Injunction hearing has been disastrous for Microsoft and destroyed Xbox's remaining reputation

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Wanna post screenshots? I really don't want to log in to twitter just to read that
There were plenty of condemning stuff for Xbox/Microsoft that came out that should stop this shit I think that judge is either oblivious to the gaming market or biased because her son works for Microsoft so I expect her to rule in favour of the almighty Microsoft

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
There were plenty of condemning stuff for Xbox/Microsoft that came out that should stop this shit I think that judge is either oblivious to the gaming market or biased because her son works for Microsoft so I expect her to rule in favour of the almighty Microsoft
Yeah she sounded out of touch with gaming. She said “Why is there so much fuss over a shooter video game”.

Reactions: Nhomnhom
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I think it's actually quite likely that the FTC gets its injunction now and ABK walks away after the July deadline and pockets $3b
That would be hilarious but I still wouldnt like it cause they're a disgusting predatory company with Bobby kotick as CEO & the board are all just as bad & Lulu cheng defending him & acting like a good person wouldn't piss on any of them if they were on fire

Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
She just came across as an out of touch boomer, who didn’t know anything about video games. She was saying ”why the fuss over a shooter game” “why can’t Sony make PS plus better” She didn’t under the ramifications of a huge IP like COD potentially being bought. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-judge-grills-ftc-data-013004349.html
Sure, but that could just be the judge making sure to cover her bases to make sure that there's actually grounds to issue an injunction. I wouldn't read the tea leaves too closely based on the judge asking basic questions of the FTC, after all they're seeking an extraordinary remedy. The proof isn't whether the judge is asking hard questions (which they should), it'll be in how well the FTC did in answering them. And I feel like there's been enough proof of Microsoft's internal strategy of being anti-competitive that this is enough to grant an injunction.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I can't imagine believing anything MS, Phil, or anyone Xbox related has to say about anything at this point. They were completely revealed. I regret buying a cheap XSX so I could give Starfield a fair chance. Now I don't even care about it anymore. Xbox needs to go away so the gaming industry can improve.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Unfortunately I think sony / Nintendo stand a chance against Microsoft when they take their gloves off they're far too wealthy & powerful

Unfortunately I don't think sony / Nintendo stand a chance against Microsoft when they take their gloves off this deal is most likely going through imo & with all zenimax & all ABK IPs in their control they'll be in a strong position if you like any of those games (I do doom , quake , spyro , crash , prototype, the evil within , DJ hero etc ) they'll go for the console that has those games playstation will eventually be killed by Microsofts spending (not sure about Nintendo because they seem to be a completely different market)
“Playstation will eventually be killed by Microsoft’s spending” LMAO 😂

Reactions: Zzero

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
You can see in their language when they write to each other and when Phil wrote to Jim... These MS execs do not care one bit about gamers (not gamers in general, not their gamers, none of that matters to them). All they see is a bunch of people they could manipulate into advocating for their next thing they want to sell, it just happens that they need to manipulate gamers.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Nothing about it has been "disastrous for Microsoft" because the majority doesn't care what was said in the Injunction hearing.
Gamers, the real ones, will remember that Phil is a serial liar, they will remember that he has no regard for them or the hobby. So long as he can use some of them to evangelize to the community to sell his garbage.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Gamers, the real ones, will remember that Phil is a serial liar, they will remember that he has no regard for them or the hobby. So long as he can use some of them to evangelize to the community to sell his garbage.
The real gamers already knew this based on the fact that he spent 10+ years promising the best games and basically failing every time to deliver. The first few times ok, it happens, but not this many times.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
  • Spencer's email exchanges with Rim Ryan where he refuses to commit to future Activision titles on PlayStation beyond CoD; Ryan coming to the realization Spencer is not a man of his word
Also in this email exchange, you can see in their language who worries about his platform's "gamers" and the respect they deserve... Hint his name does not start with P.

Xbox only has contempt for gamers and the hobby, their whole social media campaign is based on manipulating a couple of social media and "community" members into doing some PR for them in exchange for peanuts (for those that get something out of it at all).

Reactions: Nitro
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
You laugh but I believe they will
You laugh but
You laugh but can you really say they don't have the money to kill playstation they definitely have the money & their plan is working so far if they get Activision they'll get sega right after & then go after other maybe square enix

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I can't imagine believing anything MS, Phil, or anyone Xbox related has to say about anything at this point. They were completely revealed. I regret buying a cheap XSX so I could give Starfield a fair chance. Now I don't even care about it anymore. Xbox needs to go away so the gaming industry can improve.
I couldn't afford one anyway but yeah I'd throw it out window Microsoft have been pissing me off so much with their bullshit

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
You laugh but I believe they will

You laugh but

You laugh but can you really say they don't have the money to kill playstation they definitely have the money & their plan is working so far if they get Activision they'll get sega right after & then go after other maybe square enix
You believing it has nothing to do with reality. And the reality is Playstation is doing extremely well, the future holds many uncertainties so speculating something like that makes no sense until we actually see an accumulation of missteps from Sony. Also, I feel like nobody mentions this but more studios means more management job to do, more resources need to be poured into the xbox division in order to maintain its stability. This is a creativity industry, MS can buy all studios it wants but whether it can manage all of them to develop worthwhile products is an entirely different matter.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why do you believe the FTC showed incompetence?
Because they tried a lot of flawed points and some data show were not realizable plus some of they doc had a lot of errors.

In terms of what was presented MS layers were more professional imo.

That is something you don’t give to other part in a count…

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Expectation: documents dooming and outing PlayStation.

Reality: MS is actually the one blocking games from PS+, their entire PR narratives are the opposite of what they actually think, they dream of taking Sony out of business by buying their partners, they were considering closing the entire division and pivoting to mobile, xCloud was never profitable, they got outsold more than 2:1 already this gen, Bobby stated that Gamepass destroys the value of games, Phil is a shameless liar and they think Xbox fans are idiots and part of a cult.

Last edited: