instead of price drops, Sony is raising the price of the PS5 in Japan

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
the price of the console is now $200 more than it used to be in 2020, $700

PlayStation Japan comment section are just people saying PC now has become a better platform than PlayStation, consoles no longer have the price they used to last gen, the value were in either price or exclusives, now that exclusives are gone and prices are raising... well...

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
For warriors,exclusives equal value. BTW what the heck is going on in Japan? That is way more than an inflation related price adjustment.

Reactions: Bryank75
11 Jul 2024
It's just a very strange observation to make in this thread. It's almost like someone is really trying to add another layer of negativity.
It's the usual for those kind of people. Why do you think he was the one who rushed to make the post in the first place? They can't stand seeing these bangers released by Sony with no way to play them. Do you think he'd make a post about "XB having 0 exclusives because they're all on PC" ? Hell no, he can play them day 1 on PC.

Reactions: Shadow2027
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
It's the usual for those kind of people. Why do you think he was the one who rushed to make the post in the first place? They can't stand seeing these bangers released by Sony with no way to play them. Do you think he'd make a post about "XB having 0 exclusives because they're all on PC" ? Hell no, he can play them day 1 on PC.
i literally own a PS5 and a PC so i'm not sure what are you trying to say here, you're probably new to the site and never even heard about me

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
exclusives = value, if consoles are not $300/400 anymore and will see price increases to $600 then what's the reason to purchase them?
Do you think you are going to get anywhere near the performance of a PS5 vs. a computer?

Do you think PC content prices in Japan won't rise and somehow remain stagnant, too? The Yen is so undervalued at the moment it will affect everything over there; what do you expect?

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Yen hit 160:1 a couple months ago, this is in reaction to that.
this just shows Sony won't eat costs anymore, PS5 Pro will come at $600 digital / $650 disc and the Standard model won't see price drops this gen, insane.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Do you think you are going to get anywhere near the performance of a PS5 vs. a computer?

Do you think PC content prices in Japan won't rise and somehow remain stagnant, too? The Yen is so undervalued at the moment it will affect everything over there; what do you expect?
i already do since i have an RTX 4070 Ti and the $80 i would save every year from paying PS Plus would already pay the cost of my PC if we're talking a whole generation of paying multiplayer

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
$500 + 8 years of $80 paid multiplayer = $800, 500 + 800 = $1300, enough to build a decent gaming PC and playing everything PlayStation, Xbox, Third Party and even Emulated Nintendo.

Reactions: Puff

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
$500 + 8 years of $80 paid multiplayer = $800, 500 + 800 = $1300, enough to build a decent gaming PC and playing everything PlayStation, Xbox, Third Party and even Emulated Nintendo.
Wouldn't count on this in the future. Nintendo will be absolutely ruthless at the first signs of a Switch 2 emulator.