instead of price drops, Sony is raising the price of the PS5 in Japan

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Wouldn't count on this in the future. Nintendo will be absolutely ruthless at the first signs of a Switch 2 emulator.
abolutely, they'll use denuvo for sure, Sony should learn from them, the games we pay $70 for are on torrent websites for free for PC users

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
So why aren't you crying that you bought PC for premium price and there aren't any exclusives?
i'm not? i literally just said that the console only has Demon's Souls and Spiderman 2 as first party exclusives and they're raising the price of the console making it even more undersirable for people who are already on PC, that's all, people got hurt over nothing

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i'm not? i literally just said that the console only has Demon's Souls and Spiderman 2 as first party exclusives and they're raising the price of the console making it even more undersirable for people who are already on PC, that's all, people got hurt over nothing
You didn't answer what i asked.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
i already do since i have an RTX 4070 Ti and the $80 i would save every year from paying PS Plus would already pay the cost of my PC if we're talking a whole generation of paying multiplayer
Then why don't you move to PC full-time,

Like you said, there are only two exclusives, so what's the point of hanging around? Sell your PS5 and buy yourself a new mouse, a mechanical keyboard, and a fancy new mouse mat and be happy.

Ps5 is just not for you it seems, move on to the promised land.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Wouldn't count on this in the future. Nintendo will be absolutely ruthless at the first signs of a Switch 2 emulator.

As long as people don't use Nintendo's code/keys to build the emulator they should be fine. That was the main issue with yuzu.

The best way to reduce demand for an emulator is to release great hardware. Let's see if the NVIDIA hand me down is up to the task this time.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
As long as people don't use Nintendo's code/keys to build the emulator they should be fine. That was the main issue with yuzu.

The best way to reduce demand for an emulator is to release great hardware. Let's see if the NVIDIA hand me down is up to the task this time.
It won't be.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Then why don't you move to PC full-time,

Like you said, there are only two exclusives, so what's the point of hanging around? Sell your PS5 and buy yourself a new mouse, a mechanical keyboard, and a fancy new mouse mat and be happy.

Ps5 is just not for you it seems, move on to the promised land.
it's not just about me, Japanese people are also complaining about the price increase and claiming PC is better at this point

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024

Nintendo said our games are encrypted and you can't decrypt them. Would it work in a court of law? Maybe not but sending the lawyers and scaring the emulator developers is enough.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
pubilc perception about PlayStation is changing day by day, even long time fans are not supportive of this company anymore, just the brainwashed ones

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs and Puff

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
it's not just about me, Japanese people are also complaining about the price increase and claiming PC is better at this point

I am specifically talking to you; why don't you move on? You seem to really dislike PlayStation; the majority of your posts are negative about them, and you keep telling everyone how much better PCs are.

Why don't you just cut ties with PlayStation and move on?

Please don't dodge my question; I would like an honest answer from you.

Reactions: Luffy123

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
That is way more than an inflation related price adjustment.

It's really not. The Japanese Yen lost around 35% of its value compared to the USD since the consoles' release.

If you read the article, you'll see that at current exchange rates the PS5 was selling in Japan for $460, and now it'll be selling for $550 which is its price everywhere else.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I am specifically talking to you; why don't you move on? You seem to really dislike PlayStation; the majority of your posts are negative about them, and you keep telling everyone how much better PCs are.

Why don't you just cut ties with PlayStation and move on?

Please don't dodge my question; I would like an honest answer from you.
and i'm specifically talking about PlayStation which involves everyone, not just me or you, and public perception is not good about the price of the console and the lineup of it, or lack of it, i'm already cutting ties with PlayStation, i no longer buy digital games or DLCS/MTX on the PS Store for example, when their games come day and date to PC i don't even purchase them, and the ones i purchase are all physical and then when i finish them i resell to get my money back because i know once the games hit PC they'll be free anyway, there is no longer any incentive from my part to keep being a PlayStation only person and just like me there are thousands feeling this way, a lot of them on this site too, i'll continue to speak my mind and if you're hurt about it, just ignore