[Innacurate source (VGChartz)] PS5 is almost 5M behind PS4 in Europe

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Switch 2 ... Literally that's all they need to name it.

Why do we continue to act like Nintendo's handheld base isn't just as hardcore and dedicated as PS base? Lol.

They simply consolidated everything into one. Again something really unexpected irredeemable has to happen for the Switch successor to not be a runaway success.

I have no doubt it will be a success.

150 million plus and more successful than Switch?

We shall see.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
The pandemic ended and the switch is still killing it and even at times outselling PS5 across Europe and still stomping it out in Japan... The Pandemic didn't help just the Switch. PS4 sales would have exploded again if Sony hadn't prematurely kill the PS4 after April 2020

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
no, what you gonna do? you live in a democratic world my friend, people are allowed to have different opinions than yours

Fanboys on this forum just want an echo chamber where they constantly jerk either off when it comes to Sony.

It's incredibly sad...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Etifilio

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022

1719489316-image.png

1719489196-image.png

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
honestly he needs help, i've never seen such a large hate boner and ive been reading these types of forums for over 20 years

Dude had 3 alt accounts after already being banned on a gaming website. That's a serious level of mental illness.

I have multiple people on ignore but I'll occasionally unhide their comments, but I think that's playing into what at the end of the day is a lot of mental illness. I'll try to be more careful about engaging moving forward.

That's honestly crazy that he felt he needed to create so many alts, knowing the likelihood of one of them being banned was high and feeling it so important to keep his behavior going.

There are people really upset with Sony out there. I think they've dedicated years if not decades to a console war and they feel like Sony finally won the console war, but also gave up. At the end of the day, it's just business and these are just plastic boxes we play video games on. It's not that big of deal.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
There are people really upset with Sony out there. I think they've dedicated years if not decades to a console war and they feel like Sony finally won the console war, but also gave up. At the end of the day, it's just business and these are just plastic boxes we play video games on. It's not that big of deal.
Yeah it seems like the hate comes from the crazies in the PS circle. They cannot just accept Sony's more open platform direction, as if it has any affect on them whatsoever, other than their right to gatekeep a game that they can point to during their list war. No amount of complaining is going to change Sony's mind, accept that and just enjoy the hobby for what it is, instead of dooming about what it isn't!

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022

1719489316-image.png

1719489196-image.png

TBF, as long as you know that (modern day) VGChartz usually overestimates Xbox numbers by 1-2 million and undershoots PlayStation numbers by an equivalent amount or more, you can use them to some extent as a reference.

However, the numbers at hand here are specifically PS5 vs PS4 launch-aligned in a specific territory. Considering SIE have been doing their most aggressive & persistent pricing promos across European countries the past few months, combined with supply issue already known about the region from earlier years for PS5, it's not TOO wild to speculate that PS5 is behind PS4 in Europe when launch-aligned. But maybe instead of by 5 million, it's closer to by 3 million.

I think trying to refute that PS5 is behind PS4 in Europe launch-aligned by any amount whatsoever, would be a stretch of a claim to make. The better question is: by how much? For me, 3 million would be a safe middle to pick.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
TBF, as long as you know that (modern day) VGChartz usually overestimates Xbox numbers by 1-2 million and undershoots PlayStation numbers by an equivalent amount or more, you can use them to some extent as a reference.

However, the numbers at hand here are specifically PS5 vs PS4 launch-aligned in a specific territory. Considering SIE have been doing their most aggressive & persistent pricing promos across European countries the past few months, combined with supply issue already known about the region from earlier years for PS5, it's not TOO wild to speculate that PS5 is behind PS4 in Europe when launch-aligned. But maybe instead of by 5 million, it's closer to by 3 million.

I think trying to refute that PS5 is behind PS4 in Europe launch-aligned by any amount whatsoever, would be a stretch of a claim to make. The better question is: by how much? For me, 3 million would be a safe middle to pick.
The problem isn't whether the PS5 is behind or ahead of the PS4 in Europe - nobody can say that with any certainty except Sony.
The problem is VGChartz, their data has no credibility, it's based on nothing and anyone who's been following console sales closely for years knows it.
For me the figures on this website have no value in my eyes. These are still a crappy estimates.

We have NPD/Circana for America. Famitsu/Media Create for Japan & Asia. And GFK/GSD for Europe.

VGChartz is very useless.

24 Jun 2022
@Evilms I largely agree that VGChartz is a trash source. But I wouldn't say they're completely useless. I mean, again, even with their overestimates for Xbox and underestimates for PlayStation, you can normalize the range of those estimates by a certain amount each way and be relatively assured that your own adjustment is close to accurate.

That VGChartz (albeit a lot of times after revisions) bases their numbers on NPD/Circana, Famitsu, GFK etc. and numbers given by direct sources like SIE in fiscal results (tho they also have a tendency to take people like @Welfare at their word when Welfare himself overestimates Xbox numbers more often than not), means that in some capacity their numbers can be used as a decent starting point.

Again, just round down their Xbox numbers, and round up their PlayStation numbers some, then correlate that with estimates and numbers from other places and it's pretty easy to get something out of them even if their numbers are biased.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
What mental gymnastics will you employ when the official numbers come out?
they always twist things around to move their goalposts when facts are thrown their way, it's so sickening... they have no balls, they were the same ones saying Xbox was useless cause you can play everything on PC but are aplauding Sony destroying their console business with PC ports and Cloud Gaming now, people need to take a stance and keep it, i won't bend my knee, i bought and enjoyed PlayStation consoles for the uniqueness they used to provide me and i'll die on the hill of how important exclusivity is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
honestly he needs help, i've never seen such a large hate boner and ive been reading these types of forums for over 20 years
Box was fine for awhile but the last few months he just became a less woke version of Satoru/Dod/Vader. Constantly pissed off, unhinged and angry. These people will never be satisfied no matter what Sony does.

You are done with PlayStation, move on to PC and play with those mods you keep talking about.

Not my dear friend 😢 RIP to one of the best posters on this site!!! It won't be the same here without him. First Satoru and now Box 😢😢 2 legends gone .....
You are one of the best posters here ❤️

But they were trash, you must be hallucinating. Are you going to miss their list wars and all the games that "don't count"? 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
again: I WAS CRITICAL OF XBOX PUTTING THEIR GAMES ON PC LAST GEN, it destroyed their console business and we see the reflects of it almost 10 years later today, i WILL CONTINUE TO BE CRITICAL OF SONY for doing the same, and when they start their Cloud moves to compete with XCloud i'll continue to be critical because i would be a fucking hypocrite if i were to cap for PlayStation to invest in the same future in which i criticized Xbox for YEARS for going thowards to, disgusting to see some here acting like nothing is happening and everything is the same when it's not and it'll never be the same again.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Box was fine for awhile but the last few months he just became a less woke version of Satoru/Dod/Vader. Constantly pissed off, unhinged and angry. These people will never be satisfied no matter what Sony does.

You are done with PlayStation, move on to PC and play with those mods you keep talking about.

You are one of the best posters here ❤️

But they were trash, you must be hallucinating. Are you going to miss their list wars and all the games that "don't count"? 🤣
Thank you, they had some issues but you gotta understand where they were coming from. And take the good with the bad, Box was getting too trolly but I have a high tolerance for that stuff I guess

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Switch 2 will steal all PS5 Pro hype easily, should have CoD and Mario Kart at launch and will be the only system with exclusive games.
Switch 2 will be lucky to escape the Nintendo curse. It's as likely to decline as match the Switch's success while PS5 pro will be coming in with COD and GTA (Switch 2 won't have either) and during peak software season for the console generation. It will be the only system with exclusive HD titles that people actually want, and will again be the developers' darling because they make most of their revenue there.