Japanese Games Thread - Official Thread

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So disappointed that Namco Bandai leak was fake... but I hope many of those things exist coincidentally or that they were good guesses....

That would be fine.
Some games on that fake list didn't enjoy a commercial success to get a sequel. The Tales sequel is too early for it to release next year. That fake picture was a Christmas wish of a Namco Bandai fan.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I am currently going through the Yakuza games. Last year I did 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2. In the past two weeks I did 3 Remastered and today i finished 4 Remastered. Love em. 4 was different enough to not be stale and the last chapter was a joy to see.

In the next few months i want: Soul Hackers 2, Valkyrie Elysium and Star Ocean 6.

• fire
Reactions: Eternal_Wings
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I am currently going through the Yakuza games. Last year I did 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2. In the past two weeks I did 3 Remastered and today i finished 4 Remastered. Love em. 4 was different enough to not be stale and the last chapter was a joy to see.

In the next few months i want: Soul Hackers 2, Valkyrie Elysium and Star Ocean 6.
I should try them out. Have them all digitally purchased but never played. Heard they are a monster of playtime.

Reactions: Yossarian

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I should try them out. Have them all digitally purchased but never played. Heard they are a monster of playtime.
They are great. I would recommend starting with Zero. Just keep in mind that 3, 4 & 5 are the oldest games now though

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Did anyone buy and play the Remaster of Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series?
So any adepts of the original here?

I bought it and have beaten both games. The collection is a little pricey at 40 bucks, but I felt it was still worth it. Klonoa 2 especially since it was stuck on the ps2 and emulation for it specifically isn't great from what I've heard.

As for other Japanese games, I'm almost at the first ending of monark. Its a decent if somewhat grindey game. Unfortunately it looks like a budget vita game so I imagine a lot of people overlooked it.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Anyone here play Valkyria Revolution? I'm about 6 hours in, I'm liking it a lot. The story is unique
Bought but never played it. Actually I am busy with YS IX right now and after that I wanted to finish God of War (2018) before Ragnarök launching. Is it fun so far?

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Bought but never played it. Actually I am busy with YS IX right now and after that I wanted to finish God of War (2018) before Ragnarök launching. Is it fun so far?
Man. I have never played a game with a story like this before. The MC and main characters are influencing and manipulating a war for their own personal reasons while their country fights that war. there is a lot of cutscenes and story. The gameplay is an action rpg. It has the addictive qualities of a good handheld game.

Is Ys good?

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Man. I have never played a game with a story like this before. The MC and main characters are influencing and manipulating a war for their own personal reasons while their country fights that war. there is a lot of cutscenes and story. The gameplay is an action rpg. It has the addictive qualities of a good handheld game.

Is Ys good?
Sounds promising, will give it a try after finishing GoW and Ragnarök. 👍🏻

You missed with YS one of the best JRPG franchises bruh. The combat system is Action and makes really addictive. If you liked Kingdom Hearts, you will like YS for sure. I recommend you starting with YS: Memories of Celceta, YS VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and then YS IX: Monstrum Nox.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022

You missed with YS one of the best JRPG franchises bruh. The combat system is Action and makes really addictive. If you liked Kingdom Hearts, you will like YS for sure. I recommend you starting with YS: Memories of Celceta, YS VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and then YS IX: Monstrum Nox.
I played some of Ys VIII, that's why Im asking actually. I got to the part where Dana becomes the Main character, i think it was chapter 3.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Man i played a few more hours on Valkyria Revolution and I gotta say it gets quite repetitive/boring. It's a shame because the first 6 hours or so are incredibly strong and has a lot of potential. I don't know if I'll continue with it. I would watch just the cutscenes if i could. Anyway, didn't want to sell you on an game that becomes dull gameplay

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

I'll second that, the ys series is awesome. I'd also recommend ys orgin. It's different from the others listed, but still alot of fun. One more recommendation would be Tokyo Xanadu.

• Informative
Reactions: Yossarian