytime he opens his mouth, it is just some fallacies coming out?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
In no way can IJ be compared to Spider-Man. These people just make up anything to paint Xbox in a good light.

This is becoming Starfield all over again.
Yeah, they are trying attach themselves with success at any cost, even on others expense.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Only 496k views on the official Bethesda channel for a big Disney IP and 366k on Xbox 😬

I know it was posted in multiple channels but it's easier to compare with the official ones 😬

Less than 1 million 😬
820k on IGN, if you add all, like we done for PS games, it is 2M. Not bad.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Not going to give IGN the click, but is the article basically “Because we are a mediocre FPS dev team and we don’t know how to make real games”?