It's time for Microsoft to pull the plug on Xbox.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I always found Ryan way more honest about his bias and far more receptive to honest criticism... he is a person I can listen to and get value from what he says. If I could, I would apologize if I ever lumped him in with other people who just defend Xbox endlessly no-matter what they do or dont do.
He's one of the only Xbox media types who isn't entirely insufferable.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Even your biggest xbox fan ryan mcafrey already fed up

Continue to damage control jez

This guy is performing a bit or a role right now. He’s like the politician that “hears your concerns” and he’s concerned about it too but will do nothing about it. As soon as Phil Spencer or whoever comes out and says “we hear you and need to do better” this guy will say “Xbox gets it” or Phil understands gamers.

With that said mayyyybe he can see the writing on the wall for Xbox and is trying to possibly get into Sonys good graces? I think he has a track record of carrying Xbox’s water for too long so I don’t think that’s a realistic possibility.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Just wait one month and everything will be different.
Microsoft will own Activision-Blizzard, Call of Duty and some of the biggest gaming IPs in the world.
We're talking about a Microsoft with two huge publishers (ZeniMax Media, Activision and Blizzard) and another ~20 gaming studios. They will be unstoppable.
I know it's a funny pic, but this is literally the truth:
razy.jpg
This is why methamphetamine has no place in society., its effects are devastating on the user.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Microsoft will own Activision-Blizzard, Call of Duty and some of the biggest gaming IPs in the world.
We're talking about a Microsoft with two huge publishers (ZeniMax Media, Activision and Blizzard) and another ~20 gaming studios. They will be unstoppable.
razy.jpg

"Just one more month"

Things will get better i promise - Phil Spencer

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
razy.jpg
So you're not familiar with ... you know, the news?

Also, I think everyone around here knows Nintendo is my jam but give me a break. PlayStation has been the preeminent gaming brand for the last 25+ years going back to the PS1. The idea that this image represents anything other than a distorted fanboy's wildest dreams is absurd.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
razy.jpg
So many logos, but nothing but shite to show for.

While others still enjoy their new games coming out at a steady pace, you get to "just wait" and brag about the games you want to take away from them.

Petty, childish and pathetic.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
razy.jpg

yeah, I dont think so mate

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
Nothing's changed in ten years. In 2013, Xbox was mocked for only having Halo, Gears, and Forza. Now what? They have Halo, Gears (on hold), Forza... and an extremely mixed bag of other stuff.

We were supposed to be drowning in promising, ambitious new IPs by now ever since Microsoft scooped up Obsidian and inXile five years ago. Since then, Xbox has only given us Grounded, Pentiment, and Hi-Fi Rush. Don't get me wrong, I played the last two and I actually love them. Pentiment and Hi-Fi Rush have more passion, personality, and originality in them than all of 343's Halo games combined. But they're not enough. They're more niche darlings, which is also what Xbox should have, but it needs new blockbusters too, and it's taking way too long to deliver those. Redfall SHOULD have been one. But they completely fumbled it, and that's why this is so frustrating.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
You should never show up here again if in one month MS hasn't won ABK. We all know that right now you feel like a clown and denial is your last resort.

One month from now we'll in June, the month when Final Fantasy XVI will release on PS5 and you'll be here crying about ABK.
First will be the EC who's going to let the deal pass. And then it will be the CMA bending the knee. They have no other choice. Just accept it. Activision-Blizzard will be a Microsoft company. And Microsoft is going to dominate the market in the US.
Mario is in that Nintendo picture like 10 times. 😂
Makes sense. Just like Super Mario and Mario Kart are two different game series.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Rivet

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Halo Infinite missing launch was proof enough
Hey, be fair.

Halo: Infinite didn’t JUST miss launch, it was also buggy, missing promised features AND light on content despite the one-year delay.

It’s almost like the flagship title for the new generation missing the launch date for the new consoles was an omen.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
First will be the EC who's going to let the deal pass. And then it will be the CMA bending the knee. They have no otherr choice. Just accept it. Activision-Blizzard will be a Microsoft company. And Microsoft is going to dominate the market in the US.

Makes sense. Just like Super Mario and Mario Kart are two different game series.
The CMA already blocked the deal you are the only one bending the knee here. Cope more, kneeler.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
If only so we can leave their ever lasting drama month after month, year after year behind so gamers and media attention is focused elsewhere and we can talk more about games, demand more from devs tech wise (aka raise the standards) and somehow hope there is a cultural change in Nintendo in a hypothetical MS market vacuum so Sony can have proper check and balances software wise. A guy can dream right?

"MS got into gaming for the wrong reasons"... partly true. All of these companies got into gaming to make money first and foremost. It's however true that their ultimate goal wasn't to make console gaming better but to monopolize it and protect their PC Windows ecosystem by propagating its "standards" with its top-box plant (Xbox). The overriding motivations have stayed true for 20 years.

Last edited: