Introducing PlayStation Stars, an all-new loyalty program celebrating players that’s free to join

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
sony is slowly getting up to speed

Revamped ps plus, VRR, Rewards, etc. on top of doing the most important thing, providing good games

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It does? I haven’t seen this written anywhere.
Edit: saw it on Era and it has no NFT.
Digital collection items.
It is all NFT beside the name.

“Also, as part of PlayStation Stars, we are unveiling a new type of reward called “digital collectibles.” Collectibles are as diverse as our portfolio of products and franchises. They are digital representations of things that PlayStation fans enjoy, including figurines of beloved and iconic characters from games and other forms of entertainment, as well as cherished devices that tap into Sony’s history of innovation. There will always be a new collectible to earn, an ultra rare collectible to strive for, or something surprising to collect just for fun.”

NFT is basically that.
Maybe you confuse the controversy about purchase or NFT items that is another story… NFT itself is just a digital protocol to collect items… it doesn’t need to be paid items.

And I won’t be surprise it has a NFT blockchain key so you can transfer the item.

Sony is trying to avoid the NFT controversy but it is what it is… maybe people have a wrong and bad ideia of NFC because how it was used until now.

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Digital collection items.
It is all NFC beside the name.

“Also, as part of PlayStation Stars, we are unveiling a new type of reward called “digital collectibles.” Collectibles are as diverse as our portfolio of products and franchises. They are digital representations of things that PlayStation fans enjoy, including figurines of beloved and iconic characters from games and other forms of entertainment, as well as cherished devices that tap into Sony’s history of innovation. There will always be a new collectible to earn, an ultra rare collectible to strive for, or something surprising to collect just for fun.”

NFC is basically that.
Maybe you confuse the controversy about purchase or NFC items that is another story… NFC itself is just a digital protocol to collect items… it doesn’t need to be paid items.

And I won’t be surprise it has a NFC blockchain key so you can transfer the item.

Sony is trying to avoid the NFC controversy but it is what it is… maybe people have a wrong and bad ideia of NFC because how it was used until now.

They specifically say its not NFT or Blockchain

FXoSzXpVsAA-CMi

And it’s nothing like “NFT” because the idea behind NFT is that you actually have to purchase something to make it viable. There is nothing being purchased or being attained with the ability to resell or increase in value. Its not NFT in anyway.

Its closer to the idea of Trophy’s than it is to NFT’s. You’re essentially earning digital library items like you do in Astrobot or Smash bros in this specific instance. They don’t serve any greater purpose beyond collecting

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They specifically say its not NFT or Blockchain

FXoSzXpVsAA-CMi
I read that before post my first comment edit about NFT.

He defines that it is not NFT because you can’t trade or sell them… that is one of the use of NFT and not what it is.

NFT is a form to have digital items collections… you don’t need to have trade, sells, buys, etc to have NFT.

And ERA is dumb… they make NFT looks bad and not how companies used NFT.

This guys give a more coherent take about the subject:

Sony is avoiding NFT talk because gamers have a clearly bias that NFT are bad but it is essentially NFC.

Last edited:

Themaskedcrag

Cunning Linguist
13 Jul 2022
I read that before post my first comment edit about NFC.

He defines that it is not NFC because you can’t trade or sell them… that is one of the use of NFC and not what it is.

NFC is a form to have digital items collections… you don’t need internet o have trade, sells, buys, etc to have NFC.

And ERA is dumb… they make NFC looks bad and not how companies used NFC.

NFC is Near-Field Communication! / NFT is Non-Fungible Token!

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I read that before post my first comment edit about NFC.

He defines that it is not NFC because you can’t trade or sell them… that is one of the use of NFC and not what it is.

NFC is a form to have digital items collections… you don’t need internet o have trade, sells, buys, etc to have NFC.

And ERA is dumb… they make NFC looks bad and not how companies used NFC.

Sony is avoiding NFC talk because gamers have a clearly have a bias that NFC is bad.

So whats the difference between this and earning avatars or themes for obtaining platinum trophies like we’ve always had? You’re using the definition of NFT so loosely it can apply to anything playstation gives you digitally

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So whats the difference between this and earning avatars or themes for obtaining platinum trophies like we’ve always had? You’re using the definition of NFT so loosely it can apply to anything playstation gives you digitally
Err… Trophies, Medals, Achievements, etc are just like NFT Awards.

Like I said it is NFT just not in name.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Fuck. When he brings up PlayStation Home I start to like it the idea of 3D collectables.
That get in line with Sony plans for Metaverse (and yes PS Home was a early metaverse try).

And it will probably be a big deal with PSVR2.

PSVR2, Metaverse, 3D Collectives 🤔

• brain
Reactions: nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
That get in line with Sony plans for Metaverse (and yes PS Home was a early metaverse try).

And it will probably be a big deal with PSVR2.

PSVR2, Metaverse, 3D Collectives 🤔
Actual 3D platinum trophies on display at your PlayStation VR Home, where you can invite friends to hang out with you, watch a movie you just picked on the virtual video store, play some local co-op PS1 games on your virtual Sony CRT TV or put a virtual digital vinyl LP to play on your virtual record player while you sip some real life Mountain Dew and get a virtual lap dance from your ultra rare and scantily clad Jill Valentine (Remastered Remake) Collectable...

It's too much, it's evil, it's genius, I want it now.

Last edited:

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I don't care about any digital free junk but points redeemable for PNS funds is nice, provided I don't need to acquire 50 platinums to be able to buy an avatar

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Actual 3D platinum trophies on display at your PlayStation VR Home, where you can invite friends to hang out with you, watch a movie you just picked on the virtual video store, play some local co-op PS1 games on your virtual Sony CRT TV or put a virtual digital vinyl LP to play on your virtual record player while you sip some real life Mountain Dew and get a virtual lap dance from your rare scantily clad Jill Valentine (REmake Collectable)...

It's too much, it's evil, it's genius, I want it now.

I will be highly surprised if PS Home 2.0 isn’t announced with PSVR2 considering how popular VRCHAT is these days. I almost feel like PSVR2 is Sonys real way of getting into the metaverse and the entire idea behind bringing it back

Bringing back PS HOME would put Sony ahead of all its competitors with the metaverse, considering they have the user base, the technology, and the software, where as everyone else only has pieces

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it's nice to see they will give you extra rewards for buying and playing games and that it's dumb to complain about it.

In fact, I want to have a PSVR2 friendly PS Home 2.0 to put these collectibles there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.