Injunction hearing has been disastrous for Microsoft and destroyed Xbox's remaining reputation

24 Jun 2022
You are either the best troll of all time or the highest paid astroturfer at Microsoft. If you're the latter, I'm sure you get all the productivity bonuses and employee of the year awards.

He might be Aaron Greenberg's troll account here. I mean that sonofabich was in an Xbox console warrior Twitter spaces with SoloKnightRobert/Florian Mueller. Not hard to think it's either him or Florian running Sleepy's account 🤣

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sony has dominated the console business since 1996 and kicked Nintendo out of home consoles forever.

Saying Sony is going out of business by PS6 while absolutely steamrolling Xbox is indicative of Sleepy Brown having a mental illness.

What a fucking dumb ass. Give this dude the “derp” award.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Yeah, Nintendo is not the market leader. The reason places like installbase were sprung up is because Sony decimated Nintendo's home console business, the same way they did Sega's, the same way they did Xbox's. There is no coming back for Xbox and there is no safe space to talk about the fantasy some of you have.

All the studios Xbox has now have made it a nice, fat, goose. And that goose will be pumping out games for PlayStation by the end of the gen - they already are! Sony slid its dick down Xbox's throat and Xbox is going to thank them for the opportunity.

24 Jun 2022
Sony has dominated the console business since 1996 and kicked Nintendo out of home consoles forever.

Saying Sony is going out of business by PS6 while absolutely steamrolling Xbox is indicative of Sleepy Brown having a mental illness.

What a fucking dumb ass. Give this dude the “derp” award.

One correction: Nintendo kicked themselves out of the home console market. They chose to stick with cartridges when the industry was ready to move onto CDs. They chose to ignore DVD and stuck with a lunchbox-looking console in Gamecube, which performed so badly that a newcomer in Xbox outsold them. The Wii recaptured their old dominance, but was also a fad. The Wii U did not successfully continue the Wii branding and died for it.

Sony made tons of smart decisions in all of those generations but Nintendo's as responsible for moving out of the traditional home console market as Sega is for no longer being a platform holder. In both cases, it was more on their mistakes than Sony "forcing" them out of spaces. I'm just saying this because some people are trying to popularize the idea that Sony is the reason Sega doesn't make consoles anymore.

And that's just always been a ridiculous viewpoint if you know about Sega's series of bad business decisions in the second half of the '90s.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
One correction: Nintendo kicked themselves out of the home console market. They chose to stick with cartridges when the industry was ready to move onto CDs. They chose to ignore DVD and stuck with a lunchbox-looking console in Gamecube, which performed so badly that a newcomer in Xbox outsold them. The Wii recaptured their old dominance, but was also a fad. The Wii U did not successfully continue the Wii branding and died for it.

Sony made tons of smart decisions in all of those generations but Nintendo's as responsible for moving out of the traditional home console market as Sega is for no longer being a platform holder. In both cases, it was more on their mistakes than Sony "forcing" them out of spaces. I'm just saying this because some people are trying to popularize the idea that Sony is the reason Sega doesn't make consoles anymore.

And that's just always been a ridiculous viewpoint if you know about Sega's series of bad business decisions in the second half of the '90s.
I think the cd thing was the reason nintendo didn't partner with Sony because obviously Sony was a manufacturer of CDs

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

I wish they did though we would've had the best of gaming on one device

24 Jun 2022
I think the cd thing was the reason nintendo didn't partner with Sony because obviously Sony was a manufacturer of CDs

Well, it's a bit more complicated than that. Nintendo wanted a CD add-on for the SFC/SNES and initially chose Sony. But at some point Nintendo didn't like the terms of the contract (because Nintendo didn't get money off the sale of CD games for it), and they backstabbed Sony publicly at CES 1991 by announcing they were partnering with Philips instead.

I think if Nintendo didn't do it so publicly, they and Sony could've had a more peaceful split. But making it a public announcement pretty much humiliated Sony outright, and I think Ken Kutaragi took that personally. Somehow he was able to convince higher-ups to make Play Station its own thing and the rest is history.

On one hand it would've been cool to see the Play Station add-on actually play out. On the other hand, I don't think we would've ever gotten to see quite a lot of the really cool and innovative games the PS1 got if all developers and publishers were basically forced by default to operate under Nintendo's licensing terms. Although I kind of think in a world without a PlayStation, the Saturn would've gotten more support AAA-wise from Japanese developers especially since it's very likely Nintendo would have still gone with cartridges for the N64 anyway (it's just the 64DD might've been the 64CD instead, and maybe it'd of came out in '97 or '98 instead of 2000).

Very interesting to think about what could have been in those scenarios.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Well I am personally glad Nintendo back stabbed Sony because Playstation has taken console gaming to heights neither has really managed to.

Which makes Nintendo's grudge against Sony even more weird, since they were villains.
I remember reading groan-inducing Reee posts blaming Sony for the terms of the contract and calling Nintendo justified in pulling out. Well, their console business is dead now, so we know how well that went.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Honestly, Anyone that followed the trial would come to the conclusion that Microsoft talks from both sides of their mouth, but there's so much fanaticism for the brand at this point that in no way Microsoft would ever lose the little popularity they have right now, only the biggest crazies remained on the fanbase, and their execs make sure to reward deranged behavior.