Is anybody else disappointed that no new titles have been announced by ND, Bend, Sucker Punch, BluePoint in at least 3-4 years now?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yep, at no point did I ever say that BP didn't do support work on Raganrok. I'm suggesting that they are doing more original work than just that.
And they are. The Christmas present postcard is pretty telling that they worked on GoW R, Demons Souls, Shadow of the Collosus, and one more.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They won’t be. The only 1st party studios working on GAAS are Guerilla, Haven, Firewalk, Sony London, Insomniac with the rumored Spider Verse game, and possibly Firespirte with the rumored Twisted Metal.
bro that's like over half of them. Also bend is working on a multiplayer game that is most likely gaas as well

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
bro that's like over half of them. Also bend is working on a multiplayer game that is most likely gaas as well
Guerilla is large enough to have more than one project and Bend was rumored to have a single player game with multiplayer elements, not a multiplayer only game. Firesprite and Insomniac are huge and can do multiple projects and the others were either bought to do GAAAs or weren't doing much anyway like Sony London.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm still yet to understand the benefits of secretive marketing. Hype worked so well for the PS4 in the first half of that gen.

Reactions: Box

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I fully expect to see some teases from Sucker Punch and Bend next year. Bend's project probably won't come till the very end since they had to start fresh.

I also expect to see something by Asobi and Bluepoint next year.

Naughty Dog will be the only outlier as we probably won't see anything from them till 2025.

Cory's new Sci-Fi game definitely should be shown next year, it's been well over a year now? Since Hermen tweeted how "inspired" he was by the game... Though that man is full of hot air riddled with gaslighting

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yep, at no point did I ever say that BP didn't do support work on Raganrok. I'm suggesting that they are doing more original work than just that.
And the only reason Bluepoint was brought on Ragnarok was because SSM was really struggling because Covid really made development hell for them. As the studio struggled a big with their pipeline having to switch to Work from Home.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If we don't see anything next year, questions need to be asked wtf is goin on.
Next year really will be the make or break year for Worldwide Studios. If they fall short, I fully expect to see some reshuffling and hopefully Hermen's management will be questioned by HQ.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
To be honest, I updated my big chart the other day and a ton of cupboards are looking bare right now, including both Sony and Nintendo but also lots of third parties (WB has Wonder Woman years off, SS and Quiddich in Q1 and then literally nothing else.) Xbox is well stocked but its with stuff that should have come out already so how is that any better?

Last edited:

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I fully expect to see some teases from Sucker Punch and Bend next year. Bend's project probably won't come till the very end since they had to start fresh.

I also expect to see something by Asobi and Bluepoint next year.

Naughty Dog will be the only outlier as we probably won't see anything from them till 2025.

Cory's new Sci-Fi game definitely should be shown next year, it's been well over a year now? Since Hermen tweeted how "inspired" he was by the game... Though that man is full of hot air riddled with gaslighting
He tweeted that in May, so it’s been half a year. But yeah, he was most likely talking about Cory’s game and the Valhalla dlc that we now know.

Reactions: Danja

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
You said all of them, that’s not all. ND is working on 2 SP games, SSM and Insomniac are also working on 2. Guerilla is working on Horizon 3, SP is working on Ghost 2, and Bend, Asobi, Housemarque, Bluepoint and Firesprite are working on SP games.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The only one routinely and foolishly wrong here is you. Incredibly ironic of you to accuse anyone else of being stuck in fantasy instead of admitting that you may be mistaken as well as constantly misrepresenting what others here are telling you.
SSM announced Bluepoint as a codeveloper of the game, credited almost all their whole devteam in the game credits and many of the Bluepoints workers mention that on their personal LinkedIn. It also matches with working on an 'original game' / 'original content' as mentioned when said they weren't working on remasters or remakes anymore. I think these are more than enough facts to accept Bluepoint worked there, it's what a sane would people do.

If there's a fool here isn't the one who sees the facts pointing to the same point and accepts it, it's the one who see all the facts pointing to the same point but rejects to believe them just because doesn't like what the facts say.

And they are. The Christmas present postcard is pretty telling that they worked on GoW R, Demons Souls, Shadow of the Collosus, and one more.
Yes, obviously after GoWR they must have been working in some other game.

GoWR went Gold in early October 2022, released on early November and the greetings card was from mid December 2022, so they were already working on another game after GoWR when published the Christmas card.

Next year really will be the make or break year for Worldwide Studios. If they fall short, I fully expect to see some reshuffling and hopefully Hermen's management will be questioned by HQ.
If there's some reshuffling would be because the new CEO may want to put someone close to him/her in charge of the key spots.

Because looking at the results it would be nonsensical to remove Hermen's management: with him their games are selling more than ever, are working on more games than ever and are winning more awards than ever, plus are growing big in multiple new markets plus in the previous ones. They are the opposite of falling short, they are delivering more and being more productive than ever.

I'm still yet to understand the benefits of secretive marketing. Hype worked so well for the PS4 in the first half of that gen.
There's no secretive marketing.

They announced, marketed, released a ton of things. As an example, this year they released and marketed PSVR2, PS Portal, different controllers and headsets, games like Horizon CoM, GT7VR, FFXVI,Firewall Ultra, that Ghostbusters VR game, Spider-Man 2, RE4R VR plus other exclusives big and small (like indies or half exclusives as SF6 or RE4R) plus key multiplatform stuff where they had signed marketing deals (as Howgarts Legacy, Baldur's Gate 3 or Avatar). And also annonced or marketed upcoming games that were mostly planned as 2024 titles as Helldivers 2, Granblue Fantasy Relink, FFVII Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin, Concord, Marathon, FairGame$, and so on. They also marketed China/India Hero Project stuff and annonced a few minor acquisitions.

What they didn't market are games to be relesed 4 or 6 years from now. They are secretive with them because they focus their marketing in stuff they plan to release in aprox. the next year and a half or so.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If there's a fool here isn't the one who sees the facts pointing to the same point and accepts it, it's the one who see all the facts pointing to the same point but rejects to believe them just because doesn't like what the facts say.
Man, your lack of self-awareness is astounding.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes.
I was really expecting Sony to make ND, Guerilla, SuckerPunch and Santa Monica have 3-4 studios each This gen. So we can get alot more from them

They made alot of money in the PS4 generation. I dont see where they have invested…

Like ND said they had to choose to be a single player studio or Gaas studio. Sony should invest more to there premier Developers so they can do both and more

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's definitely been odd without Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch 3 years into the gen.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I don’t think it’s time to announce. I expect an active 2024 with announcements and surprises however.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes.
I was really expecting Sony to make ND, Guerilla, SuckerPunch and Santa Monica have 3-4 studios each This gen. So we can get alot more from them

They made alot of money in the PS4 generation. I dont see where they have invested…

Like ND said they had to choose to be a single player studio or Gaas studio. Sony should invest more to there premier Developers so they can do both and more
Sucker Punch actually did not want to become a two game studio. Naughty Dog is heading in that direction now after all the directors they've tried to hire over the years. Guerrilla claimed they wanted a game out every 3 years, so I think they will manage that as they are pretty efficient as well.

I hope that c*nt Hermen is pumping money into Housemarque

Reactions: Kokoloko