Japanese Petition to Cancel AC Shadows Gets 40,000 Signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
The point is there isn't anything woke about making out the templars to be baddies lol, they've been made out to be baddies for centuries
What I said has absolutely nothing to do with being "woke", where did you get that from?

My actual point that I would like to not get misrepresented is that AC games never were historically accurate to begin with. Also, that has nothing to do with "woke", of course.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
It is not like you are doing a documentary.
It is a fictional game that involve even time travel after all… the guy could have lasers as weapon that it should be fine.
don't forget Aliens. AC at it's core is a game about aliens.

Reactions: ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What I said has absolutely nothing to do with being "woke", where did you get that from?

My actual point that I would like to not get misrepresented is that AC games never were historically accurate to begin with. Also, that has nothing to do with "woke", of course.
Go up a few posts to where this sidetrack started lol

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It is the 1st time. The entire gimmick of the story is the assassins are in the shadows of history. Now they are a main character of it. Why didn't we play as Jefferson in AC3? Or Blackbeard in Black Flag?

So now the issue is the game itself has changed or that historical characters are used incorrectly? I mean it’s a game. It doesn’t have to follow every rule 100%.

I don’t obsess too much over how Assassins Creed has changed gameplay wise. The recent games are enjoyable to me. The main point is i really don’t see a major problem with a real person that was a Samurai being a playable character.

Arguments whether he was or not act like there’s absolutely zero history and text that mentions him as so. It’s not something that’s completely made up.

I didnt play the game but wasnt it set in 50BC?

While I agree Egyptian history is not correct the way it is presented to the world (shoutout to John Anthony West’s magical Egypt lol) by 50bc and onwards Egypt was so mixed its not too far fetched having the last Medjay as a berber type mixing with other africans and everyone from that region. Im sure they were mixing it up around that time.

The series is based off Hasan Sabbah, but the game still hasnt had a setting or character in based off iran. But you dont hear me complain about it lol

Very true, yes. 50 BCE is when the Greeks and Romans were there and before them there were already wave after wave of invasions that cause mixing of the population.

It’s still funny a known ethnic group from Nubia is still not depicted, or even seen as on some occasions, as a Upper Nile Nilotic people.

At least Bayek’s voice actor is black. So there’s that I guess.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
And there's an entire University claiming he's not. They even fired the one guy that was making Wiki changes.They even have polititians involved. It's fun to watch, if nothing else.

If tgis turns out to be a good game, this all goes away. But man, I've never seen a game get this much crap for this.
What university is claiming he was not a samurai? Their opinion doesn't count if it wasn't a Japanese university that made that claim.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
So now the issue is the game itself has changed or that historical characters are used incorrectly? I mean it’s a game. It doesn’t have to follow every rule 100%.

I don’t obsess too much over how Assassins Creed has changed gameplay wise. The recent games are enjoyable to me. The main point is i really don’t see a major problem with a real person that was a Samurai being a playable character.

Arguments whether he was or not act like there’s absolutely zero history and text that mentions him as so. It’s not something that’s completely made up.

Very true, yes. 50 BCE is when the Greeks and Romans were there and before them there were already wave after wave of invasions that cause mixing of the population.

It’s still funny a known ethnic group from Nubia is still not depicted, or even seen as on some occasions, as a Upper Nile Nilotic people.

At least Bayek’s voice actor is black. So there’s that I guess.

Yeah, lots of things gets forgotten in history and lots gets ignored on purpose because it doesnt fit the narrative the people have set. We’re talkin 10’s or hundreds of years of a certain narrative where university experts have invested there money and reputation. I

Seriously some of the stuff in the west that is “official” is just so limited when you study it from the actual country it comes from. Again the character that Assassins Creed is based off is Hasan Sabah.

Outside of Iran, Hasan Sabbah is known as the man who created the assassins order and basically acted like a terrorist.
But if you look at alot of Iranian history books, the man is one of the big reasons Iran isnt speaking Arabic or a part from the Sunni sect of Islam. While also causing issues for the “crusaders” lol.

I think its a lost opportunity to do some crazy stuff regarding Sengoku period. Some of the clans the assassins could of been apart of, could of fit perfectly with some of the conspiracy historic japanese stuff.

I wonder if they make Nobunaga side as a the good guys? Would be a strange choice

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko
Status
Not open for further replies.