[Japan] Final Fantasy XVI sells 336,027 units on launch, Biggest PS5 game launch in Japan, PS5 sells 85K units,

PS_ROCKS

20 May 2023
I guess all those copies are also going to other countries like the PS5 consoles... is that still the narrative?

I still don't understand how Sony can see the Switch selling in beast mode and not consider a proper portable that plays PS4 games (specially knowing that the Switch successor will have PS4 level hardware).
Probably worried about splitting the resources to support the 3 consoles.

Reactions: Gediminas
24 Jun 2022
Not to be a doom and gloomer but I was expecting at least 700k software sold and 150k hardware. That’s seems pretty bad imo.

You were expecting Nintendo 1P AAA numbers from a non-Switch, non-Nintendo AAA release?

They're already downplaying the sales in the first pages, but they went missing when this was posted:
View attachment 1752
The game sold vastly more than both latest RE games and Elden Ring. Are these games failures? Xbots at Era are pathetic.

It's just their way of coping over Microsoft getting their shit pushed in during this trail with all the truthbombs that have come out regarding their true intentions with acquisitions, state of Xbox as a business, hypocrisies, etc.

So as a coping mechanism they're lashing out against the current big PS AAA exclusive. They'll downplay anything good about it to comedic levels of nonsensicality.

Around what I expected for physical software. Higher than I expected for Hardware but next week everyone will run wild with the harsh drops.

I'm expecting it did around 450 - 500k digital + physical?

That sound like a safe & realistic estimate. Maybe 550K as a peak on that range, while still keeping it safe & reasonable.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
So Sony at its best can’t compete with Nintendo?
They’re not in direct competition as your overlord MS told you several times.
Now keep spinning:

spin turn GIF by New York City Ballet

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
PS5 did pretty good.

But the declive in FFXVI sales is pretty telling...
How can you say its a decline when FF16 are only on 1 platform ( PS5) vs 15 are on 2 ( PS4 and Xbox One)

Also FF16 have mature rating ( more limited audience) vs ff15 have teen rating

This is all too early to tell

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
How can you say its a decline when FF16 are only on 1 platform ( PS5) vs 15 are on 2 ( PS4 and Xbox One)

Also FF16 have mature rating ( more limited audience) vs ff15 have teen rating

This is all too early to tell
?

FFXV Xbox in Japan?

I mean maybe you missed it but the numbers are from PS5 and PS4.
I don't know why you even put Xbox in the mix lol

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
?

FFXV Xbox in Japan?

I mean maybe you missed it but the numbers are from PS5 and PS4.
I dont know how much it sells there but my point stil stand

16 on 1 platform and 15 on 2 platform

Also 15 have T teen rating vs 16 M mature ratings
( more limited audience)

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I dont know how much it sells there but my point stil stand

16 on 1 platform and 15 on 2 platform

Also 15 have T teen rating vs 16 M mature ratings
( more limited audience)
What point?

FFXV sold ~712k on PS4
FFXVI sold 336k on PS5

I have no ideia what point you are doing using these less than 4k units sold in Japan for Xbox One lol

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
What point?

FFXV sold ~710k on PS4
FFXVI sold 336k on PS5
Zup with you ethomaz are you against final fantasy 16 or something?

Like i said lets revisit this number at the end of the year

15 have big drop latter on and ike i said 16 have mature rating if it sell less it kinda make sense

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Zup with you ethomaz are you against final fantasy 16 or something?

Like i said lets revisit this number at the end of the year

15 have big drop latter on and ike i said 16 have mature rating if it sell less it kind amake sense
That doesn't change what I said lol
The decline in launch sales is there... I even eplaained how FFXV hurt the franchise but maybe you missed it.

And you come saying 2 platforms that means absolutelly nothing when Xbox One version sold less than 4k in Japan and less than 500k WW.
Xbox One didn't help FFXV sales... PS4 was where it sold.